• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you take away religion, what arguments are there against homosexuality?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
If you take away religion, what arguments are there against homosexuality?

None
.....Most of the arguments exist with or without religion. In the US it feels like they're predominately centered around religion. Here in the US all I see are Christians fighting the legalization or gay/lesbian marriage and equal rights. I don't have any information as to how many Jews and Muslims here in America actively protest and vote against it...because I'm being too darn lazy to look it up right now.

To me it's not even a valid Christian argument considering the basis of their argument stems from their religious text (Old Testament)....but they're "no longer under the old covenant" so what's the big deal?.....They're under a new covenant of peace,love and forgiveness toward their fellow man....:confused:

sniper762

There is nothing wrong with one man VERBALLY loving another man. but when that love is presented as a noun, then there's a problem.

sniper762

no argument. just an opposing opinion just just like those of the supporters .

there can be no "argument" that will positively portray the pro nor con of this thread's subject.

opinions are all that can be presented.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass

there can be no "argument" that will positively portray the pro nor con of this thread's subject.

Then why bother posting in a thread asking for arguments? You thought we needed some clutter?

linwood

2 women or 2 men cannot produce/make/manufacture/HAVE a baby....NATURALLY

How is this an argument against homosexuality?

There are many heteros who cannot or will not "make babies".

In fact I see this fact as an argument "for" homosexuality considering many homosexual couples want children, they tend to adopt giving loving homes to otherwise unwanted children.

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
2 women or 2 men cannot produce/make/manufacture/HAVE a baby....NATURALLY

What is your definition of "natural"?
Because, I get the feeling that if we follow your logic most of modern society would not be considered "natural".

My point is that we use science every day all day for almost everything we do, and if we are to consider that unnatural, then sure, they cannot conceive "naturally". For that they need some help from science, or barring that, they can adopt (for which they do not need the help of science).

But surely if we are to follow your argument consistently then we would have to do away with electricity, computers, cellphones, vaccines, cars, planes, most of our food, and a million other things.

And it seems obvious that you're not exactly posting this from some Stone-Age style hut in a forest some place where the most advanced piece of technology you make use of is a spear...

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:

gnomon

its the same as having a sexual prefference for your mother, your father, your sibling or your child.

IT JUST AINT RIGHT

There are indeed facts to be presented on homosexuality and human sexuality and sex.

It just so happens that all the facts point to the existence of homosexuality. The OP did not ask what people thought of homosexuality.

well, I will say that 2 men or 2 women were[obviously] not made to have/raise babies....

Your statement was almost correct. If it had said "well, I will say that 2 men or 2 women were [obviously] not made" then it would make sense.

sniper762

ok, give me some "facts" that say that homosexuality is either right or wrong so they can be used argumentavely

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
ok, give me some "facts" that say that homosexuality is either right or wrong so they can be used argumentavely

Why don't you go and do some research on your own. ;)

Seems rather shallow to hold opinions which you cannot logically and empirically back up with facts.

The truth is out there...

Walkntune

Homosexuality is unnatural!”

I wouldn't say homosexuality isn't found in nature.
Not everything in nature runs in harmony and many resistances are created.
This seems to be one in human nature.
We can make laws to dictate human behaviour but natural instincts still take effect and always will.
What is natural for some is not natural for others so there may always be a form of resistance initially as we tend to still be instinctive creatures even over our educated minds.
I guess you can't really argue against ones natural tendencies but you can argue that some natural tendencies can go against another's and so there fore may always find a form of resistance no matter how much people act accepting on the surface.
People can argue and blame it on religion but I believe the differences and resistance lies in nature itself.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
i say there are NO facts......you say there are, so put up or shut up

But that's just it isn't it....? There are no facts to support either "opinion"....There's nothing that says it's "right" or "wrong"....

So basically...the arguments that it is "wrong"...is an empty and shallow one. We're being asked, for the sake of this thread, to throw out religion....and once that is done those is favor against homosexuality are left scratching their heads..