• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is America a Police state?

freethinker44

This cop rescues the **** out of this poor guy.

[youtube]VQ-rFNuz3Vc#t=91[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ-rFNuz3Vc#t=91

So let's add this to the list of emergencies you NOT call the police to help with:
Diabetic seizure? We'll have the police beat the seizure out of you.
Running from a guy who stabbed you in the neck? No problem, a few bullets in your chest will take your mind off the stab wound.
Relative needs ambulance for bad reaction to medication? Nah, we'll just have the police come over and shoot him.
Need to be rescued from a rolled vehicle? Just have the police intimidate you into being rescued. Throw in a broken arm for good measure.

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It's not a cop out. I'm not a lawyer or a politician, I don't work in the prison industrial complex, I'm not a cop, I'm not a judge, I'm not a sociologist or psychologist, I didn't study law, I'm simply not qualified to solve these kinds of problems, but what I can do is I can pay qualified people to solve these problems instead.

What should happen? I should go to the town council meeting, write a letter to my congressman, petition the president, take it before the supreme court, and tell them to do something about this problem.

.......... so you are an ARMCHAIR CRITIC?
All the fun of moaning without any of the responsibilities or initiatives.

I see........

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
People can ignore that all they wish and blame the system, the system didnt make her have 7 kids that she couldnt afford or raise properly, she did that.
The system fed the kids and housed them, then they got involved when they didnt attend school.
perhaps they should have just never did the fine parents thing.

...... all your post makes great sense.

America has got to try and deter parents from thinking that they can ignore their kids' education.

This woman had 55 truancy violations, each one attracting a 5day prison sentence. The authorities could hardly tell America 'Oh... we let her go over this' because they would be ripped to pieces by everbody, probably including the moaners on this thread.

So..... instead of making her pay fines, or doing community service away from her kids etc..... they didn't send her to prison for 275 days, but just 2!!!!!

At least then they could tell America...... 'If you mess up your kids' educations, you can go to prison!'........ and be slightly believed.

The moaners on this thread, when really questioned, ran away and hid.
I'll bet they could tell you all day long how to run everything, until put on the spot. :D

freethinker44

.......... so you are an ARMCHAIR CRITIC?
All the fun of moaning without any of the responsibilities or initiatives.

I see........

Why would we pay people to create policies and fix problems and then do it all myself? Kind of defeats the entire purpose of having public servants don't you think? And really, what you're demanding is an impossible task. You're basically saying, before my criticism can be legitimate I need to do the work of dozens or even hundreds of trained professionals who we already pay to do the work you are saying I must do before I take it them. The only responsibility I have in the matter is to identify a problem and then vote on the subsequent ballot initiative or referendum that the people we paid to solve the problem came up with.

kashmir

...... all your post makes great sense.

America has got to try and deter parents from thinking that they can ignore their kids' education.

This woman had 55 truancy violations, each one attracting a 5day prison sentence. The authorities could hardly tell America 'Oh... we let her go over this' because they would be ripped to pieces by everbody, probably including the moaners on this thread.

So..... instead of making her pay fines, or doing community service away from her kids etc..... they didn't send her to prison for 275 days, but just 2!!!!!

At least then they could tell America...... 'If you mess up your kids' educations, you can go to prison!'........ and be slightly believed.

The moaners on this thread, when really questioned, ran away and hid.
I'll bet they could tell you all day long how to run everything, until put on the spot. :D

Well see, as I said, we get to tell people how to raise their kids, but not to the point where it actually matters.
As I said, eventually, if women continue to do this sort of thing, someone will create laws to put them in prison from the get go.
Everyone is quick to blame the system, but the system fed those kids, while mommy went out and had more kids.
Who is to blame?
Mommy is to blame.

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Well see, as I said, we get to tell people how to raise their kids, but not to the point where it actually matters.
As I said, eventually, if women continue to do this sort of thing, someone will create laws to put them in prison from the get go.
Everyone is quick to blame the system, but the system fed those kids, while mommy went out and had more kids.
Who is to blame?
Mommy is to blame.

I think that it's reasonable to call this a State 1- Moaners Nil win.... on this occasion. If they had just let it slide then within a few months the moaners would be moaning that the State had let truancy run even more rampantly.

