• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Well I have my own subjective proof....when I had dropped away from the path earlier on in my life...I definitely become more selfish and less moral and as a result...my life was beset with serious difficulties..
Be as that may, it doesn't mean atheism inherently leads to that. You could just as easily pick someone who was a P-IRA member and say Catholicism leads to terrorism. Just because it damages your life doesn't mean it has the same effect on others.
Life is for a short time...what we do with it determines out future beyond death of the body... Each soul will reap the karma of our life's actions...good or bad...into the next life...reincarnation and karma are a part of one continuous journey....until one's last life in which the errors of understanding have been corrected and the requirement to reincarnate is no more... This life will be the last life for some, but certainly not for those who seek carnal enjoyment as a way of life...
Why hope for a better future when we can have a good present, because the present is all we know we have. Why hope our next life will be good, when can make this life, the life we know we have, better? And why not enjoy the Gifts of Life while you are here?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Be as that may, it doesn't mean atheism inherently leads to that. You could just as easily pick someone who was a P-IRA member and say Catholicism leads to terrorism. Just because it damages your life doesn't mean it has the same effect on others.

Why hope for a better future when we can have a good present, because the present is all we know we have. Why hope our next life will be good, when can make this life, the life we know we have, better? And why not enjoy the Gifts of Life while you are here?
Well put it this way....if one is not progressing towards transcendence...you are either treading water or sinking... Atheists could not be progressing towards transcendence because they do not believe in it.. Any Catholic by name who is not working towards transcendence will naturally fail to achieve it also...but we have been specifically talking about atheists ...

No one is hoping for anything....one will only devote their lives to transcendence if they have absolute proof it exists.. That's the rub...the proof only comes when one initially makes the effort to do the kindergarten stuff...doors open and greater understanding results...which leads to more serious efforts...more doors open and so on until WHAM.....the light at the end of the tunnel is blinding...and no darkness can dwell therein..journey's end is nigh..

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
...but I do not recognize the credentials of any atheist who claims spirituality in the sense of ascent from the spheres of temporary forms of matter to the spheres of immortal spirit....

Clearly you have a very narrow view of spirituality and need to feel superior.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
"Pro-homosexual bigotry!?" Christ would be turning in his grave to hear that! Are you seriously claiming that bigotry and discrimination are consistent with spiritual attainment and maturity?
Jesus was a Jew...homosexuality is an abomination according to the Torah... Your homosexual or pro-homosexual bigotry is showing in your intolerance to those of us who adhere to the moral codes of the Abrahamic religion...

Rick O'Shez

... to the moral codes of the Abrahamic religion...

Do you not understand that ancient religious texts need to be understood in their cultural context?

Are you really claiming that somebody who is spiritually mature would indulge in discrimination and bigotry based on race, gender or sexual orientation?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Is being judgmental and hatful a sin against homosexuals, of course it is, in fact its worse than being a homosexual, there is no place in God that is hatful towards anyone.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So you have a monopoly on "real" spirituality? Sure. :rolleyes:
No...that was not implied.... you do not understood what is being said to you....I am not into conceptual pretentiousness about spirit...the real is omnipresent and there for all to realize....those who are into flesh like to think they can serve two masters....spiritual atheists...haha...

Rick O'Shez

No...that was not implied.... you do not understood what is being said to you....I am not into conceptual pretentiousness about spirit...the real is omnipresent and there for all to realize....those who are into flesh like to think they can serve two masters....spiritual atheists...haha...

You're preaching again. It's boring. You see the world through a tiny slit.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Do you not understand that ancient religious texts need to be understood in their cultural context?

Are you really claiming that somebody who is spiritually mature would indulge in discrimination and bigotry based on race, gender or sexual orientation?
Why is it discrimination to live by the sexual moral codes of the Abrahamic religion?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Is being judgmental and hatful a sin against homosexuals, of course it is, in fact its worse than being a homosexual, there is no place in God that is hatful towards anyone.
I have not seen any hate speech against homosexuals on this thread.....or do you think quoting the bible on sexual morality on a thread that poses the question is hateful?

Rick O'Shez

Why is it discrimination to live by the sexual moral codes of the Abrahamic religion?

Because they are discriminatory! Judgemental and petty. Against Christ's teaching. Also because they were written by a bunch of patriarchal homophobic tribesman in the iron age and have no relevance for modern times.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Because they are discriminatory! Judgemental and petty. Against Christ's teaching. Also because they were written by a bunch of patriarchal homophobic tribesman in the iron age and have no relevance for modern times.
I see homosexual bigotry here...your mere mortal judgement against the patriarchs will be shown to be wrong....and where does Jesus teach homosexuality?