• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If money is the root of all evil.............

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
True for me also....money is a tool to achieve other goals.
But tools can be things of beauty & wonder.

I see tools as just that: tools. I prefer to laud the end result of the tool, not the tool itself.

To each his own. I can't imagine anything less interesting than video games, but that's just my lack of vision there.

Indeed. :D I see video gaming as the perfect form of art, combining the beauty of visual and audio art, beautiful and/or epic stories and character arcs, and intense interaction that constantly keeps the observer engaged.

Employees & contractors have little imagination regarding compensation.

I pay attention to bridge construction...I'm the type who reads books about bridges.

You may learn yet.

There is beauty in practical things. I could go on & on about the field of industrial design, but it's so often lost on the unfamiliar. The every day world around us is a fascinating & wonderful place for those of us who see it that way.

Then there's those of us who don't care too much for certain parts of it. I do see beauty and wonder in the world, but primarily in things that last. Money is not one of those things.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
In general, I agree with Riverwolf: what you can buy with money is the thing to value, not the money itself.

However, there is something to be said about the pontentiality of money: It can be anything! Once you buy something with it, it's lost it's flexibility. I'd prefer to have a nice cusiony savings account than a whole bunch of tvs or something like that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In general, I agree with Riverwolf: what you can buy with money is the thing to value, not the money itself.
I agree with him about this too. But that is to miss the entire point, ie, that money is not just little pieces of metal or paper....it is an elegant system of quantifying & transferring value.

However, there is something to be said about the pontentiality of money: It can be anything! Once you buy something with it, it's lost it's flexibility. I'd prefer to have a nice cusiony savings account than a whole bunch of tvs or something like that.
Now yer talk'n.

I see tools as just that: tools. I prefer to laud the end result of the tool, not the tool itself.
I guess you have no interest in seeing my collection of wrenches, tractors, machine tools, steam engines, anvils, etc, etc, etc, eh?

Last edited:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
6a01348747d991970c0133f5998b96970b-800wi

I'm just glad my money can fit in my pocketses.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I agree with him about this too. But that is to miss the entire point, ie, that money is not just little pieces of metal or paper....it is an elegant system of quantifying & transferring value.

If only that value could stay consistent.

I fail to see how money is not just paper and metal. What you're describing is economics: the support structures of the bridge, as it were. Personally, the only time I'm interested in economics is when I'm playing a strategy game: first time I played Monopoly, I dominated.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight

Now yer talk'n.

I guess you have no interest in seeing my collection of wrenches, tractors, machine tools, steam engines, anvils, etc, etc, etc, eh?

I thought you said wenches instead of wrenches at first. I was all, you're the revoltingest ever.....no? Not funny? Tired of punnage?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I thought you said wenches instead of wrenches at first. I was all, you're the revoltingest ever.....no? Not funny? Tired of punnage?
Mrs Rev would not approve of my collecting wenches.
Why would any sane man want more than one?

Last edited: