• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a feeling that the afterlife doesn't exist

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
When Adam and Eve were created, all they had to do was listen to their Creator. They didn't have a bunch of rules and regulations to follow.
Adam and Eve were created (for that matter every man and women) by G-d under a process of creation in million/billions of years , of course, they both had/have parents, okay, right, please?
If (Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah (who never was a Zealot nor of the Judaic descent aka a Jew) did have a mother; Adam must also have had, okay, right, please??
The same way Adam must have followed (some sort of) rules/commandment etc of G-d, right, please?
Even the Western Atheists (et al) the flip side of Paulines, I understand follow the rules of the state, though not of the mythical Jesus god or (holy) Ghost god, no sane person would accept such gods, okay, please?

Regards

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yes as atoms form molecules, molecules form DNA, and DNA makes up all lifeforms including US thinking apes with molecular brains and a molecular nervous system all completely formed by atoms that formed in stars.
You mean the "LUCA"? or do you mean that each star shoots atoms and they form each body with billions of atoms from lots and lots of different stars? (Anyway, have a nice day and I'm pretty finished with this discussion with you...take care as your molecules do whatever they do...)

YoursTrue

Adam and Eve were created (for that matter every man and women) by G-d under a process of creation in million/billions of years , of course, they both had/have parents, okay, right, please?
If (Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah (who never was a Zealot nor of the Judaic descent aka a Jew) did have a mother; Adam must also have had, okay, right, please??
The same way Adam must have followed (some sort of) rules/commandment etc of G-d, right, please?
Even the Western Atheists (et al) the flip side of Paulines, I understand follow the rules of the state, though not of the mythical Jesus god or (holy) Ghost god, no sane person would accept such gods, okay, please?

Regards
So let me ask you this question, paarsurrey--do you think/believe that Jesus was born to Mary? I'd first have to understand your concept here, then maybe we can discuss other things.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If your morality is dependent on an afterlife you aren't moral to begin with.
I would say you can be empathic without afterlife, however, you cannot be moral. This is because what makes actions worthwhile is their goal, and God should be the end goal intention. Without him as a reward, there is no real morality. We can choose to act on empathy or be selfish, but there is no consequence or reward towards actions so that they have a compass to go by.

We can care about empathy, but without next world, the ranks to morality is just an illusion. There is no more better or worser person in unseen in that regard. The only ranks would be what ranks of prestige, wealth, and other worldly ranks in this world. And so why would a person sacrifice of the world that if there is no end result of benefit? Morality becomes awfully confusing when there is no ranks, no end results, no consequences. Empathy is not all of morality.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I would say you can be empathic without afterlife, however, you cannot be moral. This is because what makes actions worthwhile is their goal, and God should be the end goal intention. Without him as a reward, there is no real morality. We can choose to act on empathy or be selfish, but there is no consequence or reward towards actions so that they have a compass to go by.

We can care about empathy, but without next world, the ranks to morality is just an illusion. There is no more better or worser person in unseen in that regard. The only ranks would be what ranks of prestige, wealth, and other worldly ranks in this world. And so why would a person sacrifice of the world that if there is no end result of benefit? Morality becomes awfully confusing when there is no ranks, no end results, no consequences. Empathy is not all of morality.

I disagree. But your opinion is noted.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I disagree. But your opinion is noted.
I don't believe life is worth living without God. That's my honest opinion as well. What meaning replaces God as the goal and reward? Food, drugs, sex, alcohol, jokes, etc.... makes us same as animals.

It's harder to have empathy for humans if we are just animals as well. It becomes dog eats dog world.

"Who has you what does he lack? Who lacks you what does he have?" - Imam Hussain (a).

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I don't believe life is worth living without God.
I find this attitude defeatist, but respect it as your view.

I'm quite happy with the Kindreds of the Gods, Spirits and Ancestors.

But I find those that live without these things to have just a valid worldview and set of opinions then my own.

YoursTrue

I don't believe life is worth living without God. That's my honest opinion as well. What meaning replaces God as the goal and reward? Food, drugs, sex, alcohol, jokes, etc.... makes us same as animals.

It's harder to have empathy for humans if we are just animals as well. It becomes dog eats dog world.

"Who has you what does he lack? Who lacks you what does he have?" - Imam Hussain (a).
I did not always believe in God. And without God, life can be horrible. Meaning I did really know which direction I should follow. Nevertheless, either way -- when I did not believe in God, and later, when I did, I still did not want to die. Certainly there are those that commit suicide or do unspeakable awful things to others. Because they do not have a respect for life or care to go on with their lives.

