• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is America a Police state?

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
I say that if you do nothing wrong (against the law) then you have nothing to be afraid of. I couldn't give five monkeys about the government knowing what I'm doing or where I'm going- I couldn't care less because I'm not doing anything violating the law. If, however, I get pulled in for things and I've done nothing wrong, then that's where I have a problem.
You never drive 1mph over the speed limit?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I googled.
............. you can get arrested for that, you know.....

One sad duty in an impartial mind is that of having to cross the floor occasionally and join the miserable bunch of moaners on the other side.

Although it hurts worser 'n' a chisel up the rectum, that fate befalls me now.
Two nights ago I watched a CBS-Reality channel program about how clever Las Vegas Cops are. It's one 'thing' to act like a pack of dangerous amateurs, it's entirely another to be stupid enough to allow such bad policing to be filmed and then shown around the world.

In Clarke county, street-prostitution is a criminal act, and so the LVPD (or whatever) sets up sugar-traps to catch folks who use prostitutes. To give you an initial idea of what was filmed and shown, the police team got their law wrong, used the worst agent-provocateur tactics I have ever seen, placed the lives of both the officers and detainees at risk, and allowed their faces to be shown on television, and then got the reason for the arrests wrong. And clearly, they believed that they were clever. All this under the scrutiny of a police lieutenant who was present, on the scene, and watching.

A female in casual clothes called out to passing cars, 'Wan't a good time?'.... 'I'll make you really happy'..... 'Hi there. You want fun?'. The stance and soliciting words of the woman were almost an incitement to commit the crime, but completely into the area of 'agent provocateur'.

Where folks were drawn in, they were told to park their vehicles and go to a room with the woman, who then left them and walked deeper into the apartment on some excuse. Then armed men burst into the room, not dressed in complete and full uniforms (to my viewpoint), shouting and pointing handguns. The 'caught' person could, for seconds, have believed that he was about to get robbed or killed and moved to defend. The police could easily have shot him.

Once handcuffed and controlled, their faces were shown for all the world to see, a potential blip on the world's suicide figures. And then the unbelievable reason for the arrest was given........ they were being arrested for soliciting prostitution, (something that they clearly never did) their cars would be towed and they would face a judge next day.

Las Vegas. Some Law. Some Policing. Some provocation. Some arrest! I don't know about the judge. And shown on televisions in foreign lands.

'Agent provocateur' actions are unlawful in most good countries.

This really p-sses me off, having to walk across the floor for this one, but this......... this can only bring disgrace upon that force. It's not a question of whether street-prostitution is good or bad, it's about unlawful lures, bad tactics, bad policing, dangerous arrests and reversed reasoning.

Go on....... you can laugh now.... :yes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
............. you can get arrested for that, you know.....
In the privacy of me own shack, it's legal here.
(Michiganistan is a progressive state.)

Although it hurts worser 'n' a chisel up the rectum, that fate befalls me now.
You are a man of varied experience.

Two nights ago I watched a CBS-Reality channel program about how clever Las Vegas Cops are. It's one 'thing' to act like a pack of dangerous amateurs, it's entirely another to be stupid enough to allow such bad policing to be filmed and then shown around the world.

In Clarke county, street-prostitution is a criminal act, and so the LVPD (or whatever) sets up sugar-traps to catch folks who use prostitutes. To give you an initial idea of what was filmed and shown, the police team got their law wrong, used the worst agent-provocateur tactics I have ever seen, placed the lives of both the officers and detainees at risk, and allowed their faces to be shown on television, and then got the reason for the arrests wrong. And clearly, they believed that they were clever. All this under the scrutiny of a police lieutenant who was present, on the scene, and watching.

A female in casual clothes called out to passing cars, 'Wan't a good time?'.... 'I'll make you really happy'..... 'Hi there. You want fun?'. The stance and soliciting words of the woman were almost an incitement to commit the crime, but completely into the area of 'agent provocateur'.

Where folks were drawn in, they were told to park their vehicles and go to a room with the woman, who then left them and walked deeper into the apartment on some excuse. Then armed men burst into the room, not dressed in complete and full uniforms (to my viewpoint), shouting and pointing handguns. The 'caught' person could, for seconds, have believed that he was about to get robbed or killed and moved to defend. The police could easily have shot him.

Once handcuffed and controlled, their faces were shown for all the world to see, a potential blip on the world's suicide figures. And then the unbelievable reason for the arrest was given........ they were being arrested for soliciting prostitution, (something that they clearly never did) their cars would be towed and they would face a judge next day.

Las Vegas. Some Law. Some Policing. Some provocation. Some arrest! I don't know about the judge. And shown on televisions in foreign lands.

'Agent provocateur' actions are unlawful in most good countries.

This really p-sses me off, having to walk across the floor for this one, but this......... this can only bring disgrace upon that force. It's not a question of whether street-prostitution is good or bad, it's about unlawful lures, bad tactics, bad policing, dangerous arrests and reversed reasoning.

