• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you take away religion, what arguments are there against homosexuality?

Nerthus

Wanderlust
I can think of a lot of them.

None that should be the basis for making it illegal though.

Well yes, one can argue that and adult in love with a dog, or with a child (in a sexual way) is wrong and shouldn't be allowed - even domestic violence. But, I fail to see any argument in which one person loving another person can be considered wrong. And, no matter what line someone throws at me - it won't change my view.

Just like it won't change people's view of being so caught up in other peoples personal lives..

BIG D

From a psychoanalytic perspective homosexuality is arrested development in terms of psycho sexual stages..

Along with that, narcissism seems to be associated with homosexuality..
very interesting..can you explain more of this??ty

BIG D

So, you have nothing but outdated pseudoscience and bigotry. Yeah, that's about what I expected.
the only bigotry I see, is from you!!!!!!!!!!!!I see no hate or anything there.....the WHITE MAN is evil...that's all you people know!!!I don't even care about your race.....

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
well, I will say that 2 men or 2 women were[obviously] not made to have/raise babies....
Really..? Because that can easily be reversed..

I see many heterosexual couples, single parents who should not be raising childen. Now considering they can be with two loving same sex couples who could provide orphans and under privileged children with secure loving homes...

No, of course not. An extremist like you who can not see through the obvious wrong and down right childish views the bible has held. Ignorance may be bliss, but hatred is just wrong. Plus if you do believe in Jesus and God and anything you want to believe, guess what? It says only one true judge, and I am sure neither of you imbeciles are that one.....;)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
well, I will say that 2 men or 2 women were[obviously] not made to have/raise babies....
That depends on a very specific point of view.

If we're playing the "infer the intent from the apparent design" game, then it seems to me that women were "[obviously] made" to often die in childbirth. Apparently, it seems that God intended there to be a large number of single fathers around; what's unreasonable about supposing that God might've hoped that some of them would share resources?

linwood

Well yes, one can argue that and adult in love with a dog, or with a child (in a sexual way) is wrong and shouldn't be allowed - even domestic violence.

Not where I was going really.

But, I fail to see any argument in which one person loving another person can be considered wrong.

This is more where I was going.
Not considered "wrong" so much as "not healthy".

However this is a discussion for an entirely different thread.

:)

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
thats my answer

The question: 'If you take away religion, what arguments are there against homosexuality?' was raised.

If you were one of my students I would fail you for not understanding the question. An opinion is not an argument.

From the Oxford Online Dictionary:

Argument: 'a reason or set of reasons given in support of an idea, action or theory'

Opinion: 'a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge'

Even my fifth graders know that... ;)

Last edited:

Nerthus

Wanderlust
This is more where I was going.
Not considered "wrong" so much as "not healthy".

However this is a discussion for an entirely different thread.

Can't see how it is unhealthy.

Also, isn't this the point of the thread? Arguments about homosexuality once you take out religion?

linwood

Can't see how it is unhealthy.

Also, isn't this the point of the thread? Arguments about homosexuality once you take out religion?

Yes but I`m not making an argument against homosexuality as there isn`t one.Not a secular argument anyway.

I`m making an argument against love.That would require a new thread.

Kerr

Well, physically two men cannot "have" children, you you are sort of right about that (it is not an argument against homosexuality, though, unless you consider us humans as breeding machines, which is a view I cannot say I agree with). But I fail to see why that would make them worse parents :p. I mean, take two women who has adopted a child and treat him or her with respect and love. Then compare that to an abusive hetrosexual couple. What makes a good parent is not the sex of the parents but how they treat their children.