• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you can't believe.....

do you?....or don't you?......believe

• Total voters

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There's very few things we're really certain of in this universe. A lot of our scientific theories will be obsolete in the future as it will be replaced with more convincing theories. I don't really think it's an impossible notion that there are possibly god-like cosmic entities that shape or help inhabitant of planets. None us will know the answer anytime soon so both sides should stop pretending to know they have the answer when they really don't anymore than the next person.

so we are all equally ignorant?

Not buying that.

Theweirdtophat

so we are all equally ignorant?

Not buying that.

You misunderstand me. We are all ignorant in some areas. For example. I'm ignorant when it comes to car mechanics when you might be ignorant in chemistry ect. But none of us should say "Yup it's true, there is no God" without having any evidence supporting it. I do find it hypocritical that atheists demand evidence of a god, yet they are exempt from providing evidence suggesting that there is no god in this universe. Unless they traveled all over the universe and beyond, they don't know the answer.

But it's kind of obvious that none of us have the real answers. Not until we move on to the afterlife and even then we may not get all of the answers/

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I will probably go on from here.
Not so sure about you......
You hope you will go on.
You have faith you will go on.
You believe you will go one.

Hell, you might even go on.

I prefer honesty over wishful thinking.
I have no idea if I will go on or not.

But then, I do not share your fear of death.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Not at all....just simply pointing out what I believe is the scheme of things.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.......
is a code of behavior.....and fair warning.

You are in control.....at least to what you take unto yourself.
I am not pressing anything.

You will end up alongside others like yourself.

Not worried...are you?
You just can't hear yourself can you, how judgmental you are, I have no fear of god, there is no heaven, I take my own responsibility in life, and need no fairy story god to show me how to live my life.

If there is such thing as heaven, yes, I would want to be with people like me, to be with people who think like you would be like living in hell, if there was such thing.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
You hope you will go on.

They just don't get it do they ?.

InChrist

Free4ever
How could we be "perfect" if we screwed up so badly so quickly? That's like an engineer who designs a car that's "perfect" until it's driven for 100 miles or so and then catastrophically breaks down. The engineer can point his finger all day long at the car itself or the person who drove it and blame them for the car not being "perfect" anymore. However, I would argue that the car was never perfect and any glaring defects with the car are the fault of its designers incompetence. Seriously, if someone designs/builds something that doesn't work as intended who is blamed? The builder or the creation?
I think you are missing one vital and important point with your car analogy. A human being designed in the image of God with a will and a mind is a creation vastly different than a mechanical creation, such as a car. A car may have flaws which are the result of mistakes of the engineer, but a human has it's own will and mind to make choices and impact his/her own life. So in answer to your question, unless God designed mechanical robots, which I don't believe is the case, I'd say the blame belongs to the human creation.

SkepticX

If you can't believe in what cannot be proven.....
What are you doing here in a religious forum?

Wishful thinking?.....in the hope no rational can present God?
Personally I find the psychology of belief fascinating, and the fallout has tremendous impact on humanity (and a great deal more of the biosphere). I can even imagine that progress in the way we perceive and deal with our beliefs and the religious aspects of our nature could be a huge step in human social development. This is why I find the fact that most believers in the West are re-defining "faith" to mean more or less the opposite of its traditional biblical meaning (or so it seems at least) so encouraging. So aside from the just my fascination with the psychology, I'm also very interested in encouraging that shift.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You hope you will go on.

I do not assume fear in another.
You might want to drop that.

You can't be sure what I fear.
and in the hour.....it's way you stand into that counts.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You just can't hear yourself can you, how judgmental you are, I have no fear of god, there is no heaven, I take my own responsibility in life, and need no fairy story god to show me how to live my life.

If there is such thing as heaven, yes, I would want to be with people like me, to be with people who think like you would be like living in hell, if there was such thing.

Line drawn.
Hope you CAN live on your side of the line.....

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
If you can't believe in what cannot be proven.....
What are you doing here in a religious forum?

Wishful thinking?.....in the hope no rational can present God?
I hang out here because I sometimes find posters to be rather stimulating. People like yourself, for example. I don't agree with everything you are given to discuss, but I quite like your overall sentiments. I don't really care what people think about their often tedious god concepts. :)