• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If there is a life after death.....

If there will be a life after Death....which one of the choices makes more sense:

• Our soul continues to live on, but we never get a physical body again

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Our soul comes back in another body, as in incarnation

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • There will be a physical Resurrection at the End, and we will come back to life

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters

Little Dragon

There's an interesting verse that says those who believe in the hereafter, believe in the Quran. You see it as people believing in the hereafter due to Quran or Bible.
Oh I am prepared to accept an afterlife is possible. Your myriad Gods though, I am not so sure about!

There is no wisdom apart from God ( no true wisdom). that is not an arrogant statement as some may perceive, if God is who he said he is, and yes per the Bible then IT IS TRUTH, not one's imagination. And anything outside of that is untrue.

You must agree there are certain truths in this world

Little Dragon

There is no wisdom apart from God ( no true wisdom). that is not an arrogant statement as some may perceive, if God is who he said he is, and yes per the Bible then IT IS TRUTH, not one's imagination. And anything outside of that is untrue.

You must agree there are certain truths in this world
Per the Bible...

Circular argument detected.

God is true because Bible
Bible is true because God

++++Error does not compute++++

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Per the Bible...

Circular argument detected.

God is true because Bible
Bible is true because God

++++Error does not compute++++

I don't believe the Bible contains absolute truth any more than I believe a tabloid magazine publishes absolute truth in its outlandish stories. If you're interested, you can read a couple of my previous posts about my personal views regarding the biblical God (read here) and Jesus Christ (read here).

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We've talked in the past about our respective spiritual beliefs, Link, so I respect yours because you've been respectful of mine. I'd like to say that I don't believe what I believe about the afterlife because of the Bible. I believe what I believe based on my years of experiencing supernatural phenomena. To be honest, I disregard what the Bible teaches about the afterlife because of these experiences. So I don't think that the Quran could convince me otherwise.
Do you believe exalted souls exist and if so, what role do they play in the spiritual journey?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh I am prepared to accept an afterlife is possible. Your myriad Gods though, I am not so sure about!
There being a god or an after life is not that useful of a belief because it doesn't guide. It's the personality of God and the type of afterlife, that we need to recognize and that will help us recognize the light within us and the exalted lights he has chosen.

I don't believe the Bible contains absolute truth any more than I believe a tabloid magazine publishes absolute truth in its outlandish stories. If you're interested, you can read a couple of my previous posts about my personal views regarding the biblical God (read here) and Jesus Christ (read here).
Hello Mr. Sgt Pepper,
In regard to the contradictions listed I only found one of the 101 that actually matters to our seeking to understand our responsibility in living for God, or Who God is. The others are simply recalling the same event or genealogy records, which by the way have been all used by the un-believer over centuries to claim what you are saying. But on the other hand it really points to the historical accuracy and honesty of Scripture. Historical Accuracy, not Literal accuracy, because in most instances where you mentioned the recorded accounts, they were written by different authors and anyone knows that you can take two different people who eye witness the same event and both seeing or (hearing) the same event and can, although still being accurate in the overall account, can have small insignicant differences that do not contradict the whole story or eye witness account, but can have small differences which seem to condradict one another

But to address the honesty of Scripture, if these were myths, fables as you accuse. Do you not understand these known (so-called contradictions) could have been corrected, not hundreds but thousands of years ago. Most of the sciptures noted are fom 2,500 to 3,500 years ago. New testament writings from 1,850 to 1,950 years ago. You, today, and others who think you just recently found these out, and have debunked the WORD OF GOD, by finding contractions. Don't you realize that these could have been easily changed way before you or our Great, Great, Great, etc. Grandparents were even born. The Godly men and women of every generation where the Word has been criticized in their time would have changed the contradictions, so that if atleast not then but today you and those who question it's accuracy would no longer be able to, because they would have been removed. The reason they haven't been removed, because then we would be changing the WORD OF GOD, as we accept and by Faith it believe it to be. No matter how insignicant it may be, the WORD WOULD STILL HAVE BEEN ALTERED. And we hold the Word to be God's truth! His account of creation, man's beginning, man's fall from what we were originally created to be, which was Made in the image of God, then God's curse on mankind and the earth, for OUR SIN, and then his redemptive plan to restore us back to Fellowship with him.

And Tell me please how any of these contradictions give us the wrong understanding of the Nature of God or his commandments and love towards us? How many tell us God is one way but then something else in another passage that contradicts his Nature and his love for us?

As I said I found one, that without a doubt can be confusing, and I copied it from the page you sent
Does every man sin?
Yes. There is no man who does not sin (I Kings 8:46; see also 2 Chronicles 6:36; Proverbs 20:9; Ecclesiastes 7:20; and I John 1:810)
No. True Christians cannot possibly sin, because they are the children of God. Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God.. (I John 5:1). We should be called children of God; and so we are (I John 3: 1). He who loves is born of God (I John 4:7). No one born of God commits sin; for Gods nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God (I John 3:9). But, then again, Yes! If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (I John 1:8)

I have said a whole lot already, if you would care for me to do so, I will explain the seemingly contradictive above question according to scriptures.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Do you believe exalted souls exist and if so, what role do they play in the spiritual journey?

In my experience as a psychic medium, there are spirit guides who assist human spirits in communicating with the living and crossing over into the spirit world. I've encountered and conversed with spirit guides that I would describe as angelic, as well as with human spirits that I perceived to have attained a higher plane of existence on the other side. I've often worked with both of these spirit guides when I've had difficulty understanding a spirit's message or convincing a lost and confused spirit to cross over. As a medium, I feel as though I have a spiritual connection with these spirit guides whenever I am with them and conversing with them. I feel as if I know them. It's similar to the feeling I get when I personally know a good friend. I trust my guides to help me.

Little Dragon

There being a god or an after life is not that useful of a belief because it doesn't guide. It's the personality of God and the type of afterlife, that we need to recognize and that will help us recognize the light within us and the exalted lights he has chosen.
Not sure what you mean. I know of no God, let alone it's personality. So as for the afterlife. I will listen to those that have experienced it. Not to those that have not. All due respect. ;)

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not sure what you mean. I know of no God, let alone it's personality. So as for the afterlife. I will listen to those that have experienced it. Not to those that have not. All due respect. ;)
What about the mystics who testify to experiencing God?

Little Dragon

What about the mystics who testify to experiencing God?
They may well be honest, in the relating of an experience they had. That does not mean, that their subjective perception can be relied upon as objective fact.
Or they could be dishonest. They could simply be making it up. Some of them certainly.
Either way, I cannot test their claims.

Read the Book of Revelation, John the Apostle said he was in the Spirit on the Lord Day and received all he wrote from an Angel of the Lord, and then Jesus Himself appeared to him.

Vs 1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They may well be honest, in the relating of an experience they had. That does not mean, that their subjective perception can be relied upon as objective fact.
Or they could be dishonest. They could simply be making it up. Some of them certainly.
Either way, I cannot test their claims.
So why doesn't this apply to the nature of afterlife to those who claim to experience it?

No. I say He didn't.
Your turn....
John 11:25
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

The Bible is the Only extensive account of his Teachings, his sayings. John, one of his disciples wrote the Book of John and claims to have received this first hand.

As with everything about Jesus Christ, faith is required. Once one puts their faith in Jesus and turns from their ways (beliefs). he will burn these truths into their heart, and they will begin to understand why Jesus came, why he died and why we need his forgiveness.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I liked the extracts of the Book of Revelation that I have read. I liked the dramatic themes and vivid descriptions.

In my opinion, the Book of Revelation is a fictitious story that shouldn't be taken seriously like the rest of the Bible. And in my opinion, reading the Bible is somewhat analogous to reading a collection of embellished fantasy stories that weren't well-written and weren't proofread before publication.