• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you can't believe.....

do you?....or don't you?......believe

• Total voters

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So you might be a Moran ?, ..........heaven, I am already there, its within didn't you know that ?.

ok...you got what it takes...inside of you...
Everybody does.

What then happens when you die?
you take it to the grave?
Eternal darkness is physically real.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
ok...you got what it takes...inside of you...
Everybody does.

What then happens when you die?
you take it to the grave?
Eternal darkness is physically real.
But you are judging me, you have no right to judge anyone who are going wherever. You have to listen to yourself, you are accusing everyone except yourself, maybe your the one who is going to be in for a big surprise. If there is such thing as heaven in the sky, I hope to be with like minded people as I am, that would be heaven to me, not where you are going where all are judgmental.

InChrist

Free4ever
In the same way that a lot of "believers" need to validate their position with a lot of sanctimonious finger-wagging.

Since "argument" is a more acceptable synonym for debate than preaching is, I'd say the latter are more at fault than the former.
I must admit your post is a very good come back and is true in some cases. Nevertheless, I think there is a difference between sanctimonious finger-pointing and biblical preaching which according the scriptures is sharing the truth and good news God desires everyone to hear. So I don't see that one who is sincere in their belief in Christ as having a need for validation by just sharing with others, yet skeptics often seems bent on arguing, debating, and preaching against such belief.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I must admit your post is a very good come back and is true in some cases. Nevertheless, I think there is a difference between sanctimonious finger-pointing and biblical preaching which according the scriptures is sharing the truth and good news God desires everyone to hear.

Not everyone seems to realize there's a difference, and a lot of people don't seem to care.

So I don't see that one who is sincere in their belief in Christ as having a need for validation by just sharing with others, yet skeptics often seems bent on arguing, debating, and preaching against such belief.

I don't think the first part of that sentence is a reasonable segue into the second part.

Jumi

Nevertheless, I think there is a difference between sanctimonious finger-pointing and biblical preaching which according the scriptures is sharing the truth and good news God desires everyone to hear.
What's so good about this news, that you're not good enough for the "father" as you are. That you are dirty and someone died a horrible death because you are faulty?

InChrist

Free4ever
What's so good about this news, that you're not good enough for the "father" as you are. That you are dirty and someone died a horrible death because you are faulty?
It doesn't sound as if you really understand the message of the scriptures. I don't know about you, but I'm well aware that I'm not perfect and would prefer not to live eternally in the state that I am. I think the news is great that God Himself provides a way to make me a new creation free from faults, selfishness, bad attitudes, pain, etc. to live in His state of perfect love, peace, and joy forever..

P.S. I really like your avatar picture.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
But you are judging me, you have no right to judge anyone who are going wherever. You have to listen to yourself, you are accusing everyone except yourself, maybe your the one who is going to be in for a big surprise. If there is such thing as heaven in the sky, I hope to be with like minded people as I am, that would be heaven to me, not where you are going where all are judgmental.

Not at all....just simply pointing out what I believe is the scheme of things.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.......
is a code of behavior.....and fair warning.

You are in control.....at least to what you take unto yourself.
I am not pressing anything.

You will end up alongside others like yourself.

Not worried...are you?

tkdrocks

Mellowing with Age
If you can't believe in what cannot be proven.....
What are you doing here in a religious forum?

Wishful thinking?.....in the hope no rational can present God?

I am hoping to do a solid for someone else like was done for me: Provide a rational view that overcomes superstition. The less blind superstition that we have in the world, the better it will be.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I am hoping to do a solid for someone else like was done for me: Provide a rational view that overcomes superstition. The less blind superstition that we have in the world, the better it will be.

I would substitute the word superstition with the word dogma.
Then I would agree.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Why substitute?
Why not add it with "and or"?

I view superstition as the cute little gestures people make trying to control the little things at hand.

Dogma is aimed at God and heaven.

I suppose your lack of faith resulted in a line drawn that you can't see.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I view superstition as the cute little gestures people make trying to control the little things at hand.

Dogma is aimed at God and heaven.

I suppose your lack of faith resulted in a line drawn that you can't see.
I view your dogmatic superstitions as a way of dealing with your fear of death.

Now comes your denial.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
I must admit your post is a very good come back and is true in some cases. Nevertheless, I think there is a difference between sanctimonious finger-pointing and biblical preaching which according the scriptures is sharing the truth and good news God desires everyone to hear. So I don't see that one who is sincere in their belief in Christ as having a need for validation by just sharing with others, yet skeptics often seems bent on arguing, debating, and preaching against such belief.

If God wanted everyone to hear, wouldn't it be easier for God to do something miraculous, or just show up and make himself known?

It doesn't sound as if you really understand the message of the scriptures. I don't know about you, but I'm well aware that I'm not perfect and would prefer not to live eternally in the state that I am. I think the news is great that God Himself provides a way to make me a new creation free from faults, selfishness, bad attitudes, pain, etc. to live in His state of perfect love, peace, and joy forever..

I think the part that confuses a lot of non-believers is that, if god is capable of making us free of faults, why didn't he just do that to begin with? Also confusing to me is why would you trust someone who screwed up the first time to get everything "perfect" the second time around?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

To me, it sounds like a false comparison, I mean the point of the comparison doesn't seem clear to me.

Here's what I mean:

If you had something like: "So I don't see that one who is sincere in their belief in Christ as having a need for validation by just sharing with others, whereas someone less sincere might", that would make sense because you'd be contrasting someone with a sincere belief against someone with a less sincere belief.

If you had said: "It's fine for someone to reject the belief as long as they're willing to give it some honest consideration, yet skeptics often seems bent on arguing, debating, and preaching against such belief", you would be pointing out the acceptability of one reaction as opposed to another.

What you actually said:
So I don't see that one who is sincere in their belief in Christ as having a need for validation by just sharing with others, yet skeptics often seems bent on arguing, debating, and preaching against such belief.
doesn't make a clear point.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
To me, it sounds like a false comparison, I mean the point of the comparison doesn't seem clear to me.

Here's what I mean:

If you had something like: "So I don't see that one who is sincere in their belief in Christ as having a need for validation by just sharing with others, whereas someone less sincere might", that would make sense because you'd be contrasting someone with a sincere belief against someone with a less sincere belief.

If you had said: "It's fine for someone to reject the belief as long as they're willing to give it some honest consideration, yet skeptics often seems bent on arguing, debating, and preaching against such belief", you would be pointing out the acceptability of one reaction as opposed to another.

What you actually said: doesn't make a clear point.

Clear of enough...you responded.....and clarified for all third parties.....
Thank you.

Now what was I saying about being able.... to see?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think the part that confuses a lot of non-believers is that, if god is capable of making us free of faults, why didn't he just do that to begin with? Also confusing to me is why would you trust someone who screwed up the first time to get everything "perfect" the second time around?

You would be a miniature copy of Something Greater.
That was never the intent.

Your unique linear existence will form a unique spirit.

If you do well.....fine and good.

InChrist

Free4ever

Here's what I mean:

What you actually said: doesn't make a clear point.
I think you are right, my wording wasn't too clear. Thanks for clarifying and for the examples.