• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus was God, explain this verse...

Shermana

Heretic
Well then, I guess Psalms contradicts with Genesis since it clearly implies Man HAS a soul.

Your move.

By the way, I have asked God what he wants. You obviously haven't.

Benoni

Did uyou even read the verse I posted in 420??

the last Adam was made a quickening spirit

Notice God's Word not my bias opinion declares the Last Adam was "made" a quickening (life given) "SPIRIT".

Shermana

Heretic
Did uyou even read the verse I posted in 420??

the last Adam was made a quickening spirit

Notice God's Word not my bias opinion declares the Last Adam was "made" a quickening (life given) "SPIRIT".

Matthew 26:38

New International Version
Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me."

Let me repeat that for you:

New International Version
Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me."

So as we can clearly see, Jesus himself says he has a soul.

Checkmate.

Game.

Done.

Sit down.

Benoni

Ok. Checkmate.
I admit I was wrong can you?

1 Corinthians 15:45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit

Benoni

I do not have that nonsense you posted from the declaration from your religion that Jesus is some type of soul man.

Benoni

Yes, he was "made", indeed, that means he was created.

God's intentions before Adam was to have the lamb stain from the foundation of the earth. So yes I am sure Jesus had a beginning but that does not take the fact away that He is also the mighty God the everlasting Father. Jesus and the Father are one. Not two. not a soul but made a spirtual man.

Shermana

Heretic
God's intentions before Adam was to have the lamb stain from the foundation of the earth. So yes I am sure Jesus had a beginning but that does not take the fact away that He is also the mighty God the everlasting Father. Jesus and the Father are one. Not two. not a soul but made a spirtual man.

Sigh, you're a KJV-onlyist aren't you.

(And even then, the KJV version is simply using language of the time in more Germanic-style grammar to say the same thing)

What's from the "Foundation of the world" was the Book of Life.

NET Bible
and all those who live on the earth will worship the beast, everyone whose name has not been written since the foundation of the world in the book of life belonging to the Lamb who was killed.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
All those who live on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name was not written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slaughtered.

New American Standard Bible
All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.

Even the NLT acknowledges this.

New Living Translation
And all the people who belong to this world worshiped the beast. They are the ones whose names were not written in the Book of Life before the world was made--the Book that belongs to the Lamb who was slaughtered.

Benoni

I just showed you that Jesus himself says he has a soul! You even admitted you were wrong. What is with you?
Nothing. You still do not give it here it is in context:

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit

Notice the last Adam was NOT made a living soul.. BUT aquickening spirit.

Benoni

Sigh, you're a KJV-onlyist aren't you.

What's from the "Foundation of the world" was the Book of Life.

NET Bible
and all those who live on the earth will worship the beast, everyone whose name has not been written since the foundation of the world in the book of life belonging to the Lamb who was killed.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
All those who live on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name was not written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slaughtered.

New American Standard Bible
All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.

Even the NLT acknowledges this.

New Living Translation
And all the people who belong to this world worshiped the beast. They are the ones whose names were not written in the Book of Life before the world was made--the Book that belongs to the Lamb who was slaughtered.

NO.

1 Peter 1:19but with the precious blood of Christ,
as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He
indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world,
but was manifest in these last times for you 21who through Him
believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory,
so that your faith and hope are in God.

Revelation 13:8
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him,
whose names are not written in the book of life of the
Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Shermana

Heretic
He is also the mighty God the everlasting Father.

And you also need to be schooled on what exactly Isaiah 9:6 means.

These Trinitarian rabbit-holes seriously need some delousing.

The Trinity Delusion: Isaiah 9:6

The very early (ca. 160 A.D.) Christian Justin Martyr quoted Is. 9:6 also as "The Angel of mighty counsel" - "Dialogue With Trypho," ch. LXXVI.

Instead of "Mighty God," Dr. James Moffatt translated this part of Is. 9:6 as "a divine hero;" Byington has "Divine Champion;" The New English Bible has "In Battle Godlike;" The Catholic New American Bible (1970 and 1991 revision) renders it "God-Hero;" and the REB says "Mighty Hero." Even that most-respected of Biblical Hebrew language experts, Gesenius, translated it "mighty hero" - p. 45, Gesenius' Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon.

Also, The NIV Study Bible, in a f.n. for Ps 45:6, tells us:

"In this psalm, which praises the king and especially extols his `splendor and majesty' (v. 3), it is not unthinkable that he was called `god' as a title of honor [cf. Isa 9:6]." (Bracketed information included in original footnote. )

Shermana

Heretic
NO.

1 Peter 1:19but with the precious blood of Christ,
as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He
indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world,
but was manifest in these last times for you 21who through Him
believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory,
so that your faith and hope are in God.

Revelation 13:8
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him,
whose names are not written in the book of life of the
Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Foreordained is quite different than being slaughtered.

I appreciate you repeating a version you like best as opposed to the versions I presented, but the fact is the same, even in your version the concept is similar.

Benoni

And you also need to be schooled on what exactly Isaiah 9:6 means.

These Trinitarian rabbit-holes seriously need some delousing.

The Trinity Delusion: Isaiah 9:6

I am not a Trinitarian and I know Trinitarian do not like this verse. Monotheist does. Is everything a rabbit hole in God’s word when you do not agree with it?
You still have not acknowledge that Jesus was made a quicking spirit not a carnal soul

Benoni

Foreordained is quite different than being slaughtered.

I appreciate you repeating a version you like best as opposed to the versions I presented, but the fact is the same, even in your version the concept is similar.
What do you think what was suppose to happen to the "lamb" of God ?

Yes he was Foreordained to be slaughtered. Lambs are slaughtered in the OT law. Wow???

I do not get hung up with versions they all have errors. It is the Holy Spirit that is Devine not the Bible.