• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
"Antibiotic resistance occurs when bacteria change in some way that reduces or eliminates the effectiveness of drugs, chemicals, or other agents designed to cure or prevent infections. The bacteria survive and continue to multiply causing more harm."
Why are bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics? - RxList

You think you are saving lives, instead you are destroying lives.

That "change" they're talking about is an aspect of evolution known as "adaptation"....

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/news/080401_mrsa

Last edited:

Sonofason

So you've seen none and have no evidence that refutes the fatc of evolution...so what makes you so sure evolution is false if you can't bring forth evidence to disprove it....:confused:

I never said evolution is false. I said, I have seen no convincing evidence supporting evolution. I've said that evolution seems quite logical to me, but I have seen no evidence supporting it.

Are you confused?
Honestly, putting words in the mouths of others sort of makes your comments seem rather impotent.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I never said evolution is false. I said, I have seen no convincing evidence supporting evolution. I've said that evolution seems quite logical to me, but I have seen no evidence supporting it.

Are you confused?
Honestly, putting words in the mouths of others sort of makes your comments seem rather impotent.

Evidence has been shown multiple times. The fact that you don't accept it even though it is backed up by biologist, chmeist and other scientist in the respective fields over hundreds of years of research and discovery....hardly eliminate that it is indeed evidence.

In fact...you did imply evolution was false when state the claim was false that we are related to chimps/baboons...

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/3973889-post1116.html

"We are not 99% like chimps or baboons. However, since you are stating this as if it were a fact, I propose that you provide some evidence to support your false claim."

:confused:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
So thankfully, medical science is injuring human survival capabilities, by advancing the evolution of bacteria. Way to go. Hopefully someone got the Nobel Prize for that wonderful contribution.

Well at least you're acknowledging it as evidence of evolution....

Sonofason

Evidence has been shown multiple times. The fact that you don't accept it even though it is backed up by biologist, chmeist and other scientist in the respective fields over hundreds of years of research and discovery....hardly eliminate that it is indeed evidence.

In fact...you did imply evolution was false when state the claim was false that we are related to chimps/baboons...

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/3973889-post1116.html

"We are not 99% like chimps or baboons. However, since you are stating this as if it were a fact, I propose that you provide some evidence to support your false claim."

:confused:

Actually, I made that statement because we are not 99% like chimps as the poster implied. Even our genetics are not 99% like the chimps. If you believe we are genetically 99% the same as chimps, I'd love to see your evidence. I have heard that new research has shown that we are less like chimps than previously thought. But I'd love to see why you believe that we are 99% like chimps.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Actually, I made that statement because we are not 99% like chimps as the poster implied. Even our genetics are not 99% like the chimps. If you believe we are genetically 99% the same as chimps, I'd love to see your evidence. I have heard that new research has shown that we are less like chimps than previously thought. But I'd love to see why you believe that we are 99% like chimps.

Actually it's both chimpanzees and bonobos......

The bonobo genome compared with the chimpanzee and human genomes : Nature : Nature Publishing Group

Sonofason

Epigenomics | Learn Science at Scitable

Note: Nature.com is the place where peer reviewed studies are placed. This site is about scientific studies, findings and publication of that research.

"However, identical twins, who inherit exactly the same set of genes from their parents, can end up with different physical characteristics, behaviors, and even predispositions to disease."

Can end up? Why not do end up?

Sorry, I see a lot of claims, but I just don't see the evidence.

Sonofason

But if we're giving you the evidence..and you won't accept it because you don't think the evidence convinces you then it's fair to ask what do you consider evidence.....:confused:

Yes, it's fair to ask me what I consider evidence. And I assure you I'll let you know when I see it.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
"However, identical twins, who inherit exactly the same set of genes from their parents, can end up with different physical characteristics, behaviors, and even predispositions to disease."

Can end up? Why not do end up?

Sorry, I see a lot of claims, but I just don't see the evidence.

But you missed the information that was posted earlier informing us that even genetically they're different. Even their fingerprints are different. Of course when we look at twins with see the similarites and think their exactly the same but on a microscopic level or more precisely...a genomic level there are difference.....

Sonofason

But you missed the information that was posted earlier informing us that even genetically they're different. Even their fingerprints are different. Of course when we look at twins with see the similarites and think their exactly the same but on a microscopic level or more precisely...a genomic level there are difference.....

I'm sorry, I haven't seen any twins at the microscopic level. I can't help you.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Yes, it's amazing how bacteria can evolve into bacteria.

Then you don't understand evolution. It's not really about one thing becoming something else. Evolution is about change. That change happens in many different ways. No one ever suggested bacteria is going to evolve into something totally different. One of the sub-categories of evolution is "adaptation". This is what all organism do.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I'm sorry, I haven't seen any twins at the microscopic level. I can't help you.

Oh..OK..I get it now. I see what you're doing. Despite my best attempts to engage is meaningful dialogue and present you with actual peer reviewed scientific literature you seem to not be interested in any of that........:confused:

Sonofason

Then you don't understand evolution. It's not really about one thing becoming something else. Evolution is about change. That change happens in many different ways. No one ever suggested bacteria is going to evolve into something totally different. One of the sub-categories of evolution is "adaptation". This is what all organism do.

The point is, Medical Science is detrimental to humanity, because it causes bacteria to adapt in ways that harm our ability to fight bacteria and diseases.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Yes, it's fair to ask me what I consider evidence. And I assure you I'll let you know when I see it.

But how would you know? How could you tell....if you don't even accept the evidence already presented to you by those working in the respective area of evolution?