• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If a gay or lesbien want to back normal?

Gay or Lesbien want to be partner to other gender .what they suppose to do ?

• Total voters

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I was responding to your characterization of sexuality as an "addiction." It is not that.
please can you explain again by more details , how you gay, and don't addicted to men and don't want women ?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
You have a sex drive yourself, do you not? Would you consider your particular orientation (whatever it is, I don't know and don't care) an addiction?

Or are you, perhaps, asexual? That is, lacking any real sex drive?
why you ask me , ask him ?
EDITED typo errors
i attracted only to female .

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
i addicted only to female .

There may be a language barrier disturbing our communication then.

In English, "addictions" are generally understood to be unhealthy compulsions.

A better word for the healthy drive to connect with others for affective or sexual reasons might be "attraction".

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Do you consider yourself a moderate Muslim in your country, Godobeyer? I'm interested to know.
seems my reply are more interesting than 10th Penguin.
Islam is also rejected by most religions.

In Algeria and Egypt your country we don't have gay sex marriage . so me and my country are not moderate ?

even in West is not allowed in some countries .

did you considere my opinion is provoke ?!!!

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
There may be a language barrier disturbing our communication then.

In English, "addictions" are generally understood to be unhealthy compulsions.

A better word for the healthy drive to connect with others for affective or sexual reasons might be "attraction".
thanks for correct me

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
seems my reply are more interesting than 10th Penguin.

In Algeria and Egypt your country we don't have gay sex marriage . so me and my country are not moderate ?

No, they are not.

Most (if not all) developed countries in Europe allow it. Canada allows it as well.

The U.S. is a bit behind, but it has taken steps toward allowing it too.

You still didn't answer my question: do you consider yourself a moderate Muslim, and do people who know you in person consider you religiously moderate?

Reactions: gsa

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
so how your girl succed to be normal ? what she get medical for exemple ?

Don't call her "my girl". She is not my property, she is a fully autonomous human being.

Why be "normal"? Like I keep saying, the very concept is an artificial construct, fit only to be discarded so that acceptance of diversity can happen.

EDITED typo errors
i attracted only to female .

I'm asking YOU, because I'm talking about YOU. Not the video guy.

You are heterosexual, then. That's fine, so am I. But it's not any more "normal" than homosexuality, bisexuality, asexuality, pansexuality...

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Apparently not.

Unfortunately.

did you considere my opinion is provoke ?!!!
You're talking about making people suffer to satisfy your religious taboos. You tell me: should I feel provoked?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Do people kill their own children if they find out they're gay? If not, what do they usually do, or what are some common things? I'm curious as to how far this goes.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
No, they are not.
that's your opinion .

Most (if not all) developed countries in Europe allow it. Canada allows it as well.

The U.S. is a bit behind, but it has taken steps toward allowing it too.
how about Russia and Japan and China , and south America , Vatican , do you have info about ?
I notice that you said "developed countries in Europe .
do you mean US is behind "not developed " country ? because all states not allowed gay marriage ?

You still didn't answer my question: do you consider yourself a moderate Muslim, and do people who know you in person consider you religiously moderate?
should i accept gay marriege to be moderate Muslim ?
gay marriage or homosexual is not in line about moderate or not .

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
how about Russia and Japan and China , and south America , Vatican , do you have info about ?
I notice that you said "developed countries in Europe .
do you mean US is behind "not developed " country ? because all states not allowed gay marriage ?

There are a lot of countries that still haven't legalized same-sex marriage, unfortunately. Hopefully they will in the future, because equal rights for people should be the basis for any developed country.

The U.S. is behind many countries in terms of equality, yes. It is catching up to them though, which can't be said for a lot of other countries.

That's informative (and what I expected, too).

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: gsa

gsa

Can you be a moderate Muslim and oppose criminal punishment for homosexuality, in your view?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Do people kill their own children if they find out they're gay? If not, what do they usually do, or what are some common things? I'm curious as to how far this goes.

Excellent question. Are you asking about Muslim cultures specifically?

Here in Brazil (a basically Christian culture, with strong Catholic and Protestant influences) there are those who simply accept it and give full support, there are those who pretend not to have noticed or understood, there are those who avoid contact altogether and attempt to create situations which make it difficult for the matter to be raised.

And yes, there are those who insist on violent disapproval of their own offspring due to their homosexuality. It is unusual, but definitely not unheard of, for that to escalate all the way up to physical violence and even murder.

As a sidenote, male homosexuality is all but assumed to happen, almost automatically, in our prisons. It seems to be involved in some sort of establishment of boundaries and power hierarchies.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
No you should not provoked by my opinion.

Why not? You're basically saying that certain people are inherently "wrong" just in their nature, and that they need "fixing". How is that not provoking? How would you feel if you were told that being a Middle-Easterner was "abnormal"?

...by the way, being "provoking" isn't an inherently bad thing. It can be a very good thing in many situations.