Go on....... you can laugh now.... :yes:
What those cops did is also illegal here.
They just don't get prosecuted for their crimes.
They're heroes, doncha know!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You are a man of varied experience.

What? Chisels and rectum's? You never........ ?
You have lived a sheltered (if more comfortable) life, Revolting......

You can't have read my best-seller memoirs, 'Tunnels of love and bondage in Cookham Woods' by Bad-OldBadger.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
What those cops did is also illegal here.

What is illegal ......... investigative entrapment? Reversed thinking in arrests?
Got a source for that?

By the way, since States have their own laws and police training, is there a State anywhere in North America which could be regarded as offering a good policing service to the community? One, possibly?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Tennessee policeman fired after photos show him choking student | Reuters
The photographs published by online edition of the Daily Mail showed an unidentified officer appearing to throttle 21-year-old Jarod Dotson, while two fellow officers handcuffed the student's hands behind his back, after arresting him at a party near the University of Tennessee, in Knoxville.
The student did not appear to show any sign of resistance, while the officer, later identified as 47-year-old Frank Phillips, held him by the neck until he collapsed to his knees.
John Messner, the Knoxville photographer who took the pictures, described to the Mail how the officer then slapped Dotson around the head a few times before walking off.
Jones said that Phillips had been terminated with immediate effect and that the investigation would be turned over to the Knox County Attorney General's Office to determine if any charges should be filed. Phillips had been with the Sheriff's Office since 1992.
What I find significant is that the cop is not under arrest for assault, & there is only a possibility that he might be charged for this brutal assault.

I like this approach...
"This incident provides a perfect example of why we are in the process of purchasing officer-worn body cameras (video and audio recordings) so incidents like this will be fully documented," the sheriff concluded.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, it does save time to just shoot the parties in a dispute.
They could just lay off all the cops used to restrain kids, &
just keep the ones trained to shoot well.

Oh, I'm such a bit**!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
And here's yet another act of heroism protecting us all from a 9-year-old girl, playing in the sprinkler with swimsuit on, and drying off in a towel.

“When they put the handcuffs on I thought, `Wait a minute, this has got to be a joke,’” recalled Latoya Harris, describing the arrest of her 9-year-old daughter last May. “The look on my daughter’s face went from humiliation and fear, to a look of sheer panic.”

At the time, the girl was wearing a bathing suit and a towel, still damp from running through a neighborhood sprinkler. She was taken away in handcuffs by officers David McCarthy and Matthew Huspek, fingerprinted, photographed, but never charged with a crime. She was held at police headquarters for an hour before her frantic mother — who didn’t have a car — could retrieve the girl from her captors.

Or how about pepper spray in an infant's face?

“He pointed and said to exit to the [northeast], into the spraying police opposite him,” Joughin recalled. Trapped between a panicked crowd and pepper spray-wielding assailants, Joughin pleaded with the officer to allow his family to pass.

“He looked at me, and drew out his can from his hip and sprayed directly at me,” testifies Joughin. His three-year-old son caught most of the blast. The Berserker then turned on Joughin’s wife and newborn son “and doused both of their heads entirely from a distance of less than three feet,” he recounts.

Same department in two separate accounts of terrorizing entire families. One from investigating a playground fight. Another from keeping protestors and their families quiet.

freethinker44

**** the police!

We should just have neighborhood watches and superhero crimefighting teams.

:no:

That's a terrible idea.

1391627172108.png

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Young children could face bullying charges in city
CARSON, Calif. (AP) — Children as young as kindergarten-age could face misdemeanor charges for bullying under a proposed law advancing in a Southern California city.

The Carson City Council gave preliminary approval this week to an ordinance that would target anyone from kindergarten to age 25 who makes another person feel "terrorized, frightened, intimidated, threatened, harassed or molested" with no legitimate purpose.
A final vote is set for May 20, according to the Daily Breeze (Carson moves to criminalize bullying for children as young as 5 ).
First-time offenders could be ticketed for an infraction and fined $100. A second infraction would cost $200, and a third-time offense could bring a criminal misdemeanor charge.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Incident in Texas as well. This "Officer" or thug with badge and gun decided to off a 93 year old woman. He has killed before this. Willing to bet he keeps his uniform and weapon and plan away for number three.

Police Officer Who Killed 93-Year-Old Woman Has Killed Before - The Wire

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Chicopee woman faces wiretapping charges after allegedly recording her own arrest | masslive.com
When she was about to be arrested, police say the woman activated the voice recording feature on her smart phone, hid it in her purse and surreptitiously‎ recorded the entire arrest. Now she faces the unusual charge of unlawful wiretapping.
I thought warrants were no longer needed for wiretapping?
I guess that's only if it's government listening on us.
Heaven forbid that we might get evidence of their wrongdoing.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member