• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus was God, explain this verse...

Shermana

Heretic

Has nothing to do with logic, it is called context.

Gen 1:26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
God is a spirit and when God created Adam on the sixth day, he was created in God’s image and likeness; which is spirit.

Genesis 2: 2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Gen. 2:7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Context…Context.

It was the seventh day, God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Notice 6th day created God’s image.

7th day formed from the dust of the ground and be became a living soul. Two days formed and created, spirit and soul.

God lowered Adam from a pure spiritual being on the seventh day to a being formed from the dust of the earth and a living soul.

I love when people tell ME about context and then do nothing to prove that their own idea of context is right. You have in no way or shape or form demonstrated it.

I'm always quick to tell people they have the context wrong, trust me.

And you have not proven your context in any way by citing those verses.

Or addressed the issue of the age-old controversy of Genesis 1 and 2.

Or addressed the actual issue at stake that woman was created physically after day 6 in your view.

Benoni

Oh boy, you are really caught up in your own beliefs as if they're matter of fact and not hugely contentious issues that have divided the top minds of Christiandom for years.

The idea that Gehenna was just a "Garbage dump" is basically a modern revisionist myth.

Feel free to see this thread, and answer the questions. No one really has been able to so far.

http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...653-gen-hinnom-gehenna-just-garbage-dump.html

With that said, you're not really addressing the fact that Body and Soul are said to be destroyed even after death.

Not at all Gehenna was the garbage dumb outside of Jersalem a place of burning.

Ecclesiastes 12: 7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

But not the Spirit. 1 Peter 3
18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.
He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19through whom[1] also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days
of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,
Jesus when and preached to the prisoners that were disobiedient. What did he preach?? You are going to be damned,
condemned??? That was never hais nature. He is a savior not a monster.
How about the good news.

Shermana

Heretic
Do you really think when God rest He is sleeping???

Where did I say he sleeps? What's that got to do with it?

Are you just continuously deflecting from the fact that your own logic contradicts itself because it says woman was created before day 7?

Benoni

I love when people tell ME about context and then do nothing to prove that their own idea of context is right. You have in no way or shape or form demonstrated it.

I'm always quick to tell people they have the context wrong, trust me.

And you have not proven your context in any way by citing those verses.

Or addressed the issue of the age-old controversy of Genesis 1 and 2.
All you are doing is complaiming and do not address these verses as if they were never written. They were written this way for a purpose which you do not see nor care to.

Shermana

Heretic
Not at all Gehenna was the garbage dumb outside of Jersalem a place of burning.

Ecclesiastes 12: 7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

But not the Spirit. 1 Peter 3
18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.
He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19through whom[1] also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days
of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,
Jesus when and preached to the prisoners that were disobiedient. What did he preach?? You are going to be damned,
condemned??? That was never hais nature. He is a savior not a monster.
How about the good news.

Is that supposed to somehow address what I said or the thread I made on the topic that nobody dared to try to disprove?

Shermana

Heretic
All you are doing is complaiming and do not address these verses as if they were never written. They were written this way for a purpose which you do not see nor care to.

Are you serious?

You are deflecting every single time from the simple point. What's there to address?

Your own logic says that woman was made after day 7, but it says woman was made in day 6.

Stop deflecting!!

Benoni

Okay, that's a nice way of admitting that you cannot back your own argument and that you don't want to accept when you've been proven wrong.

Thank you.
So seven days in a contextual format is not context? Do you make this up as you go?

Shermana

Heretic
So seven days in a contextual format is not context? Do you make this up as you go?

Are you even remotely interested in addressing what I said about how your view indicates that Woman was NOT created on day 6 or are you only interested in further deflection and further embarassment?

Benoni

Are you serious?

You are deflecting every single time from the simple point. What's there to address?

Your own logic says that woman was made after day 7, but it says woman was made in day 6.

Stop deflecting!!
Adam and Eve were first created on the 6th day.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God lowered Adam to the realm of soul and flesh on the 7th day so God could set him up to fall.

It was all planned by God, God had a savior before He had a sinner. For the lamb was slain from the foundation of the world.

Benoni

So you could care less about what the scripture says when it proves you wrong.

Thank you.
you are twisting my words. Why should I care about mans soul when He has a spirit.

it is the spirit not the soul that returns to God who gave it.

Shermana

Heretic
you are twisting my words. Why should I care about mans soul when He has a spirit.

it is the spirit not the soul that returns to God who gave it.

Seriously?

Are you even trying at this point?

Or are you simply tailspinning after realizing you may not have this "Spirit of Truth" you think you had?

Shermana

Heretic
Adam and Eve were first created on the 6th day.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God lowered Adam to the realm of soul and flesh on the 7th day so God could set him up to fall.

It was all planned by God, God had a savior before He had a sinner. For the lamb was slain from the foundation of the world.

So what you're saying is that Day 6 does not actually indicate a physical creation, right?

Benoni

So what you're saying is that Day 6 does not actually indicate a physical creation, right?
I mean yes. God is a Spirit This shows us where are spirit was created in His image and likeness.

God formed man from the dust of the earth and made hima living soul. So we would fall.

Without a sinner there is no need for a savior

Romans 5:18-20 (Weymouth’s)

It follows then just as the result of a single transgression is a condemnation which to the whole race, so also is the result of a single degree of righteousness is a life giving acquittal which extends to the whole race. (19) for as thought the disobedience of one individual the mass of mankind were constituted as sinners, so also though the obedience of one, the mass of mankind will be constituted righteous. Now law was brought in later on so that the transgression might increase, but sin increased, grace is overflowed.

1 Corinthians 15:22-24

22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Last edited:

Shermana

Heretic
I mean yes. God is a Spirit This shows us where are spirit was created in His image and likeness.

God formed man from the dust of the earth and made hima living soul. So we would fall.

Without a sinner there is no need for a savior

Romans 5:18-20 (Weymouth’s)

It follows then just as the result of a single transgression is a condemnation which to the whole race, so also is the result of a single degree of righteousness is a life giving acquittal which extends to the whole race. (19) for as thought the disobedience of one individual the mass of mankind were constituted as sinners, so also though the obedience of one, the mass of mankind will be constituted righteous. Now law was brought in later on so that the transgression might increase, but sin increased, grace is overflowed.

1 Corinthians 15:22-24

22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

So on Day 6, when he said "Be fruitful and multiply", they didn't actually have bodies to multiply with yet.

Interesting.

Any scholars, websites, or books that agree with this opinion or is this all you?

And by the way, all your attempts to prove that God purposely makes mankind fail was a big fat fail.