• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can't believe I am going to die one day...

Just_me_Mike

I hope that makes sense....
It does... But one thing I know for sure is change is inevitable. Which is why I profess no faith, and simply profess to speak what seems right to me. That way I am not on the hook anymore for being this or being that. I am a human in progress, processing millions of messages everyday and limited time to really think about them. But boy when I do get time to think about them I realize just how stupid some sound and how silly either myself or another person has been to spread certain messages.

I find the message of eternity offers hope. Unfortunately there is not much hope left on this Earth. those that wish to make it a better place are too weak, and those that wish to dominate... well are just winning. :shrug:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Sounds strange, but I just can't come to terms with it. I feel like it shouldn't happen, like I am special and shouldn't die. Anyone else ever feel that way?

Absolutely.
My father used to tell me that the reason we cannot imagine non-existence is because our self is eternal, never created and never destroyed. I do not know if this is the actual reason, but I like the idea. I think that death is literally unimaginable. But the again, maybe it is just me whose imagination cannot venture that far.

Just_me_Mike

Absolutely.
My father used to tell me that the reason we cannot imagine non-existence is because our self is eternal, never created and never destroyed. I do not know if this is the actual reason, but I like the idea. I think that death is literally unimaginable. But the again, maybe it is just me whose imagination cannot venture that far.
Nor should it. Dignity is wholly absent in a person who dies wishing for finality. It is the child like spirit giving way to an illusory adult like settling for sensation of defeat many call reality. Just can't buy that today.

tarasan

It does... But one thing I know for sure is change is inevitable. Which is why I profess no faith, and simply profess to speak what seems right to me. That way I am not on the hook anymore for being this or being that. I am a human in progress, processing millions of messages everyday and limited time to really think about them. But boy when I do get time to think about them I realize just how stupid some sound and how silly either myself or another person has been to spread certain messages.

I find the message of eternity offers hope. Unfortunately there is not much hope left on this Earth. those that wish to make it a better place are too weak, and those that wish to dominate... well are just winning. :shrug:

the message of eternity does offer hope, I myself also find that the thought of a just, merciful God offers hope, (had to get my beliefs in here somewhere XD)

I think that eternity offers us something more than hope though, it offers us wonder, and mystery. I think that the world would be a sad place without the concept of eterity.

Just_me_Mike

the message of eternity does offer hope, I myself also find that the thought of a just, merciful God offers hope, (had to get my beliefs in here somewhere XD)

I think that eternity offers us something more than hope though, it offers us wonder, and mystery. I think that the world would be a sad place without the concept of eterity.
The only part I disagree with here, is in bold. The world is a sad place with or without this concept.

I think the world has evolved beyond the days of a hero coming to save the people of the land. There is no more land to run to for freedom.

In the past, one could come into a land, and see oppression. Triumph or lead the oppressed out of the land to an unused land. At least until someone invaded them or evil happened from within the newly freed people. Today everything is corrupt, and there is no land to run too. Basically we are ******...

What I would like to see, is a plan to change all of that. Maybe that is the last hero to come, is someone with a plan to change the surmountable odds we see before us, because from where I stand I don't see how it is possible without divine intervention. If I had a plan I would push it, and probably die in the course of pushing it.
So in that way I think the concept of eternity turns too many people into pacifists which nurtures the sad state of affairs.

Actually I just wonder how many angry pacifists there are out there, almost to boiling point ready to act if there was just a plan to really make the action cause real change in the world. I am not talking Obama BS change...

tarasan

The only part I disagree with here, is in bold. The world is a sad place with or without this concept.

I think the world has evolved beyond the days of a hero coming to save the people of the land. There is no more land to run to for freedom.

In the past, one could come into a land, and see oppression. Triumph or lead the oppressed out of the land to an unused land. At least until someone invaded them or evil happened from within the newly freed people. Today everything is corrupt, and there is no land to run too. Basically we are ******...

What I would like to see, is a plan to change all of that. Maybe that is the last hero to come, is someone with a plan to change the surmountable odds we see before us, because from where I stand I don't see how it is possible without divine intervention. If I had a plan I would push it, and probably die in the course of pushing it.
So in that way I think the concept of eternity turns too many people into pacifists which nurtures the sad state of affairs.

Actually I just wonder how many angry pacifists there are out there, almost to boiling point ready to act if there was just a plan to really make the action cause real change in the world. I am not talking Obama BS change...

i wanna focus on this part, I dont believe the concept of eternity turns people into pacifist, I believe fear and laziness turns people into the knd of pacifist your describing, the concept of eternity is an excuse.

also I feel your getting a bit extreme I dotn think everything is corrupt, although admittedly quite a bit of it is.

Mr Cheese

bleakness and darkness is all you'll see , if that is all you look for...

Loneliness it shadows me, quicker than darkness
Crawls to the surface of my skin, visibly surrounded by it

Black is all I feel, so this is how it feels to be free

Surrounded by empty souls, artificial courage used
And because so, once was mine
I walk this maze alone

The man's beside himself, man's below himself
Man's behind himself, Am I inside myself

Chaos and hate shadow me, pain it fills me up
Only one thing makes me feel, missing better half of me

Chaos and hate shadow me, hate it fills me up

But it doesnt have to be that way
The world is beautiful
Life is wonderful
:p well its harder to say today...my job sucks and I had a fight at home last night.,,

Even when the darkest clouds are in the sky
You mustn't sigh and you mustn't cry
Spread a little happiness as you go by
Please try

What's the use of worrying and feeling blue
When days are long keep on smiling through
Spread a little happiness till dreams come true

Surely you'll be wise to make the best of every blues day
Don't you realise you'll find next monday or next Tuesday
Your golden shoes day

I've got a creed for every need
So easy that it must succeed
I'll set it down for you to read
So please, take heed
Keep out the gloom
Let in the sun
That's my advice for everyone
It's only once we pass this way
So day by day

Please try

What's the use of worrying and feeling blue?

