• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe UFO and Aliens are real.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You misunderstand, ultimate reality has never been about knowing, it is about awareness. Awareness exists when the mind is totally still and free from thought.
You appear to be making up your own terminology. Can you define what you mean by awareness?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
And that just sounds like confirmation bias. You believe what you want to believe without a proper reason.
Please try to understand, this is not about belief, belief requires a mental state of thought, non-conceptual awareness does not involve a believer, it requires a mind free from belief. a non-thinking mind state.

The thinking mind is essential for human survival in a material environment, but when it comes to religious practice, it must be abandoned. the spirit can never be apprehended by thought or belief. There can never be any physical evidence for the existence of spirit in the sense of science, but there is the potential for the realization of being spirit.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Please try to understand, this is not about belief, belief requires a mental state of thought, non-conceptual awareness does not involve a believer, it requires a mind free from belief. a non-thinking mind state.

The thinking mind is essential for human survival in a material environment, but when it comes to religious practice, it must be abandoned. the spirit can never be apprehended by thought or belief. There can never be any physical evidence for the existence of spirit in the sense of science, but there is the potential for the realization of being spirit.
It appears that you are making claims that you cannot support. You may believe that you are more aware than others, but it does not appear that way.

We Never Know

No Slack
Honestly i believe UFO'S and aliens do exist and that they have visitede us hete on earth.

It would be very strange if only this planet called earth was populated.

How about you? What do you believe or think of the UFO/Alien topic?

Why is it so "scary" to admit that they might exist?

Its shown that life does exist in the universe(we are here).
That under the right conditions life can arise and evolve.
That the universe is 13+ Billion years old.
That the oldest solar system we know of is 11+ billion years old.
That our solar system/earth is only 5+ billion years old.

So some other solar systems have at least a 6 billion year head start on us(and/or could be completely gone by now).
Could they harbor life or even intelligent life, sure seems like it(and may be way farther advanced than us). Unless we here on earth are "just special".

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Its shown that life does exist in the universe(we are here).
That under the right conditions life can arise and evolve.
That the universe is 13+ Billion years old.
That the oldest solar system we know of is 11+ billion years old.
That our solar system/earth is only 5+ billion years old.

So some other solar systems have at least a 6 billion year head start on us(and/or could be completely gone by now).
Could they harbor life or even intelligent life, sure seems like it unless we here on earth are "just special".

You are missing a key point. Yes, intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is almost a given. I do not think anyone is disputing that. The problem is that interstellar travel may be impossible. The distance between stars is much longer than UFO fans seem to realize.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It appears that you are making claims that you cannot support. You may believe that you are more aware than others, but it does not appear that way.
There you go again, you can't understand that beliefs don't come into it. Being in a transcendent mind state is non-dualistic, there is only pure awareness, there is not a separate entity being aware of something, just non-dual awareness. When one drops out of the non-dual state, duality once more is the mind's state of reality, a thinker and thoughts. You presently are only aware of the dualistic state of mind with its beliefs, thoughts, ideas, etc., the non-dual state is yet to be realized.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's not really, but it is understandable that you do not understand because you are yet to experience it. It requires that you put your mind in a meditative state, not a thinking state, and as of now you are not yet able.

It certainly appears that way. You are unable to support it, you as much as admitted that it was just a belief when you said that it could not be tested.

Guess what? Real things can be tested.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There you go again, you can't understand that beliefs don't come into it. Being in a transcendent mind state is non-dualistic, there is only pure awareness, there is not a separate entity being aware of something, just non-dual awareness. When one drops out of the non-dual state, duality once more is the mind's state of reality, a thinker and thoughts.
Then prove it. If you can't then it is just a belief.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It certainly appears that way. You are unable to support it, you as much as admitted that it was just a belief when you said that it could not be tested.

Guess what? Real things can be tested.
See, you believe reality can be tested, it can't because the concept of a tester is an indivisible aspect of reality. The tester testing reality is reality, and absolute reality is an indivisible one. Any distinctions you make between a tester of reality and reality is only a mental conceptualization, which is an indivisible aspect of the one reality.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Then prove it. If you can't then it is just a belief.
It's my religious practice, my mind state is in a non-dual state much of the day, and because it is non-dual, there no one present to prove something, nor any one present to witness a proof. Since you mind state is dualistic, the only way for you to have proof is to start meditating and perhaps in a few years, the mind state that is still and free from thought may be realized.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
See, you believe reality can be tested, it can't because the concept of a tester is an indivisible aspect of reality. The tester testing reality is reality, and absolute reality is an indivisible one. Any distinctions you make between a tester of reality and reality is only a mental conceptualization, which is an indivisible aspect of the one reality.
Yes, that is why it is called "reality".

And back to the word salad. Zenny games may fool the young.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's my religious practice, my mind state is in a non-dual state much of the day, and because it is non-dual, there no one present to prove something, nor any one present to witness a proof. Since you mind state is dualistic, the only way for you to have proof is to start meditating and perhaps in a few years, the mind state that is still and free from thought may be realized.
That is fine. Then just call it a belief. There is nothing wrong with that. But when someone claims that he has more than just a belief then one takes on a burden of proof.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
That is fine. Then just call it a belief. There is nothing wrong with that. But when someone claims that he has more than just a belief then one takes on a burden of proof.
I have never said I have anything, quite the opposite, it is only when I cease to exist does pure awareness arise.
When the I drops back into existence, there is a memory of the experience, but the I did not experience the transcendent state of mind, nor can it ever.