• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you take away religion, what arguments are there against homosexuality?

EverChanging

Yes, it certainly looks that way. But when you have learnt more about islam, one day you will know what i mean.
I have studied and continue to study Islam and their holy book, the Qu'raan, as well as reading material from the Muslim Student Association and getting to know Muslims.

I am surrounded by them. Many are my friends and colleagues. I know their make-up, their mentality, their spirit.
Actually, I'm surrounded by them, too. Almost all of my neighbors are Islamic.

Really? Well, carry-on closing your eyes and one day you'll be in for a rude awakening.
Actually, I've had Muslims try to break into my apartment near Halloween. I'm very well aware that there is a problem with radical Muslims, including some of the immigrants. That doesn't mean they're all like that. Some Muslim immigrants, including one I had the pleasure of talking to about her religion, come from countries where Protestants, Catholics, Buddhists, Hindus, and Muslims live in the same neighborhood very peacefully. If you're going to label all Islamic people as dangerous and unable to integrate, you may as well say that since in some areas (like the one I live in), a sizable amount of African Americans live in ghettos and thus engage in criminal behavior, all African Americans must be criminals. Your prejudice is no less ignorant or hateful than racism or homophobia.

Chances are, they will be failing to fulfill their quota of babies.
It has already been pointed out to you that overpopulation causes many of our problems, such as poverty, living in ghettos, crime, etc., and that homosexuals often procreate, though I wish less would, whatever their sexual orientation.

I do have a problem with islam (i don't want to drag this thread by going into radical or not) but that doesn't mean that i cannot think rationally. The OP wanted non religious reasons grounds objecting to homosexuality. I'm giving islam's non-religious hidden political agenda; other than its stated religious one. This is something muslims will never tell you. I just thought that it was a valid reason, looking at it from their stand-point.
You obviously have no idea what a real muslim is. But never mind. Let skip this chapter and move on.
It isn't only the Islamic religion that encourages procreation; take a look at the Roman Catholic Church.

But honestly, you should take your bigotry and stereotypes about a very diverse group of people elsewhere. This thread wasn't made for you to spew your ignorance about entire religious cultures.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I'm going to go and find where I once read this, but I'm pretty sure hetrosexual relations carry more diseases than lesbian relations .. I shall find the source - though I read that a while ago! :rolleyes:

Bisexual students were the most likely to have had an STD during the past year (9%); lesbians were the least likely (2%). from here.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
It ends a society for some reason, the entire society falls after that, and that's why it was punishable by death before.
Really? So Western Europe is destroyed--it's ended, doesn't exist?
People say they're born that way, well how about I say I was born a child molester, and wanting to kill folk, so give me my rights.
Now I know this is challenging for some people, but try to think really hard. Can you see any difference between a loving relationship between two adults, and murder? Anything jump out at you?
Just becuase you're born wanting to do something unnatural and not right doesn't mean you have to do it.
You're right. You know your bigotry is unnatural and wrong, but you don't have to give in to it. Struggle against it!
struggle against it. To say someone is a homosexual is like saying someone is a child molester, they aren't those things, they are people that DID HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVITY, or people that DID CHILD MOLESTING ACTIVITY, neither one are right and one is an abomination.
You would think having sex with your parents is an abomination but it isn't, two men or two women is though, just like having sex with animals.
It's sad when people's morals are retarded like this. Tell me, what religion are you?

Faithfreedom

i gotta change my avatar
I have studied and continue to study Islam and their holy book, the Qu'raan, as well as reading material from the Muslim Student Association and getting to know Muslims.

Actually, I'm surrounded by them, too. Almost all of my neighbors are Islamic.

Actually, I've had Muslims try to break into my apartment near Halloween. I'm very well aware that there is a problem with radical Muslims, including some of the immigrants. That doesn't mean they're all like that. Some Muslim immigrants, including one I had the pleasure of talking to about her religion, come from countries where Protestants, Catholics, Buddhists, Hindus, and Muslims live in the same neighborhood very peacefully. If you're going to label all Islamic people as dangerous and unable to integrate, you may as well say that since in some areas (like the one I live in), a sizable amount of African Americans live in ghettos and thus engage in criminal behavior, all African Americans must be criminals. Your prejudice is no less ignorant or hateful than racism or homophobia.

It has already been pointed out to you that overpopulation causes many of our problems, such as poverty, living in ghettos, crime, etc., and that homosexuals often procreate, though I wish less would, whatever their sexual orientation.

It isn't only the Islamic religion that encourages procreation; take a look at the Roman Catholic Church.

But honestly, you should take your bigotry and stereotypes about a very diverse group of people elsewhere. This thread wasn't made for you to spew your ignorance about entire religious cultures.
Ok, so you know about Islam. Tell me then, does Allah commands that all religions should be for him alone?

