• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

*[I believe] Atheism is an absurd worldview

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The bible is a living witness because it was formed in the context of a church that is alive and has not stopped growing since the events the scriptures describe. Moreover the Spirit of God that inspired those texts and who dwells in His church is with us still. All Christians can say they know God and it is the subjective intimacy of that relationship that links us to the objective certainty of the object of our faith.
The same can be said of all religions. They all develop in the context of the culture they came from, they all have adherents who can "feel the spirit," and they all come from sacred prophets, priests, and shamans.
Besides the other religions do not pass muster on close examination.
The Bible also fails. Such as, we know the languages of the world did not come from one central point as many of them developed independently on different parts of the globe.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
We may not have free will and be completely governed by physics that is 100% predictable. We simply aren't at a stage of brain development to consider the vast number of variables.

It doesn't mean you have to wear religious headgear.
That's okay. Physics isn't in the business of governing.

Jiddanand

Atheism is absurd. There is nothing to discuss. Still this post is breaking the records. How foolish is this?

outhouse

Atheistically
Atheism is absurd

Many people do not accept the freedom of others choice and wish to condemn what they do not understand

Basically you make it painfully obvious you have no tolerance towards others beliefs despite not being able to defend your own.

There is nothing to discuss

With you? I agree.

Still this post is breaking the records.

Many people have a hard tike grasping knowledge

How foolish is this?

As foolish as those lacking tolerance and freedom.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Many people do not accept the freedom of others choice and wish to condemn what they do not understand

Basically you make it painfully obvious you have no tolerance towards others beliefs despite not being able to defend your own.

With you? I agree.

Many people have a hard tike grasping knowledge

As foolish as those lacking tolerance and freedom.
Don't feed the troll.

atanu

Premium Member
External to you.

If you cannot physically have access to your book, you cannot connect with your god. There is nothing spiritual about it.

No book. No god.

First, please leave God aside.

So, how did the guys conceive the Vedas and bring forth the Book? From your POV, they must have had an external book? No? Your view is same as the view of a dreamer believing the dream 'me' and dream 'world' to be separate. To some of us the waking dream is over. We can clearly see that the subject-object division is a sensual artefact.

Actually what we have here is the contraposition of two views based on their respective knowledge/belief systems. First, is the view that all discrete objects are objectively real and separate. The second is the view of sameness, arrived at through certain experiences and contemplations. This view holds that all objects are held in awareness, which cannot be many.

I can here use a simple metaphor to point to this. If waves of an ocean were intelligent, some may cling to the notion that "I am a wave and there are other dangerous waves out there". And some waves may begin to see that they were really different shapes of same water.

"Rain and hail and ice and snow,
Neither like the other. So!
When they melt, however, lo,
See one stream of water flow!

YMMV.

Shadow Wolf

Jiddanand

I have repeatedly said that the people who can not see the creation are blind. Blind in the sense that their vision is confined to the self. Happens!!!

Shadow Wolf

I have repeatedly said that the people who can not see the creation are blind. Blind in the sense that their vision is confined to the self. Happens!!!
Or it could just be you are seeing what you want to see - it's rather an unusual habit that people have.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Yes, you have said repeatedly.
In fact, I am wondering why it is you have not convinced yourself of it yet.

First, please leave God aside.

So, how did the guys conceive the Vedas and bring forth the Book? From your POV, they must have had an external book? No? Your view is same as the view of a dreamer believing the dream 'me' and dream 'world' to be separate. To some of us the waking dream is over. We can clearly see that the subject-object division is a sensual artefact.

Actually what we have here is the contraposition of two views based on their respective knowledge/belief systems. First, is the view that all discrete objects are objectively real and separate. The second is the view of sameness, arrived at through certain experiences and contemplations. This view holds that all objects are held in awareness, which cannot be many.

I can here use a simple metaphor to point to this. If waves of an ocean were intelligent, some may cling to the notion that "I am a wave and there are other dangerous waves out there". And some waves may begin to see that they were really different shapes of same water.

"Rain and hail and ice and snow,
Neither like the other. So!
When they melt, however, lo,
See one stream of water flow!

YMMV.
It is the same way Joseph Smith conceived the Book of Mormon.

Why don't you believe in that one?