Now it's time to see what comes up next. I do so love the press reports that crop up on this thread.... :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Now it's time to see what comes up next. I do so love the press reports that crop up on this thread.... :)
Old badgers attack military!
badger.gif

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I'm sure that if they just apologized for it, and sound like they meant it, and then promise to play nice from now on, we can all be happy again.

freethinker44

I'm sure that if they just apologized for it, and sound like they meant it, and then promise to play nice from now on, we can all be happy again.

I would actually be happy with that. I'm not out to disband the police force, they're an important cog in the social machinery, I just want more accountability and balanced powers.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
I would actually be happy with that. I'm not out to disband the police force, they're an important cog in the social machinery, I just want more accountability and balanced powers.
There really needs to be some kind of law governing when the police are allowed to use militaristic type force beyond the current "we have a warrant, send in SWAT".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There really needs to be some kind of law governing when the police are allowed to use militaristic type force beyond the current "we have a warrant, send in SWAT".
The real cure would be severe civil penalties, with commensurate
compensation to victims of governmental excesses.
If'n it don't hit'm in the pocketbook, ain't gonna have no effect.

freethinker44

The real cure would be severe civil penalties, with commensurate
compensation to victims of governmental excesses.
If'n it don't hit'm in the pocketbook, ain't gonna have no effect.

They already have that. Police departments pay out millions of dollars in restitution each year. They don't care, the cops get a paid vacation and the tax payer pays the bill.

They need criminal penalties. If the police are found to be at fault all police officers involved should be charged with crimes comparable to what a civilian would be charged for the same thing and any officer who was present and did nothing should be disciplined for being negligent in his duties as a police officer for failing to prevent or stop a crime, even if that crime was being committed by another officer.

This is the standard soldiers have abide by, police should be no different. When I was in the military the basic rule of thumb for ROE was "can I defend myself against murder charges for this?" Police shouldn't automatically get immunity until proven otherwise, it should be the other way around, they should be charged/investigated for crime until proven they deserved immunity. So no paid vacation while the investigation goes on, if they're cleared of wrong doing then maybe they should get back pay but not before they're cleared.

I don't like the way internal affairs is done either. It's just police investigating police. I think internal affairs investigations should be done like jury duty. Randomly selected citizens should be selected to sit on a panel that reviews the case, and they should decide the outcome.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They already have that. Police departments pay out millions of dollars in restitution each year. They don't care, the cops get a paid vacation and the tax payer pays the bill.

They need criminal penalties. If the police are found to be at fault all police officers involved should be charged with crimes comparable to what a civilian would be charged for the same thing and any officer who was present and did nothing should be disciplined for being negligent in his duties as a police officer for failing to prevent or stop a crime, even if that crime was being committed by another officer.

This is the standard soldiers have abide by, police should be no different. When I was in the military the basic rule of thumb for ROE was "can I defend myself against murder charges for this?" Police shouldn't automatically get immunity until proven otherwise, it should be the other way around, they should be charged/investigated for crime until proven they deserved immunity. So no paid vacation while the investigation goes on, if they're cleared of wrong doing then maybe they should get back pay but not before they're cleared.

I don't like the way internal affairs is done either. It's just police investigating police. I think internal affairs investigations should be done like jury duty. Randomly selected citizens should be selected to sit on a panel that reviews the case, and they should decide the outcome.
I'm thinking real money here.
$100,000,000 to the baby & family would attract some notice.
Of course, prosecution & imprisonment of the cops is appropriate.

freethinker44

Oh, my God. That is... :mad: :(

At this point, I'm starting to think that citizens should form neighborhood militias since apparently many cops are our enemies and nothing is going to be done about it.

The only thing worse than a corrupt police force is armed vigilantes. At least police have some amount of accountability. Vigilantes have none. Look at the groups that went to Nevada to help that racist rancher. Afterwards they stayed and set up unconstitutional checkpoints and made residents prove they lived there if they wanted to freely travel.

This:
Untitled-1-Recovered-Recovered65.jpg

is no better than this:
police0.jpg

Last edited: