• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus was God, explain this verse...

SheikhHorusFromTheSky

मैत्रावरुणिः;3422509 said:
Namaste,

Listen, New Ager....stop using our Hindu terminology for your benefit!

Wanna bet that you can't even pronounce the terms कुण्डलिनी and चक्र ....?

Also, please don't mock Lord Shiva by using the Third Eye for material aspirations!

M.V.

Do I believe in crystal beings, starseeds, and other ridiculous and over-the-top ideas from the New Age, which is watered-down 19th-20th century Theosophy?

I'm a Sufi, a Moorish Scientist, a 5%-er, and Dark Metaphysician all together. I learn everything and incorporate it into my spirituality. No need to get angry.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Do I believe in crystal beings, starseeds, and other ridiculous and over-the-top ideas from the New Age, which is watered-down 19th-20th century Theosophy?

I'm a Sufi, a Moorish Scientist, a 5%-er, and Dark Metaphysician all together. I learn everything and incorporate it into my spirituality. No need to get angry.

Namaste,

I wasn't angry, brahhhhhhh. Just teasing, brahhhhhhhh.

M.V.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
There is no "Q Sayings".
They're printed right there in Matthew and Luke.
If so, then why is there no mention of it in any Ancient accounts?
Rate of literacy and the fact that the Q sayings were likely orally passed down and not written is a good place to start.
Furthermore, why have people still yet to find it?
They have. It's embedded in Matthew and Luke.
Even if the gospels existed in the first century, then tell me why didn't they appear during the supposed time of Hey-Zeus?
Given such a culture, why would they?
But the fact remains that there are written accounts from that time period that talk about Jesus, so your opinion that "Rome created Jesus" is simply... wrong. Period.

sojourner

You consider yourself a mystic? And you have such a narrow perspective as this? You don't sound like a mystic based on this level or rhetoric your spouting.
Indeed. This cuts to the chase.

SheikhHorusFromTheSky

They're printed right there in Matthew and Luke.

Rate of literacy and the fact that the Q sayings were likely orally passed down and not written is a good place to start.

They have. It's embedded in Matthew and Luke.

Given such a culture, why would they?
But the fact remains that there are written accounts from that time period that talk about Jesus, so your opinion that "Rome created Jesus" is simply... wrong. Period.

The only "proof" you have shown me are questionable texts, like the Bible. Oh, and tons of ************ and conjecture. LOL!

sojourner

The only "proof" you have shown me are questionable texts, like the Bible. Oh, and tons of ************ and conjecture. LOL!
The relative dates of the texts are neither "questionable" nor "conjecture." They all appear earlier than Rome as a Christian superpower.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Well, well, well. So you agree that is contains contradictions.

Yes it does make it illegitimate. In fact, it's nothing but **** from a toliet that everyone's forced to eat by their master Gawd (as in Gad, the fortune deity).

Namaste,

That type of discourse will get you nowhere. RF is about class...come on, bro. Show some respect, por favor.

M.V.

SheikhHorusFromTheSky

मैत्रावरुणिः;3422532 said:
Namaste,

That type of discourse will get you nowhere. RF is about class...come on, bro. Show some respect, por favor.

M.V.

Sorry about that.

gzusfrk

Christian
Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

If Jesus was God, why was he tempted by the Devil? Can God be tempted by the Devil, his own creation?

Granted, he passed the test. But if he was God... Why was there a test in the first place? Does God need to test himself?

Are God and Jesus really one in the same? Please answer logically how this is possible given the verse above.
Jesus is not God, He is the Son of God, savior of mankind, He is the only way to the Father, no one gets to heaven but by Jesus, so for us humans He is God. He did pass the test, as you say which was'nt really a test, and made a way for the flesh which is sinful to enter heaven, To answer with logic is'nt logical , one must have faith. Jesus and the Father are one and the same in spirit.

SheikhHorusFromTheSky

Jesus is not God, He is the Son of God, savior of mankind, He is the only way to the Father, no one gets to heaven but by Jesus, so for us humans He is God. He did pass the test, as you say which was'nt really a test, and made a way for the flesh which is sinful to enter heaven, To answer with logic is'nt logical , one must have faith. Jesus and the Father are one and the same in spirit.

So let me get this straight - he's the Son of God yet is God?

Not trying to insult you, but you have to use your logic. See, this is the reason why there's so much ignorance and oppression; it's because people are too dumbed-down into believing in a deity who's up in the sky, when he's within us all. I'm sorry, but I'm not faith-based - I'm fact-based.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How you can you possibly be open to mystical insights when your mouth is running all over the place? You should be quite and ask questions, rather than thinking you have it all figured out.

gzusfrk

Christian
So let me get this straight - he's the Son of God yet is God?

Not trying to insult you, but you have to use your logic. See, this is the reason why there's so much ignorance and oppression; it's because people are too dumbed-down into believing in a deity who's up in the sky, when he's within us all. I'm sorry, but I'm not faith-based - I'm fact-based.
The New Testament say's " faith comes by hearing the Word of God". He is within you, but you must seek Him with all you heart, All of us became His children thru Jesus but some children don't listen to their parents they deny them and run away,some children become so bad their parents refuse to accept them as there own.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh yes, this story,

"A university professor went to visit a famous Zen master. While the master quietly served tea, the professor talked about Zen. The master poured the visitor's cup to the brim, and then kept pouring. The professor watched the overflowing cup until he could no longer restrain himself. "It's overfull! No more will go in!" the professor blurted. "You are like this cup," the master replied, "How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup."

sojourner

Well, well, well. So you agree that is contains contradictions.
Of course it does. I've never claimed otherwise.
Yes it does make it illegitimate.
How can a collection, whose intention it is to present us with a compendium of tradition, with cultural variations intact, be rendered "illegitimate" by contradictions inherent to the different cultures represented?

You seem to be placing false criteria upon the bible. That doesn't help your argument.
In fact, it's nothing but **** from a toliet that everyone's forced to eat by their master Gawd (as in Gad, the fortune deity).
Opinions vary. But you're not bitter or anything...