• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you take away religion, what arguments are there against homosexuality?

EverChanging

Ok, so you know about Islam. Tell me then, does Allah commands that all religions should be for him alone?

There is no Allah. He doesn't command anything. There is a diverse religion called Islam with varying interpretations. Muslims are a diverse group of people. There are extremists, yes, but to assert that they are all dangerous or unable to integrate is incredibly ignorant and bigoted. Not to mention that you would have to back up your claim by proving that every single Muslim is unable to integrate into a modern society. Still, nothing to do with secular arguments against homosexuality.

It's strange that you harp on Islam so much when one of your arguments was against homosexuality because it would hurt the Islamic cause...not exactly a secular argument, either.

BIG D

How is this an argument against homosexuality?

There are many heteros who cannot or will not "make babies".

In fact I see this fact as an argument "for" homosexuality considering many homosexual couples want children, they tend to adopt giving loving homes to otherwise unwanted children.
it's not AGAINST anything..just stating that gays cannot/were not made to produce babies....

EverChanging

it's not AGAINST anything..just stating that gays cannot/were not made to produce babies....

As far as I can tell, life didn't evolve for any specific purpose in mind. Doesn't mean we shouldn't live according to our own purposes, and for a gay couple, their contribution to the goodness of the world might involve adopting otherwise unwanted children who would have no home, family, or parents.

Scott C.

Just one guy
So, apart from the ludicrous statements above, are there any arguments against homosexuality that doesn’t stem from religion?

Religious truth is the best argument for all aspects of morality, including sexual morality. If there were no God and no moral law established by God, I suppose it would be up to mortals to decide what is right and what is wrong. We could make the rules as we see fit, based on what we deem necessary to maintain a peaceful and happy society. Rules regarding chastity probably would go out the window. After all, even many believers are throwing these out the window these days.

But I believe in God and he sets the moral laws and I believe in following them. Again, there is no stronger argument for sexual morality than God's law.

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
There is nothing wrong with one man VERBALLY loving another man. but when that love is presented as a noun, then there's a problem.
A problem to who? You...?

And how exactly is that any of your concern?

Why do you care what two men or two women do in the privacy of THIER OWN HOME......?

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Religious truth is the best argument for all aspects of morality, including sexual morality. If there were no God and no moral law established by God, I suppose it would be up to mortals to decide what is right and what is wrong. We could make the rules as we see fit, based on what we deem necessary to maintain a peaceful and happy society. Rules regarding chastity probably would go out the window. After all, even many believers are throwing these out the window these days.

Common sense and mutual respect is the best moral law, God legislated it and Christianity did its best to exploit these laws for its own benefit.

Chastity is a joke, not healthy for anyone.

But I believe in God and he sets the moral laws and I believe in following them. Again, there is no stronger argument for sexual morality than God's law.

So your God denies homosexuality even though technically he created it? Bit confused here.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
A problem to who? You...?

And how exactly is that any of your concern?

Why do you care what two men or two women do in the privacy of THIER OWN HOME......?

Because christians make everyones business their own. They forget that they no longer get away with controlling the way the world works and acts.

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
Because christians make everyones business their own. They forget that they no longer get away with controlling the way the world works and acts.
Which is funny considering they also beleive only god can judge.... Glass house and rocks much....?:faint:

Scott C.

Just one guy
Common sense and mutual respect is the best moral law, God legislated it and Christianity did its best to exploit these laws for its own benefit.

Chastity is a joke, not healthy for anyone.

So your God denies homosexuality even though technically he created it? Bit confused here.

I was asked if I can make an argument against homosexuality without using religion. I cannot make a good argument without religion. But, that's irrelevant, since if there is no God, we are not, and the world is not, and we're not having this discussion.

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
mw0082

the thread op ASKED for my input, so i gave it
FRANKLY, MY DEAR, I DONT GIVE A DAMN
good for you, but this thread is about debate. So give your opinion but if it is downright unfounded and silly expect someone to tell you....:D

sniper762

sorry that this thread doesnt go YOUR WAY (onesided). my opposition makes the debate the way it should be (two-sided)

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
sorry that this thread doesnt go YOUR WAY (onesided). my opposition makes the debate the way it should be (two-sided)
Your opinion is not a debate, come with some facts or resources then we can debate. Or at least try to state something to back it up......:rolleyes:

Nerthus

Wanderlust
You hear so often how homophobic comments are the result of someone trying to deny their inner homosexuality... I wonder if there is any substance in that?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
gays were not meant too have babies...no???

AND??????

Seems as though some heterosexuals aren't either considering the amount of orphans in this country or the many neglected and abused children in this country.....

Surely you can come up with something better than that. I think it's fine they can't have children....this means they can adopt the ones heterosexual neglect, abuse or "throw away".......:rolleyes:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Which is funny considering they also beleive only god can judge.... Glass house and rocks much....?:faint:

Which is funny considering they judge by a couple old covenant (old testament) laws which they themselves say they're no longer obligated to follow...