• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe UFO and Aliens are real.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Remember the bell curve, what is rational to your mind may not be to mine, and vice versa. Tbh, I have little interest in most of what to me is babble in your comments. By babble I mean irrelevant chatter about Trump, elections, Thunderf00t's video, etc.. What interests me is the bigger picture, apprehension of the whole of existence.

That would probably just mean that you are misapplying the concept. Of course you are wrong when you try to call Thunderf00t's videos "babble". He explained how the last three UFO's are almost certainly just ordinary events. They are no longer "U". They are just FO's.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
That would probably just mean that you are misapplying the concept. Of course you are wrong when you try to call Thunderf00t's videos "babble". He explained how the last three UFO's are almost certainly just ordinary events. They are no longer "U". They are just FO's.
As explained before, if you want to believe a youtuber's opinions, that's fine by me, everyone is free to believe what they want. but if you seriously want to know what and who you really are in the context of the big picture. the mind must realize THAT beyond the belief.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As explained before, if you want to believe a youtuber's opinions, that's fine by me, everyone is free to believe what they want. but if you seriously want to know what and who you really are in the context of the big picture. the mind must realize THAT beyond the belief.
It is not his "opinions". It is his argument supported by evidence. You really should try to learn how to form a rational argument. Did you forget already how you lost the argument because you used a strawman?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It is not his "opinions". It is his argument supported by evidence. You really should try to learn how to form a rational argument. Did you forget already how you lost the argument because you used a strawman?
Losing, winning, there is no competition, there is only understanding and not understanding! True understanding is not only understanding understanding, but also understanding not understanding; Do you understand what is being explained?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Losing, winning, there is no competition, there is only understanding and not understanding! True understanding is not only understanding understanding, but also understanding not understanding; Do you understand what is being explained?
Fine, you acted as if it were a contest when you did not understand something it made you mad. You do not understand how we know that those latest UFO's are now just FO's. They have been roughly identified. There is no reason at all to think that they are aliens. Actually there is no good reason at all to think that any UFO is an alien.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Fine, you acted as if it were a contest when you did not understand something it made you mad. You do not understand how we know that those latest UFO's are now just FO's. They have been roughly identified. There is no reason at all to think that they are aliens. Actually there is no good reason at all to think that any UFO is an alien.
I never think about these things, I am trying to help you understand that all that happens is all that happens, nothing more. If someone said they saw an alien, whether or not they did is only speculation, the fact is that made a claim. If someone refutes the claim, that is reality. My goal is to find out what and who am I in the bigger picture.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I never think about these things, I am trying to help you understand that all that happens is all that happens, nothing more. If someone said they saw an alien, whether or not they did is only speculation, the fact is that made a claim. If someone refutes the claim, that is reality. My goal is to find out what and who am I in the bigger picture.
Your reactions when your beliefs were threatened indicates otherwise.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
It is not a dig, just a home truth that atheists should understand about the inherent limitations associated with beliefs. Beliefs are not reality, never will be, they are merely mental conceptualizations meant to represent the real.
Well gee wizz, chum, try telling that to the many holding religious beliefs and who do believe that their beliefs are the actual truth. :oops:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Well gee wizz, chum, try telling that to the many holding religious beliefs and who do believe that their beliefs are the actual truth. :oops:
Beliefs have their part in the beginning, but correct religious teachings are about realizing a goal, not just holding it as a belief. In any event, reality is what it is, everything is fine as it is, people who have beliefs strongly antagonistic to other's beliefs will never realize the truth of what and who they really are, just waste their life in pettiness.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Beliefs have their part in the beginning, but correct religious teachings are about realizing a goal, not just holding it as a belief. In any event, reality is what it is, everything is fine as it is, people who have beliefs strongly antagonistic to other's beliefs will never realize the truth of what and who they really are, just waste their life in pettiness.
So be it for you - your life in pettiness or belief or reality (that which we know exists). :oops:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So be it for you - your life in pettiness or belief or reality (that which we know exists). :oops:
Again I must admit to not understanding what you are trying to convey. Reality is eternal, personal belief only lasts until the death of the body. So unless one realizes what and who they really are in the context of universal reality, then this life has not born the ultimate fruit.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Again I must admit to not understanding what you are trying to convey. Reality is eternal, personal belief only lasts until the death of the body. So unless one realizes what and who they really are in the context of universal reality, then this life has not born the ultimate fruit.
Is rambling on about reality your new schtick? Do you really believe that you have a firm grasp of reality?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You seemed to believe strongly that UFO's were aliens.
UFOs are UFOs, based on msm reports, probably 99% plus are nonsense. But wrt those that are possibly not nonsense, who knows? As to my own understanding, there is something to it, but beyond that, it is impossible to convey to another concerning the reality of a subjective experience.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
So you propose to know all about ultimate reality? Give over. :oops:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Q
UFOs are UFOs, based on msm reports, probably 99% plus are nonsense. But wrt those that are possibly not nonsense, who knows? As to my own understanding, there is something to it, but beyond that, it is impossible to convey to another concerning the reality of a subjective experience.
What evidence is there that they are anything but natural phenomena?