• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus was God, explain this verse...

Benoni

So on Day 6, when he said "Be fruitful and multiply", they didn't actually have bodies to multiply with yet.

Interesting.

Any scholars, websites, or books that agree with this opinion or is this all you?

And by the way, all your attempts to prove that God purposely makes mankind fail was a big fat fail.
Genesis does not address this. But it looks like you are right.

It is the Holy Spirit not human carnal scholars that lead and guide us into all truth.

Well if this is true then how about addressing the three of four verses I posted instead of just giving me you religious bias opinion.

Shermana

Heretic
Genesis does not address this. But it looks like you are right.

It is the Holy Spirit not human carnal scholars that lead and guide us into all truth.

Well if this is true then how about addressing the three of four verses I posted instead of just giving me you religious bias opinion.

What's there to address exactly? Once again, you agree that I'm right yet you still resist. What part of those verses am I supposed to address exactly?

Benoni

What's there to address exactly? Once again, you agree that I'm right yet you still resist. What part of those verses am I supposed to address exactly?
Let us start with Ps. 90:1-3. "Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You have formed the earth or the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. You (God) turn man to destruction; and say return you children of men.
Starting with "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You have formed the earth or the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. You turn man to destruction; and say return you children of men."

Notice the time frame: Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You have formed the earth or the world, even from everlasting to everlasting.

Subject: God. You

Action: turn man to destruction

Promise: return you children of men

Shermana

Heretic
Let us start with Ps. 90:1-3. "Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You have formed the earth or the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. You (God) turn man to destruction; and say return you children of men.
Starting with "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You have formed the earth or the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. You turn man to destruction; and say return you children of men."

Notice the time frame: Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You have formed the earth or the world, even from everlasting to everlasting.

Subject: God. You

Action: turn man to destruction

Promise: return you children of men

Again, you're simply not translating it correctly. Context, context!

New International Version
You turn people back to dust, saying, "Return to dust, you mortals."

New Living Translation
You turn people back to dust, saying, "Return to dust, you mortals!"

English Standard Version
You return man to dust and say, “Return, O children of man!”

New American Standard Bible
You turn man back into dust And say, "Return, O children of men."

Holman Christian Standard Bible
You return mankind to the dust, saying, "Return, descendants of Adam."

International Standard Version
You return people to dust merely by saying, "Return, you mortals!"

NET Bible
You make mankind return to the dust, and say, "Return, O people!"

GOD'S WORD® Translation
You turn mortals back into dust and say, "Return, descendants of Adam."

As you can see, it has nothing to do with deliberately causing man to sin. It's not about "Turning them towards destruction", it's about returning them to dust when they die. That's it.

I'm getting the impression you're a King James Onlyist and have never heard of looking up other translations, especially considering your blatant contempt for scholarship.

There's probably a reason you refuse each time to link to a single person who agrees with you.

Last edited:

Benoni

Again, you're simply not translating it correctly. Context, context!

I'm getting the impression you're a King James Onlyist and have never heard of looking up other translations, especially considering your blatant contempt for scholarship.
And your point?
It was God who caused the fall not little Adam.
turn man to destruction or dust it was God.

Shermana

Heretic
So what is your claim and please chapter and verse?

Sigh.

You're the one making a claim.

The only claim I'm making in this case is that your claim that God set man up deliberately to fail is wrong.

Everything I've posted has been showing to you that you don't have this "Spirit of Truth" you think you have by debunking each attempt you've tried to prove.

Benoni

Sigh.

You're the one making a claim.

The only claim I'm making in this case is that your claim that God set man up deliberately to fail is wrong.

Everything I've posted has been showing to you that you don't have this "Spirit of Truth" you think you have by debunking each attempt you've tried to prove.
You have debunked nothing in this scritural fact. What you are saying is you have debunk my claim but you have no claim or belief in the fall of Adam? Then why are you trying to debunk something you have no foundation in?

Who turned man to dust/destruction?

Last edited:

Shermana

Heretic
You have debunked nothing in this scritural fact. What you are saying is you have debunk my claim but you have no claim or belief in the fall of Adam? Then why are you trying to debunk something you have no foundation in?

Who turned man to dust/destruction?

Denial ain't just a river in the land of Egypt.

Shermana

Heretic
You cannot even own up to your own belief because there is no scriptural reference only your bias do you have any foundation. You are the one in denial.

I've demonstrated each and every time. You've said I was right each time.

I don't know what you're on, but I think your ego is getting in the way of rational thought. Not to mention your own bias.

Please, stop using the word bias. I admit I have a bias. But you most definitely have yours, and it prevents you from even acknowledging the existence of other valid interpretations.

Benoni

I've demonstrated each and every time. You've said I was right each time.

I don't know what you're on, but I think your ego is getting in the way of rational thought. Not to mention your own bias.

Please, stop using the word bias. I admit I have a bias. But you most definitely have yours, and it prevents you from even acknowledging the existence of other valid interpretations.
This is not a debate because you have nothing to say.

You claim I am wrong but you have nothing to replace the claims I use God's Word to show you.

Your translation is no different or superior from mine yet that is all you have.

I am sure with all the different translations out there you can debunk anything including the truth. So if you have a foundation in something other then your bias chapter and verse please.

Shermana

Heretic
This is not a debate because you have nothing to say.

You claim I am wrong but you have nothing to replace the claims I use God's Word to show you.

Your translation is no different or superior from mine yet that is all you have.

I am sure with all the different translations out there you can debunk anything including the truth. So if you have a foundation in something other then your bias chapter and verse please.

It is you who has nothing to say.

You have said I am right each time that I've disproven you.

I just disproved you again that you're not translating it correctly.

I'm not here to discuss the foundation of my beliefs. I'm here to discuss the thread topic and whatever tangent you threw in that I thoroughly debunked.

You're just tailspinning out of control because your ego has had a terrible bruising. It must be terrible to realize you've been deluding yourself into believing you've had the "Spirit of Truth" guiding you this whole time.

Shermana

Heretic
At least I have something I believe in and can stand on it.

I have something I believe in too, and I can stand on it very effectively too.

The difference is, you can't stand on it. You resort to nonstop fallacies if not outright distortions and ignoring legitimate counterviews as if they don't even exist. You simply don't know when you've been beat, and you pretend you've won when you haven't even gotten a single hit in!

Unfortunately, this is how nearly all Christians act in one way or another from my experiences. Each one thinking the Spirit has guided them to their contradicting beliefs and avoiding and condemning the concept of scholarly and manuscript evidence, demanding explicit scriptural ("canonical") references to counterviews (Which I usually do provide) and rejecting extrascriptural literature because it's "Not inspired" and only the canonical writings count or something, assuming they're even able to read their own scriptures correctly. And they all always have some unique view that no one else shares anywhere, which of course they can't be bothered to actually back up.

Benoni

I have something I believe in too, and I can stand on it very effectively too.

The difference is, you can't stand on it. You resort to nonstop fallacies if not outright distortions and ignoring legitimate counterviews as if they don't even exist. You simply don't know when you've been beat, and you pretend you've won when you haven't even gotten a single hit in!

Unfortunately, this is how nearly all Christians act in one way or another from my experiences.
Your spinning because you have no message. All you can do is point fingers.