Kerr

It ends a society for some reason, the entire society falls after that, and that's why it was punishable by death before.
People say they're born that way, well how about I say I was born a child molester, and wanting to kill folk, so give me my rights. Just becuase you're born wanting to do something unnatural and not right doesn't mean you have to do it. struggle against it. To say someone is a homosexual is like saying someone is a child molester, they aren't those things, they are people that DID HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVITY, or people that DID CHILD MOLESTING ACTIVITY, neither one are right and one is an abomination.
You would think having sex with your parents is an abomination but it isn't, two men or two women is though, just like having sex with animals.
I find it very interesting that someone joins and posts this post as their first one...

Duck

People say they're born that way, well how about I say I was born a child molester, and wanting to kill folk, so give me my rights. Just becuase you're born wanting to do something unnatural and not right doesn't mean you have to do it. struggle against it. To say someone is a homosexual is like saying someone is a child molester, they aren't those things, they are people that DID HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVITY, or people that DID CHILD MOLESTING ACTIVITY, neither one are right and one is an abomination.

Odd then that Rome fell AFTER moral crackdowns by christians against homosexuality and divorce. Or one could be a little more realistic and look at the history of Rome and realize that it wasn't "homosexuality" that killed the empire but a series of civil wars initiated prior to and accelerating after the assassination of Julius Ceasar. I agree, child molestation is an abomination. Activities between two consenting human adults is not.

chinu

chinu
>>>If you take away religion, what arguments are there against homosexuality?<<<

I Womder, From where the childrens gets knowledge about SEX ?

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
This will likely offend both homosexuals and hetrosexuals, but anal sex is unsafe as human excrement contains many harmful substances and should be avoided.

3rd world countries who do not have adequate sewage systems have high levels of disease...contaminated drinking waters kills millions every year and some people want to be intimate with anal sex???

Thats what condoms are for, ANY sex is unsafe without them.....

Renji

I can recall that a homo almost have me harassed when I was at the age of 10. It is a very traumatic thing for me and whenever I remember it, I was like "Why me? Why do you want to that?"

Last edited:

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
I am not really sure where to begin......

I am a gay male and I am born this way, furthermore I don't care if you believe me or not. The truth about our ignorance of unacceptence towards others is slowly but surely being realized. obvioulsy not by you...

Homosexuality activity is not an abomination, wasted seed is. So masturbation, condoms, birth control, or any other sexual activity participated in with out intent to procreate is a sin. Get your facts straight, along with many other ridiculous sins I am sure you comitt everyday. I hope you can see the foolishness in this. Sex for just preocreation..? Absurd I say.....

Having sex IS an abomination, the only reason I could assume that anyone would think toehrwise is if they bought into the whole Adam and Eve lie. Obvioulsy only two people to start with, we all come from imbreed ********.... Come on, I mean.. Come on...

Comparing homosexuals to having sex with animals, and advocating sex with parents shows the lack of knowledge you have on true sexual nature.:rolleyes:

sniper762

its the same as having a sexual prefference for your mother, your father, your sibling or your child.

IT JUST AINT RIGHT

Nerthus

Wanderlust
Comparing homosexuals to having sex with animals, and advocating sex with parents shows the lack of knowledge you have on true sexual nature.:rolleyes:

This is what is scary. People can disagree with homosexuality all they like, but when they start comparing it to acts like that, it really shocks me.

A

angellous_evangellous

“If everyone was gay the human race would die out!”

If there's a small state in need of soldiers, farmers, and artisans AND there is a high infant mortality rate OR an unusual imbalance of either sex in the population, I can see how people would think that homosexuality is immoral. Homosexual contact would disrupt the security of the state because they could fill the gap where heterosexual men are impotent and women are unable to have children. So when we're talking about a group of people that could be wiped off the face of the earth if they don't have enough people to defend them, produce food, and provide skilled labor, 5-10% of the population not contributing to population growth can have a serious impact.

It is from states/societies like this that homosexuality was considered immoral.

Now that we have large states in the civilized world that are secure states with high population, homosexuality is considered perfectly moral.

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
This is what is scary. People can disagree with homosexuality all they like, but when they start comparing it to acts like that, it really shocks me.
It is shocking, but then I have to remember that this type of thinking is on the decline, and awareness and acceptance is on the rise...... they will die out before any minorties do....:yes:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I can recall that a homo almost have me harassed when I was at the age of 10. It is a very traumatic thing for me and whenever I remember it, I was like "Why me? Why do you want to that?"

I'm sorry that happened to you. Did you have a point related to this thread?

sniper762

sorry, but the question: If you take away religion, what arguments are there against homosexuality? was asked.

thats my answer