Your golden shoes day

Your golden shoes day

Just_me_Mike

i wanna focus on this part, I dont believe the concept of eternity turns people into pacifist, I believe fear and laziness turns people into the knd of pacifist your describing, the concept of eternity is an excuse.

also I feel your getting a bit extreme I dotn think everything is corrupt, although admittedly quite a bit of it is.
True, true the world does have it's good points, humans just haven't had enough time to screw it all up :D

bleakness and darkness is all you'll see , if that is all you look for...

Loneliness it shadows me, quicker than darkness
Crawls to the surface of my skin, visibly surrounded by it

Surrounded by empty souls, artificial courage used
And because so, once was mine
I walk this maze alone

Chaos and hate shadow me, pain it fills me up

Chaos and hate shadow me, hate it fills me up

But it doesnt have to be that way
The world is beautiful
Life is wonderful
:p well its harder to say today...my job sucks and I had a fight at home last night.,,

Please try

What's the use of worrying and feeling blue

Your golden shoes day

I've got a creed for every need
So easy that it must succeed
I'll set it down for you to read
So please, take heed
Keep out the gloom
Let in the sun
That's my advice for everyone
It's only once we pass this way
So day by day

Please try

What's the use of worrying and feeling blue?

Your golden shoes day

Your golden shoes day

Mr Cheeze, to me it is a little more complicated than that. I didn't look for us to invade Iraq, or many of the stupid things going on. That would happen despite a cheerful disposition on my part.

I'm hip, I can be cool as ice while the fire rages on. I can write sonnets of mystery and wonder to lift the spirit or sway the skeptic. However even after a thousand sonnets are written, and our eyes lift away from the page before us, the pile of dung still exists outside those doors.

tarasan

True, true the world does have it's good points, humans just haven't had enough time to screw it all up :D

I still have hope we wont muck it ALL up but maybe im deluding myself.

If I am I pray I die long before my delusion comes crashing down

Just_me_Mike

I still have hope we wont muck it ALL up but maybe im deluding myself.

If I am I pray I die long before my delusion comes crashing down
No, for me I want to be here if it all comes crashing down. In the spirit of Mr Cheese, I present one of my favorite songs.

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation from this

******** three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless ******* hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any ******* time. Any ******* day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Fret for your figure and
Fret for your latte and
Fret for your lawsuit and
Fret for your hairpiece and
Fret for your prozac and
Fret for your pilot and
Fret for your contract and
Fret for your car.

It's a
******** three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless ******* hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any ******* time. Any ******* day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dip****s.

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will cuz
I sure could use a vacation from this

STUPID ****, silly ****, stupid ****...

One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim.

Mum's gonna fix it all soon.
Mum's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be.

Learn to swim.

**** L Ron Hubbard and
**** all his clones.
**** all these gun-toting
Hip gangster wannabes.

Learn to swim.

**** retro anything.
**** your tattoos.
**** all you junkies and
**** your short memory.

Learn to swim.

**** smiley glad-hands,
With hidden agendas.
**** these dysfunctional,
Insecure actresses.

Learn to swim.

Cuz I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mum please flush it all away.
I wanna see it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.

Time to bring it down again.
Don't just call me pessimist.
Try and read between the lines.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it come down.
Come down.
Suck it down.
Flush it down

.lava

Veteran Member
Sounds strange, but I just can't come to terms with it. I feel like it shouldn't happen, like I am special and shouldn't die. Anyone else ever feel that way?

:) everyone is special and it is only physical body that dies because it belongs here. it is just an vehicle to be able to be here. i assume you might say "i can't believe it" after you die as well. because you won't be dead as if you were never existed

Just_me_Mike

:) everyone is special and it is only physical body that dies because it belongs here. it is just an vehicle to be able to be here. i assume you might say "i can't believe it" after you die as well. because you won't be dead as if you were never existed

.lava true.
For me though, I don't want to even die physically. So we'll see how long I can keep it going :D

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Food for thought.......

You, along with myself and every other sentient being, are dying right at this moment. We are all experiencing tiny little deaths with each and every passing second.

But we are also being reborn into something new each and every moment.

Death is change. It really is a part of life, because without it, we remain static, unchanging, and IMO pretty dang boring. ;)

When you have learned to let go of who you once were, you then are given a small taste of what it's like to die. It's liberating, to be honest. :)

Just_me_Mike

Food for thought.......

You, along with myself and every other sentient being, are dying right at this moment. We are all experiencing tiny little deaths with each and every passing second.

But we are also being reborn into something new each and every moment.

Death is change. It really is a part of life, because without it, we remain static, unchanging, and IMO pretty dang boring. ;)

When you have learned to let go of who you once were, you then are given a small taste of what it's like to die. It's liberating, to be honest. :)
Hey you...

I like it.. The thing is though, for me, I at times I don't want to change at all. Especially when I am with my 10 year old and he is giving me a hug. If I could capture that for eternity I would :shrug: :D

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Hey you...

I like it.. The thing is though, for me, I at times I don't want to change at all. Especially when I am with my 10 year old and he is giving me a hug. If I could capture that for eternity I would :shrug: :D

I understand. :)

Having a perspective where moments like that are temporary hopefully offers the opportunity to appreciate them that much more when they do happen.