• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If there is a life after death.....

If there will be a life after Death....which one of the choices makes more sense:

• Our soul continues to live on, but we never get a physical body again

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Our soul comes back in another body, as in incarnation

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • There will be a physical Resurrection at the End, and we will come back to life

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Are you sure Beliefs can not be proven right or wrong? Have you even tried?
People can only have a personal opinion about religious beliefs. Whether they are right or wrong is only a personal opinion.
Beliefs cannot be proven true or false. If beliefs could be proven true or false they would be facts.

Fact: something that is known to have happened or to exist, especially something for which proof exists, or about which there is information:
fact

Bird123

I am not limited by my beliefs since I question what does not make sense to me and I only do what I choose to do.
Do you question your beliefs? It sure doesn't sound like you do.

I would not believe that there are any writings of any messengers addressed to me, so I cannot answer that question.
I also do not believe any messenger of God would ever give such instructions.
So then by doing nothing, you aren't jumping, Right?
If the only messages from God come through those messengers, isn't this the way it has to happen?

In one breath you say Messengers, Messengers are the only way. In the next breath you say the Messengers are wrong because it doesn't sound like God. Aren't you just picking what you want to hear? What do those Messengers tell you that you like so much?

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
God is Unconditional. One does not have to draw closer in order to end up in God's arms..
That's a pipe dream..
The further a person becomes involved in evil, the harder it is to get out.

..just stating "all will be well in the end", and taking no action, cannot save one
from destruction.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If the only messages from God come through those messengers, isn't this the way it has to happen?
Yes.
In one breath you say Messengers, Messengers are the only way. In the next breath you say the Messengers are wrong because it doesn't sound like God. Aren't you just picking what you want to hear?
No, I am just picking and choosing who I believe are Messengers.
What do those Messengers tell you that you like so much?
What I believe is not about what I like to hear. The Messengers say things I do not like.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1.A spiritual being has no physical body. On the other hand, a Spiritual being can be trapped in a physical body which will bind them to the physical laws that incorporate that physical body.
So, you say, a non-physical entity can be trapped into a physical situation. Thus, you say, we can trap non-physical entities for study in laboratory conditions, no? Why is no one doing this at present?
2. I suppose the only 100% sure test will be when one no longer has a physical body. On the other hand, one can choose to perceive what one wants to be. The will to limit's one's view is capable at any level.
So there's no test that will distinguish a "spiritual being" from an imaginary being. I think this is the point at which your observation that "one can choose to perceive what one wants to" comes into perspective.
If one is true to oneself along with the willingness to see what actually is, I find most people imagine very little. How about you?
It's my practice to distinguish the purely conceptual, the notional, the imaginary, from things that have objective existence.

Thus I'm particularly interested in your claim above that there's a cross-over point where "spiritual beings" can be checked out in the lab.

Bird123

You are obsessed about Beliefs yet that is all you have, since nothing you say is factual.

What is is what exists in reality. People interpret what they see in different ways so they have different opinions about reality.

How do you think they are going to Discover what is? What are they going to Discover?

What they actually are according to whom?

Do you seek Truth or are you happy with mere beliefs?
I am never going to be happy with mere Beliefs. That's why I always seek Truth.

What is is not according to anyone except the one seeking will Discover for themselves.

Everyone will Discover everything in time. The rate at Discovery will vary with the one who seeks, their will, and their current level and abilities.

Have I really said nothing factual? Must it fit in your box of beliefs to be factual? I speak from actual experience. I point to where one can Discover for themselves. I am not here trying to convince anyone to believe anything. I point to what is. Those who seek what is will have new directions and new possibilities to explore. Those hanging onto Belief that they like aren't going to do anything anyway.

Bird123

People can only have a personal opinion about religious beliefs. Whether they are right or wrong is only a personal opinion.
Beliefs cannot be proven true or false. If beliefs could be proven true or false they would be facts.

Fact: something that is known to have happened or to exist, especially something for which proof exists, or about which there is information:
fact
Don't you see? You don't even try to prove anything.

Bird123

That's a pipe dream..
The further a person becomes involved in evil, the harder it is to get out.

..just stating "all will be well in the end", and taking no action, cannot save one
from destruction.
Destruction? God has fixed it all ahead of time. We are all Eternal!!

So what you are telling me that you never made a bad choice then realized it was a bad choice which led you to make a better choice?

Each must choose for themselves what the best choices really are. No one can do this for you. People will continue to make that bad choice until they realize it is a bad choice. That's called Learning.

Life is about learning, growing, and advancing forward. One can attempt to take no action, however taking actions and making choices are what it's all about. Try as one might. Choices and actions will be done.

Bird123

Yes.

No, I am just picking and choosing who I believe are Messengers.

What I believe is not about what I like to hear. The Messengers say things I do not like.
So what is your choice? Jump off the bridge or disappoint God per your messengers. If it's not about what you want to hear. Why do you hesitate on this message from those messengers you claim come from God?

All in or all out? Maybe it's pick and choose!!

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Don't you see? You don't even try to prove anything.

While I can't speak for @Trailblazer, I think I know her well enough to say that her main concern is practicing her beliefs rather than attempting to prove them to others. You, on the other hand, seem fixated on preaching your beliefs and trying to convince others to follow your preferred brand of spirituality.

Bird123

So, you say, a non-physical entity can be trapped into a physical situation. Thus, you say, we can trap non-physical entities for study in laboratory conditions, no? Why is no one doing this at present?

