• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe UFO and Aliens are real.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
We also have to face them on the basis of examinable evidence, no?
Do you infer...
Does a human inferring by thought other humans are dumb..dummies. not intelligent as they are consciousness....as and by their say so. Conscious human too.

Then you by movie themes build dummies as aliens yourselves... inference conscious use any human thinking... not very intelligent advice...as you're just humans too.

You photograph them...then release false public information....as we are dummies says a greedy rich man's want of world control.

Yet never say I was telling myself I'm not very intelligent are you...but don't listen as you never have listened.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Absolutely, I was quoting the precise words of astrophysicist David Spergel, president of the Simons Foundation for advancing scientific research, who heads the NASA sixteen member team announced to investigate UAP/UFOs.

Meet the UFO experts selected by NASA to study 'unidentified aerial phenomena'
I agree that reports of that kind which reach a fair level of credibility (which I don't attempt to define) require to be investigated if only because they may disclose potential threats to air safety and military security.

The idea I find hardest to accept is that intelligent life from other parts of the universe would travel to earth just to flit around the skies for a short time. How could they do that? What could motivate such an expenditure of resources on their part? Why would they want secrecy? If they're hiding, why don't they send in their equivalent of drones to have a look, instead of appearing full-sized overhead and frightening the horses? Why do sightings appear to report humanoids, critters with a basic metabolic plan like humans? Must intelligent life be four-limbed and bipedal? Why? And why do reports of aliens never refer to the aliens looking uncomfortable in earth gravity, either too heavy or too light?

So while continuing to approve careful and smart enquiry into reports, my skepticism is still waiting to be shocked.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you infer...
Does a human inferring by thought other humans are dumb..dummies. not intelligent as they are consciousness....as and by their say so. Conscious human too.

Then you by movie themes build dummies as aliens yourselves... inference conscious use any human thinking... not very intelligent advice...as you're just humans too.

You photograph them...then release false public information....as we are dummies says a greedy rich man's want of world control.

Yet never say I was telling myself I'm not very intelligent are you...but don't listen as you never have listened.
See my reply to >ben d<.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I agree that reports of that kind which reach a fair level of credibility (which I don't attempt to define) require to be investigated if only because they may disclose potential threats to air safety and military security.

The idea I find hardest to accept is that intelligent life from other parts of the universe would travel to earth just to flit around the skies for a short time. How could they do that? What could motivate such an expenditure of resources on their part? Why would they want secrecy? If they're hiding, why don't they send in their equivalent of drones to have a look, instead of appearing full-sized overhead and frightening the horses? Why do sightings appear to report humanoids, critters with a basic metabolic plan like humans? Must intelligent life be four-limbed and bipedal? Why? And why do reports of aliens never refer to the aliens looking uncomfortable in earth gravity, either too heavy or too light?

So while continuing to approve careful and smart enquiry into reports, my skepticism is still waiting to be shocked.
So long as you are satisfied with skeptical beliefs, that's fine.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So long as you are satisfied with skeptical beliefs, that's fine.
More accurately, I'm satisfied by satisfactory demonstrations, for which I think skeptical enquiry is the best approach ─ the old skeptical reply, "Show me!"

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
More accurately, I'm satisfied by satisfactory demonstrations, for which I think skeptical enquiry is the best approach ─ the old skeptical reply, "Show me!"
So long as you are satisfied waiting for others to show you, fine.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
No more than you are - by accepting some particular religious text as 'truth' perhaps. :oops:
Fyi, the thread is about UFOs, not religion, but since you make the claim, you will need to provide evidence to support your claim, your imagination can't be taken seriously.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Fyi, the thread is about UFOs, not religion, but since you make the claim, you will need to provide evidence to support your claim, your imagination can't be taken seriously.
To be fair many UFO believers use the same standards for their beliefs as the religious. There does not appear to be any solid evidence for UFO's being aliens. UFO's are simply Unidentified Flying Objects. The vast majority are eventually identified. Do you remember the three UFO's that the government supposedly could not be identified? When they were released the sources were quickly found and explained. And even if you do have a UFO that is never identified all that you have is an argument from ignorance. Since the vast majority of the time they are identified and found to be caused by every day objects I do not see any reason to think that they are aliens.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
To be fair many UFO believers use the same standards for their beliefs as the religious. There does not appear to be any solid evidence for UFO's being aliens. UFO's are simply Unidentified Flying Objects. The vast majority are eventually identified. Do you remember the three UFO's that the government supposedly could not be identified? When they were released the sources were quickly found and explained. And even if you do have a UFO that is never identified all that you have is an argument from ignorance. Since the vast majority of the time they are identified and found to be caused by every day objects I do not see any reason to think that they are aliens.
My exchange with blu was about UFO research, not belief.