• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Israel Stopped Occupying The West Bank Would There Be Peace Between The Jews And Arabs?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I asked a reasonable question and you responded with a false slur towards me, not a good look for you :(

And for those reading this, I am a huge critic of Islam, I do not hate Muslims or Arabs. Being an Islamist is a choice that any person can choose to follow or not. If you choose to be an Islamist, you're fighting against western secular society and you deserve the criticisms you get.
It's because I've known you for years and I know how you are. I've tried discussing things with you and it always goes nowhere. You are already trying to limit the conversation by branding the ICJ and UN "questionable authorities", so you can dismiss what I say. I'm not going to play your stupid game. I don't give a damn what it looks like to the peanut gallery who aren't aware of how you operate. You're already rambling about "Islamism", which is irrelevant.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Islamists for the most part just want a non-secular society in Arab countries, which is pretty bad in and of itself but they’re not looking to overthrow the west or non Arab countries.
If you do a little searching on polls of Muslims in Europe, a large percentage of them do in fact want to bring Sharia to their host country.

icehorse

Premium Member
It's because I've known you for years and I know how you are. I've tried discussing things with you and it always goes nowhere. You are already trying to limit the conversation by branding the ICJ and UN "questionable authorities", so you can dismiss what I say. I'm not going to play your stupid game. I don't give a damn what it looks like to the peanut gallery who aren't aware of how you operate. You're already rambling about "Islamism", which is irrelevant.

It's common on RF for people to base their arguments on the well known "appeal to authority" fallacy. Given that this is a debate forum, it strikes me to be more in the spirit if the forum to debate using facts and logic, and not fallacies. ;)

As for Islamists being irrelevant, hmmm, Hamas ARE Islamists, seems relevant to me :)

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's common on RF for people to base their arguments on the well known "appeal to authority" fallacy. Given that this is a debate forum, it strikes me to be more in the spirit if the forum to debate using facts and logic, and not fallacies. ;)

As for Islamists being irrelevant, hmmm, Hamas ARE Islamists, seems relevant to me :)
Uh huh. Bye.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
If you do a little searching on polls of Muslims in Europe, a large percentage of them do in fact want to bring Sharia to their host country.
Here’s a a quote from the link you shared earlier in this thread about that poll. It said “But many supporters of sharia say it should apply only to their country’s Muslim population”. So there’s no worry there.

icehorse

Premium Member
Here’s a a quote from the link you shared earlier in this thread about that poll. It said “But many supporters of sharia say it should apply only to their country’s Muslim population”. So there’s no worry there.
Well "many" is very vague, correct? How many is "many"? What percentage? Again, look for polls of Muslims living in Europe and how many want to spread Sharia. So what percentage of Sharia-loving immigrants is acceptable? In the US, attempts to spread Sharia instantly run afoul of the constitution.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
Well "many" is very vague, correct? How many is "many"? What percentage? Again, look for polls of Muslims living in Europe and how many want to spread Sharia. So what percentage of Sharia-loving immigrants is acceptable? In the US, attempts to spread Sharia instantly run afoul of the constitution.
Yeah, I don’t think they’re looking to take over Europe, china, russia and the United States. They’re not that naive.

icehorse

Premium Member
What book is that? The Quran? Yes. Most Muslims want peace though. Not to take over the world. They’re not that naive or unrealistic.
Hundreds of millions of Muslims want to spread Sharia. Of course that could be done peacefully, but historically that has not been a peaceful process. And historically, when Muslims represent a significant percentage of a population, they do not take kindly to the idea of "multiculturalism".

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
Hundreds of millions of Muslims want to spread Sharia. Of course that could be done peacefully, but historically that has not been a peaceful process. And historically, when Muslims represent a significant percentage of a population, they do not take kindly to the idea of "multiculturalism".
I think they’re very aware that there’s other walks of life on the Earth and that respecting that would serve them well. You’re entitled to believe otherwise of course.

icehorse

Premium Member
I think they’re very aware that there’s other walks of life on the Earth and that respecting that would serve them well. You’re entitled to believe otherwise of course.
that's not how Islam works. I think you are imagining that Muslims think the way that westerners think, and that's simply not the case.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
that's not how Islam works. I think you are imagining that Muslims think the way that westerners think, and that's simply not the case.

Do you honestly believe that anyone in their right mind would consider it credible that you are some resident expert on how "Muslims think"?