• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is America a Police state?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Another one executed for "resisting".
I like in the video where a representative for the police says we don't see, in the video, the part leading up to that, as if there is ever a legitimate reason for four men to beat an unarmed man to death.
Cops Beat Man to Death in Front of Dozens of Witnesses “For No Reason” | The Free Thought Project
Dozens of witnesses to a murder, & the cops are all on paid vacation.
They should be arrested & charged with murder.

Straw Dog

:no:

That's a terrible idea.

Thanks! :D

I have lots of terrible ideas and straw dogs, so to speak. My real arguments are just around the corner.

Still in favor of superheroes, though. The same impulses that give criminals the desire for crime could give costumed vigilantes/ concerned citizens the impulse to anonymously fight crime. Balance...

kashmir

Love this guy

[youtube]Eq4Vi-s1OQo#t=228[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq4Vi-s1OQo#t=228

These types of videos are going to cause congress to amend the constitution and we will have guys like this to blame.

I actually followed this story on YT and it is more than likely the guy got himself arrested, which is why the video stops, the uploader edited that part out.
Why would he stop the video just as the cops began to prevent him from filming?
The Orange Law was in affect, it is deemed an act of terrorism to film those types of places.
Why do you think the guy was even there filming in the first place and having his buddy filming too?

He purposely did this, had someone else filming him and the cops as well, and called the cops on himself, just to set up the whole scene.
He was completely wrong and you can not do this sort of stuff, just to have juicy YT videos, the police have a real job to do and setting up this ignorant situation is highly illegal.
Due to guys like this, congress will eventually have to step in, and us innocent people will be the ones hurt in the end.

There is no law that allows one to purposely set up situations like this, to waste the cops time, so they can argue about constitutional rights with the cops.
YT is full of videos like this and most of the time the cops just try to defuse the whole thing, but sometimes people push them too far and get arrested for numerous crimes.
The biggest one is calling on themselves, which is in fact, filling a false police report.

There has been people convicted and given the max penalty for doing this sort of thing.
There is a huge difference in filming the cops, off to the side while the cop is doing his job, as long as you are not directly interfering with the cops and what they are doing and setting up a false situation, to have a juicy YT video.

If I had any authority, I would force YT to not allow these types of videos to be uploaded to their servers and deem it a federal offence.
These wanna be YT lawyers have zero justification to do this other than to have something to upload to YT, wasting tax payers money on the man hours involved going to investigate the false report and as I said, the constitution will eventually be amended to give cops the power to just arrest them and let the wanna be lawyer take the law up with the judge, the cops are not there to argue laws, they are there to help fight crime and if they are clogged down dealing with guys like this, they cant be doing their real jobs.

I hope guys like this actually do need the cops one day, and the cops cant come fast enough to help them because of dealing with other nutjob wanna be lawyers.

Think about it people, think good and hard, and once congress forbids us to film the cops, remember back to this guy.

Oh yah, one guy thought he was going to be another smart butt, was filming the cops, on his own property as they were giving someone a ticket out on the street, he forgot the very laws he was so proud of and was yelling out and called the cops "Pigs" and "Nazi" and all sorts of stuff.
Guess who went to jail for a whole boatload of crimes?
He was screaming out "police brutality" as they were handcuffing him, epic funny.

Yah, some people even do this to try to lure in a police brutality/false arrest claim.

If anyone reading this, wishes to purposely harass the cops, don't.
If you just happen upon them doing their jobs, stay away from them, and film them all you want, but keep your mouth shut.
If the cops are beating the hell out of someone etc, then you have done the right thing.
Doing the former is eventually going to deem the law to be amended so we can not film them at all.

BTW, regardless if you have a camera or not, if a cop is giving you a ticket or anyone else, you are allowed to argue the law with him, that is what the courts are for.
His job is to give the ticket and go about his job.
Usually the cops just give people a break and try to explain, but they do not have to argue with people, they are not the judge or court system.

Last edited:

freethinker44

These types of videos are going to cause congress to amend the constitution and we will have guys like this to blame.

I actually followed this story on YT and it is more than likely the guy got himself arrested, which is why the video stops, the uploader edited that part out.
Why would he stop the video just as the cops began to prevent him from filming?
The Orange Law was in affect, it is deemed an act of terrorism to film those types of places.
Why do you think the guy was even there filming in the first place and having his buddy filming too?

He purposely did this, had someone else filming him and the cops as well, and called the cops on himself, just to set up the whole scene.
He was completely wrong and you can not do this sort of stuff, just to have juicy YT videos, the police have a real job to do and setting up this ignorant situation is highly illegal.
Due to guys like this, congress will eventually have to step in, and us innocent people will be the ones hurt in the end.

There is no law that allows one to purposely set up situations like this, to waste the cops time, so they can argue about constitutional rights with the cops.
YT is full of videos like this and most of the time the cops just try to defuse the whole thing, but sometimes people push them too far and get arrested for numerous crimes.
The biggest one is calling on themselves, which is in fact, filling a false police report.

There has been people convicted and given the max penalty for doing this sort of thing.
There is a huge difference in filming the cops, off to the side while the cop is doing his job, as long as you are not directly interfering with the cops and what they are doing and setting up a false situation, to have a juicy YT video.

If I had any authority, I would force YT to not allow these types of videos to be uploaded to their servers and deem it a federal offence.
These wanna be YT lawyers have zero justification to do this other than to have something to upload to YT, wasting tax payers money on the man hours involved going to investigate the false report and as I said, the constitution will eventually be amended to give cops the power to just arrest them and let the wanna be lawyer take the law up with the judge, the cops are not there to argue laws, they are there to help fight crime and if they are clogged down dealing with guys like this, they cant be doing their real jobs.

I hope guys like this actually do need the cops one day, and the cops cant come fast enough to help them because of dealing with other nutjob wanna be lawyers.

Think about it people, think good and hard, and once congress forbids us to film the cops, remember back to this guy.

Oh yah, one guy thought he was going to be another smart butt, was filming the cops, on his own property as they were giving someone a ticket out on the street, he forgot the very laws he was so proud of and was yelling out and called the cops "Pigs" and "Nazi" and all sorts of stuff.
Guess who went to jail for a whole boatload of crimes?
He was screaming out "police brutality" as they were handcuffing him, epic funny.

Yah, some people even do this to try to lure in a police brutality/false arrest claim.

If anyone reading this, wishes to purposely harass the cops, don't.
If you just happen upon them doing their jobs, stay away from them, and film them all you want, but keep your mouth shut.
If the cops are beating the hell out of someone etc, then you have done the right thing.
Doing the former is eventually going to deem the law to be amended so we can not film them at all.

BTW, regardless if you have a camera or not, if a cop is giving you a ticket or anyone else, you are allowed to argue the law with him, that is what the courts are for.
His job is to give the ticket and go about his job.
Usually the cops just give people a break and try to explain, but they do not have to argue with people, they are not the judge or court system.

Don't be scared, man. They're your rights, if you don't exercise them you don't have them. There is no danger of legislation restricting rights in public when police are present.

Is it wrong to question police tactics and film them? Let's use cop logic to answer this: if they aren't doing anything wrong they shouldn't have any objection to it.

MD

qualiaphile
With the fact that a father got fined $200 for making his son walk a mile as punishment...it sure is!

kashmir

Don't be scared, man. They're your rights, if you don't exercise them you don't have them. There is no danger of legislation restricting rights in public when police are present.

Is it wrong to question police tactics and film them? Let's use cop logic to answer this: if they aren't doing anything wrong they shouldn't have any objection to it.

Did you even read my post?
Of course something is going to be done eventually.
YT is full of videos of people who purposely set up the cops, so they can argue the constitution with them.
That is not what cops are here for anyway.
They are here to help fight crime, not argue with YT wanna be lawyers.
In fact, cops have lawsuits against some of these people, because they lie about what happened, such as titling the video "police brutality" just to get hits on the video, and the cop can sue for defamation of character, just as me or you can if someone uploads a video about us and say things untrue.

freethinker44

Did you even read my post?
Of course something is going to be done eventually.
YT is full of videos of people who purposely set up the cops, so they can argue the constitution with them.
That is not what cops are here for anyway.
They are here to help fight crime, not argue with YT wanna be lawyers.
In fact, cops have lawsuits against some of these people, because they lie about what happened, such as titling the video "police brutality" just to get hits on the video, and the cop can sue for defamation of character, just as me or you can if someone uploads a video about us and say things untrue.