So there's no test that will distinguish a "spiritual being" from an imaginary being. I think this is the point at which your observation that "one can choose to perceive what one wants to" comes into perspective.

It's my practice to distinguish the purely conceptual, the notional, the imaginary, from things that have objective existence.

Thus I'm particularly interested in your claim above that there's a cross-over point where "spiritual beings" can be checked out in the lab.
Mankind has limited knowledge and limited capabilities. For those who want to do research and attempt to Discover something, our Spiritual self is connected to our physical bodies in the brain. Perhaps, it can be determined if everything could be connected and ran from say 2 or 3 spots where everything could work. I know there are at least two connections and maybe a third but not sure about that third.

You are right. It would be an interesting study.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Mankind has limited knowledge and limited capabilities. For those who want to do research and attempt to Discover something, our Spiritual self is connected to our physical bodies in the brain. Perhaps, it can be determined if everything could be connected and ran from say 2 or 3 spots where everything could work. I know there are at least two connections and maybe a third but not sure about that third.

You are right. It would be an interesting study.
Unless and until we can objectively distinguish the supernatural from the purely conceptual / notional / imaginary, I see no future in such enquiries.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I am never going to be happy with mere Beliefs. That's why I always seek Truth.
All you have are Beliefs since nothing you state is a Fact.
If your beliefs are true then they are Truth.
If my religious beliefs are true then they are Truth.
What is is not according to anyone except the one seeking will Discover for themselves.
Everyone will Discover everything in time. The rate at Discovery will vary with the one who seeks, their will, and their current level and abilities.
Discover what? What is everything? How can anyone know that what they Discover is Truth?
Have I really said nothing factual? Must it fit in your box of beliefs to be factual? I speak from actual experience.
I do not tout my beliefs as being factual. They cannot be proven true so they are not facts.
You have said nothing factual. You made up a belief system called Discovery of What Is.

Everyone has actual experiences but they don't go around saying their experiences = What Is.
I point to where one can Discover for themselves.
Discover what? Discover what you have discovered which you believe is the Truth?
I am not here trying to convince anyone to believe anything. I point to what is. Those who seek what is will have new directions and new possibilities to explore. Those hanging onto Belief that they like aren't going to do anything anyway.
You hold onto a Belief System you like called 'Discovery of What Is' and you cannot even see that it is a Belief System.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So what is your choice? Jump off the bridge or disappoint God per your messengers. If it's not about what you want to hear. Why do you hesitate on this message from those messengers you claim come from God?
Your whole argument is based upon false premises.
No messenger ever told me to jump off a bridge so it is not a message from a Messenger of God.
Since no messenger ever said it, it cannot be something I don't want to hear.
All in or all out? Maybe it's pick and choose!!
I'm all in with what the Messengers actually say. I don't pick and choose.

Bird123

While I can't speak for @Trailblazer, I think I know her well enough to say that her main concern is practicing her beliefs rather than attempting to prove them to others. You, on the other hand, seem fixated on preaching your beliefs and trying to convince others to follow your preferred brand of spirituality.
I am simply stating what is. It has never been my attempt to control the actions and choices of others. When I question her I seek her thinking on how she makes the conclusions she does. When her Math does not add up, I want to know why.

If I tell you the sky is blue, I am not preaching to you that you must believe the sky is blue. I think you see what you want to see. You assume I am one who converts others to one's beliefs. I'm not dealing in beliefs. I place truth in the world. What anyone decides to do with truth is entirely up to them. Choosing is an important part of God's system. Choosing is far too important to allow anyone to do it for you.

I find it funny that my conversations with Trailblazer bothers you more than it bothers her. Has my answers to Trailblazer been bothering you. Why? Have I really made any demands at all? Any threats such as Hell? Have a spoke of any punishments? Have I said God won't love her? NO! I have simply placed the Truth out there.

I have been open and honest. I have explained much. Why are you bothered by me really???

Has trailblazer been preaching to me about messengers? Has she been trying to convert me? I would say we have been having an open conversation. I'm sure toes have been stepped on from both sides. On the other hand learning and growth come from interaction. I welcome anyone's comments with open arms. If others do not feel the same about me, it's simple. Do not reply.

People who seek do question. I will question rather than merely accept simply because I seek knowledge of all kind. What will I learn today?

You have all my Love and Kindness regardless of any choices you choose to make. Just like God, I'm Unconditional.

Bird123

I know that, but some people never learn .. or only want to learn how to be sly.
Do you really think one can go through life and learn nothing? Everybody learns something. Because others do not learn as quickly as you want them too, does not mean there is no learning going on. Remember, there is no time limit on learning.

Learning to be sly is ok. When actions return, one discovers others do not like those petty things mankind holds so dear knocking on their door. Those petty things mankind holds so dear will never bring the best results. This is something everyone will learn in time.

Bird123

Unless and until we can objectively distinguish the supernatural from the purely conceptual / notional / imaginary, I see no future in such enquiries.
Then you do not seek? Worry not. In time someone will.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Please Note: this question is based on assumption that there will be a life after Death
In the Bible all the people Jesus resurrected were brought back to healthy physical life on Earth.
Resurrected from death's deep sleep as brought out at John 11:11-14.
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach ' sleep ' in death ( Psalm 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5 )
So, just as there was No post-mortem penalty for Adam, No double jeopardy there is none for anyone else.
Enemy ' death ' will come to a final end - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26