• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

JoStories

I have some Quaker friends and sometimes join them for silent worship. In the UK the Quakers supported the introduction of gay marriage, along with a couple of the other more liberal Christian sects. I was quite impressed.
My late cousin was a Quaker. It is one of the most lovely faiths I have researched. His funeral was so beautiful. No sadness, no regret...just love and peace.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
What ancient scripture is there that all agree are 'dark spiritual forces'...occult forces? Please be specific as to which ones. You continue to equate spiritual with God and it need not be that way.
Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism....

I equate God with Nirvana, Tao, Allah, Brahman, etc.....spirit is an invisible aspect of cosmic being...

Last edited:

JoStories

The only spirituality that counts is that on the other side of the concept.... and I know of no atheists whose lives and souls are devoted to realizing it...
Then you live a very narrow life. Did you know that my father was an atheist? Each insult is an insult to his memory. He was one of my the most compassionate and caring persons I have had the pleasure of knowing. How little you understand of others.

JoStories

Why is it discrimination to live by the sexual moral codes of the Abrahamic religion?
IMO, it isn't. However, the discrimination comes when you try to have me live by your moral codes. You are free to believe whatever you wish Ben and be a heterosexual if that is your desire. You are NOT free to tell me I cannot live with my same sex partner and marry her. Or to tell me I am going to hell because of your beliefs.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Bigotry is bigotry, and discrimination is discrimination, no matter how it is dressed up or justified.

If your religion encouraged racism, would you also be racist? Or sexist? There is really no difference, it's all just bigotry and discrimination, horrible immature judgemental stuff.
And very un-spiritual.
Says an atheist.....
1rof1ROFL_zps05e59ced.gif

JoStories

Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism....

I equate God with Nirvana, Tao, Allah, Brahman, etc.....spirit is an invisible aspect of cosmic being...
Books.,..written by men who were incorporating fears of the unknown into their writings. For example, the story of the Fifth Mountain in the Bible. The allegorical tale is about finding the truth and not being waylaid by 'demons like Baal". Surely you know the difference between allegory and truth? Or how about the various occult within Judaism. There are tons. But each is also a story with a moral tale.

JoStories

Actually I do keep my belief's to myself, but I will jump onto anyone who tries to shove their beliefs onto others, that is nothing but poison.
I do not see him trying to force his beliefs on you or anyone. He is expressing his opinions, yes, which I disagree with of course. I do not see him forcing anyone to believe as he does and wonder how it would be that he could force anyone.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls

So now you are trying to equate all religious and spiritual paths with your God. What a ridiculous, arrogant and narrow view.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Books.,..written by men who were incorporating fears of the unknown into their writings. For example, the story of the Fifth Mountain in the Bible. The allegorical tale is about finding the truth and not being waylaid by 'demons like Baal". Surely you know the difference between allegory and truth? Or how about the various occult within Judaism. There are tons. But each is also a story with a moral tale.
And so you want me to take your writing and opinion more seriously than the authors of scripture....hmmmm....:)

Rick O'Shez

And so you want me to take your writing and opinion more seriously than the authors of scripture....hmmmm....:)

Are you seriously trying to justify your bigotry with the writings of a group of iron-age tribesmen who were living in a patriarchal homophobic society? Seriously?

Rick O'Shez

And neither am I....do you consider me victimizing you?

You clearly are victimising gays with your judgemental attitudes and bigotry. I have gay friends who have suffered from such discrimination. Discrimination hurts people.

If your religion advocated racism, would you be racist? Serious question.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Then you live a very narrow life. Did you know that my father was an atheist? Each insult is an insult to his memory. He was one of my the most compassionate and caring persons I have had the pleasure of knowing. How little you understand of others.
My father was an atheist also...and my brother and sister are also....I love them dearly.....

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You clearly are victimising gays with your judgemental attitudes and bigotry. I have gay friends who have suffered from such discrimination. Discrimination hurts people.

If your religion advocated racism, would you be racist? Serious question.
If....I don't deal in hypotheticals....and I certainly do not beat my wife....