YoursTrue

Regards
Adam and Eve had one restriction. There was not a set of laws, rules and regulations imposed on them as did later generations.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
So let me ask you this question, paarsurrey--do you think/believe that Jesus was born to Mary? I'd first have to understand your concept here, then maybe we can discuss other things.
19:20
He replied, ‘I am only a Messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a righteous son.’
19:35
Such was Jesus, son of Mary. This is a statement of the truth about which they doubt.https://www.alislam.org/quran/app/19:35
Right?

Regards
19:20 قَالَ اِنَّمَاۤ اَنَا رَسُوۡلُ رَبِّکِ ٭ۖ لِاَہَبَ لَکِ غُلٰمًا زَکِیًّا ﴿۲۰
19:35 ذٰلِکَ عِیۡسَی ابۡنُ مَرۡیَمَ ۚ قَوۡلَ الۡحَقِّ الَّذِیۡ فِیۡہِ یَمۡتَرُوۡنَ ﴿۳۵

YoursTrue

19:20
He replied, ‘I am only a Messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a righteous son.’
19:35
Such was Jesus, son of Mary. This is a statement of the truth about which they doubt.https://www.alislam.org/quran/app/19:35
Right?

Regards
19:20 قَالَ اِنَّمَاۤ اَنَا رَسُوۡلُ رَبِّکِ ٭ۖ لِاَہَبَ لَکِ غُلٰمًا زَکِیًّا ﴿۲۰
19:35 ذٰلِکَ عِیۡسَی ابۡنُ مَرۡیَمَ ۚ قَوۡلَ الۡحَقِّ الَّذِیۡ فِیۡہِ یَمۡتَرُوۡنَ ﴿۳۵
(I won't express what I think...maybe one day you'll learn it...but it's ok, God alone is the one that can open a person's mind. Take care. Thank you for your response.)

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I did not always believe in God. And without God, life can be horrible. Meaning I did really know which direction I should follow. Nevertheless, either way -- when I did not believe in God, and later, when I did, I still did not want to die. Certainly there are those that commit suicide or do unspeakable awful things to others. Because they do not have a respect for life or care to go on with their lives.
To me life would be too evil without God. Evil people get away with crimes and oppression while oppressed suffer with no compensation. And more people meaning is an illusion without God. There is only pleasure and worldly ranks without God. Morality has no ranks or stages and even if it did, if it ends at death, it's not worth it.

The intention behind actions to me is way to evil, ugly, and monstruous without God, so I would not be able to live like that. Empathy can exist, but for what type of human? For pleasures and enjoyment only of a temporary type, not for a meaningful foreverness type value.

We can love humans, but without God, what is a human? No judgment do deeds, no value of ranks unseen morality wise, ethics are useful only for worldly goals, and there is no proximity to God, the chosen ones, the spiritual world is a delusion, and everything we seek in that regard would be vain.

I can't live like that.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I know religious people are absolutely convinced of some sort of afterlife but for me I am not convinced at all for me personally I feel like nothing will happen when I die now of course I don't know what happens but I just feel like nothing will happen anyway what are your thoughts on an afterlife ?
Interesting. Why do you feel that way? I am sorry if I am late and you have already given an explanation. You could respond if you wish.

firedragon

Veteran Member
If your morality is dependent on an afterlife you aren't moral to begin with.
Brother, that's an illogical statement. Just because someone says he is scared of being jailed so he will not steal does not mean he does not have an innate morality built in. He is just stating a fact.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Brother, that's an illogical statement. Just because someone says he is scared of being jailed so he will not steal does not mean he does not have an innate morality built in. He is just stating a fact.
I think we can be empathetic to a limited degree without God. Even that is somewhat vain, because, we empathize for humans to have experience of worldly pleasure and happiness which is not much meaning in the first place.

I'm saying our actions can't be moral in the sense that without God, actions are vain. Even empathy is a choice to make us feel better or others better, but without forever value, it's almost a vain act in itself.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member

The fact is, if fear is the reason you are moral. You're not moral.

Saying one is only doing something because they fear reprisal is illogical.

If your only reasoning for not doing something is "I might get caught" or "some deity will punish me", then you aren't a moral person to begin with.