• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I normally do...but a public forum discussing the issue is another thing....why are you here expressing your view instead of keeping it to yourself?
Actually I do keep my belief's to myself, but I will jump onto anyone who tries to shove their beliefs onto others, that is nothing but poison.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Actually I do keep my belief's to myself, but I will jump onto anyone who tries to shove their beliefs onto others, that is nothing but poison.
Ok..I see both sides here...the homos and pro-homos trying to impose their false view of the bible position and those that support the Abrahamic moral codes... So are you admitting that the homos and pro-homos are trying to shove their beliefs onto others?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Ok..I see both sides here...the homos and pro-homos trying to impose their false view of the bible position and those that support the Abrahamic moral codes... So are you admitting that the homos and pro-homos are trying to shove their beliefs onto others?
Please don't talk stupid, homo's are who they are, just leave them alone, and worry about your own ridiculers life, for god sake.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Please don't talk stupid, homo's are who they are, just leave them alone, and worry about your own ridiculers life, for god sake.
Ok psychoslice...I do like you and enjoy your perspective on the bigger picture of life...so perhaps I may not be as ridiculous as you think....to be able to agree to disagree is a part of transcending duality...:)

JoStories

Yes... of course there is Satanism, Voodooism, worshiping of nature spirits, etc...but I an pretty sure Jo was using the concept of spiritual in the sense of spiritual ascent.....not descent...

That was, IMO, uncalled for. Do you even know what Voodooism is? It is simply a faith that originated in Haiti and is now is West Africa. They believe in a supreme creator; Bondye...which is derived from the French Bon Dieu-- good God. If you would look into faiths you might learn something. And btw, are you aware that ALL faiths derived form Pagan faiths? The earliest recorded faith was found in Catal Huyuk, which is not spelled quite correctly as I have no translation for that language. The symbol of your Christian 'fish' is arguably from that faith. IMO, your bias is showing.

JoStories

Everyone has a spiritual basis to their existence.....animals included....but atheists who deny this fact ....and who feel their proper purpose in life is to continuously attack those who do believe, are are not considered to be spiritual. That is all, it is not about whether a person is enjoying life and nature or not.. A spiritual atheist is an oxymoron!!!

What makes you think that atheists deny their spirituality? You are falling back on the need to equate spirituality with religion. It need not be that way. Furthermore, why in the world do you think that it is the job of all atheists to attack you? Are you that insecure in your faith that it cannot stand up to scrutiny?

JoStories

I believe Webster's will do.

I don't believe it is possible to find a book that is better than God's word.

I believe the "what if" is totally illogical like saying what if the moon is made of green cheese. All the evidence is to the contrary and is not likely to be reversed.
Snarky remarks will not be addressed.
I, too, believe is it not possible to find a better book than God's word. Of course, God's word can be found in The Teachings of the Buddha, Qu'ran, Tanahk, and so on.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
That was, IMO, uncalled for. Do you even know what Voodooism is? It is simply a faith that originated in Haiti and is now is West Africa. They believe in a supreme creator; Bondye...which is derived from the French Bon Dieu-- good God. If you would look into faiths you might learn something. And btw, are you aware that ALL faiths derived form Pagan faiths? The earliest recorded faith was found in Catal Huyuk, which is not spelled quite correctly as I have no translation for that language. The symbol of your Christian 'fish' is arguably from that faith. IMO, your bias is showing.
Yes Jo....I understand all those things.... All religions are true...but like grades at school....they are not all at the same level...

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
The priest of my parish said in a sermon:
" Nature has already been unfair enough to gays. Why should we be cruel to them too? "
that was a bit inappropriate but
I think that Christianity substantially thinks that nature creates diversity and diversity is not a guilt

I have some Quaker friends and sometimes join them for silent worship. In the UK the Quakers supported the introduction of gay marriage, along with a couple of the other more liberal Christian sects. I was quite impressed.

JoStories

The only proof of things outside of material objectivity, is subjective.. There is enough ancient religious scripture about that all agree there there are dark spiritual forces...occult forces...and there are spiritual forces of light.... I have experienced both subjectively and know first hand which direction my destiny lies... All who do not desire oneness with God will get their wish and experience the eternal conflict between the good and evil forces for as long as it takes for them to wish for a release from the resultant suffering....and seek for the transcendence of duality....
What ancient scripture is there that all agree are 'dark spiritual forces'...occult forces? Please be specific as to which ones. You continue to equate spiritual with God and it need not be that way.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Expressing anger at those who live by the sexual moral code of the Abrahamic religion....

Bigotry is bigotry, and discrimination is discrimination, no matter how it is dressed up or justified.

If your religion encouraged racism, would you also be racist? Or sexist? There is really no difference, it's all just bigotry and discrimination, horrible immature judgemental stuff.
And very un-spiritual.

JoStories

Expressing anger at those who live by the sexual moral code of the Abrahamic religion....
Who is 'expressing anger"? Want to tell me how Fred Phelps is not expressing anger at people with his ridiculous rhetoric? You are free to live by whatever code you like but when you try to tell me how to live MY life, that is when I get angry. You don't get to tell me it is not perfectly fine for me to marry my partner.