It shouldn't even matter if the people behind the videos are bating the cops. For one, cops should be trained to deal with people that may be trying to set them up, not just beat the crap out of them and illegally take their videos. Like I said, if cops weren't doing anything wrong, like using excessive force or unconstitutionally overstepping their authority, they have nothing to worry about do they, in fact they should welcome people recording them doing the right thing when it's so easy for them not to.

But look through this thread again at all the videos posted. This is what cops are doing when they know they're being filmed and sometimes in the presence of dozens of witnesses filming them from multiple angles. Makes you wonder what they do when they don't think anyone sees them.

We are not in danger of losing our rights because we film police corruption. The police consistently lose these cases when they go to court. As I said before, if you're not exercising your rights then you effectively don't have rights, kind of like that phrase "you lose 100% of the battles you don't fight" (or something to that effect).

So yeah, it might be a little messed up that people antagonize the police like that, but that's no excuse for the police to execute people in the streets.

kashmir

It shouldn't even matter if the people behind the videos are bating the cops. For one, cops should be trained to deal with people that may be trying to set them up, not just beat the crap out of them and illegally take their videos. Like I said, if cops weren't doing anything wrong, like using excessive force or unconstitutionally overstepping their authority, they have nothing to worry about do they, in fact they should welcome people recording them doing the right thing when it's so easy for them not to.

But look through this thread again at all the videos posted. This is what cops are doing when they know they're being filmed and sometimes in the presence of dozens of witnesses filming them from multiple angles. Makes you wonder what they do when they don't think anyone sees them.

We are not in danger of losing our rights because we film police corruption. The police consistently lose these cases when they go to court. As I said before, if you're not exercising your rights then you effectively don't have rights, kind of like that phrase "you lose 100% of the battles you don't fight" (or something to that effect).

So yeah, it might be a little messed up that people antagonize the police like that, but that's no excuse for the police to execute people in the streets.

You seem to be not following.
Calling the cops on oneself, so they can debate the constitution with them, to have juicy videos to put on YT, is not what cops are for.
All those that are doing it, are going to ruin it for the rest of the world, and when it is illegal to film the cops, we will have those that are doing this to blame.

This has nothing to do with being put in the situation and filming the cops from a third party position.
We wont be allowed to do that eventually.

There is a video of a guy who follows the cops around, just to film them, and gets into their business as they are writing other people tickets.
He got arrested and deserves to be and his YT channel got taken down.

Huge difference in filming cops, and harassing them.

Last edited:

freethinker44

You seem to be not following.
Calling the cops on oneself, so they can debate the constitution with them, to have juicy videos to put on YT, is not what cops are for.

I haven't seen much of that, can you provide an example?

All those that are doing it, are going to ruin it for the rest of the world, and when it is illegal to film the cops, we will have those that are doing this to blame.

It's not going to ruin it for the rest of us, it's the cops that are acting illegally, not the people filming them, even in the videos that appear to be provoking the police.

kashmir

I haven't seen much of that, can you provide an example?
The very video I quoted and was talking about.
The guy purposally fimed a place that he knew was against the law to be filming, and according to what I read in the comments, he went to jail, which is why the video cuts out as the cops got word back from dispatch to confirm the guy way breaking the law.

It's not going to ruin it for the rest of us, it's the cops that are acting illegally, not the people filming them, even in the videos that appear to be provoking the police.

The guy in the video was the one acting illegally and you are not allowed to provoke the cops.
They are not peoples play toys.
:facepalm:
You can film them, but not interfere with them doing their jobs.
You can not file a false police report, to get the cops to show up, so you can film them and argue the constitution.
Again, they are not ppls play toys for wanna be lawyers trying to get juicy YT videos.

Last edited: