• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Draka

Wonder Woman
So what.....the point was that Spiny can't understand why the ancients thought that the male putting his rod into the female hole was the nature intended the respective organs to be used...
Please, men, shoot males of many species, have been sticking their "rods" into any hole they can find that feels good. Vagina and anus feel good. Preferably of the human variety. Hmm, let's think now, there are more heterosexuals than there are homosexuals. Most would probably see that the "average" man was attracted to the female form and wanted to have sex with it and thus, the ones attracted to the male form seemed strange. People become judgmental all the time by just what is "normal" and what isn't. Especially if they are immature or uneducated. Kids will pick on and harass the kid that is different on the playground? Why? Because they are different. "They aren't the same as us...must be something WRONG with them. There are more of us so we must be right and they must be WRONG" That's how stupidity and bigotry and discrimination start. Now, why should anyone try to live their lives by the writings and rules of uneducated and ignorant people who lived so very long ago? Here we are, living in a world with an endless supply of information and experience at the touch of our fingertips and we should know better by now. We should be more enlightened with the knowledge available to us. So many, though, choose to ignore that wealth of information and knowledge in favor of writings which have no bearing on our world as it is today. One has to remain willfully ignorant of the world we actually live in in order to choose to take such uninformed writings as the gospel they claim to be.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Please, men, shoot males of many species, have been sticking their "rods" into any hole they can find that feels good. Vagina and anus feel good. Preferably of the human variety. Hmm, let's think now, there are more heterosexuals than there are homosexuals. Most would probably see that the "average" man was attracted to the female form and wanted to have sex with it and thus, the ones attracted to the male form seemed strange. People become judgmental all the time by just what is "normal" and what isn't. Especially if they are immature or uneducated. Kids will pick on and harass the kid that is different on the playground? Why? Because they are different. "They aren't the same as us...must be something WRONG with them. There are more of us so we must be right and they must be WRONG" That's how stupidity and bigotry and discrimination start. Now, why should anyone try to live their lives by the writings and rules of uneducated and ignorant people who lived so very long ago? Here we are, living in a world with an endless supply of information and experience at the touch of our fingertips and we should know better by now. We should be more enlightened with the knowledge available to us. So many, though, choose to ignore that wealth of information and knowledge in favor of writings which have no bearing on our world as it is today. One has to remain willfully ignorant of the world we actually live in in order to choose to take such uninformed writings as the gospel they claim to be.
Yyukk.....

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
When you think about what is actually going on, all of sex is pretty yuckie. Swapping spit, a focus on things handling urine, all the fluids and juices, sweaty bodies, stained bed sheets...but that's never stopped anyone before.
I think we are drifting off topic...back to the sin or not of gay sex....but then we've flogged that question just about to death...perhaps it is time to agree to disagree......

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I think we are drifting off topic...back to the sin or not of gay sex....but then we've flogged that question just about to death...perhaps it is time to agree to disagree......
Personally, I won't be satisfied until homosexuals are so accepted in society that we don't even have a word or concept for "heterosexual" and "homosexual."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Hell will freeze over before that happens....
Nah. Give it a few more generations. People just won't care, stigmas will vanish, people will experiment, and people will enjoy what they want to enjoy with other consensual adults, and eventually no one will bother to really think about the sex or gender of the person someone is sexually or romantically involved with. We won't be afraid of sex anymore, and we'll embrace it instead of shun it.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Yyukk.....
Was that meant as "yuck" as in icky or "yuk" as in "yuk yuk yuk" Three Stooges laughing? Neither one makes sense in the context of addressing what I said, but curious nonetheless.

I've made two comprehensive posts in the last couple pages, the former being a concise list of points, and you choose to just address the latter with "Yyukk"? My points laid out in the former post address your concept of sin. It completely makes no sense. Unless you want to suggest that the god which designed/created us is a different god than that which is making up rules to live by. Being the same god would make no logical sense if you want to maintain the idea of sin in regards to homosexuality.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Was that meant as "yuck" as in icky or "yuk" as in "yuk yuk yuk" Three Stooges laughing? Neither one makes sense in the context of addressing what I said, but curious nonetheless.

I've made two comprehensive posts in the last couple pages, the former being a concise list of points, and you choose to just address the latter with "Yyukk"? My points laid out in the former post address your concept of sin. It completely makes no sense. Unless you want to suggest that the god which designed/created us is a different god than that which is making up rules to live by. Being the same god would make no logical sense if you want to maintain the idea of sin in regards to homosexuality.
It was meant to represent my dislike of the topic and content of your post....the thread title is "Is being gay a sin according to your religion?"... I say it is and posted the relevant passages that support that conclusion....you say it isn't and have posted lots of stuff that I do not consider persuasive. What more is there to say?

Draka

Wonder Woman
It was meant to represent my dislike of the topic and content of your post....the thread title is "Is being gay a sin according to your religion?"... I say it is and posted the relevant passages that support that conclusion....you say it isn't and have posted lots of stuff that I do not consider persuasive. What more is there to say?
The "dislike of the topic and content" of the post? You do realize I was simply responding in kind to your post right? You referred to a man sticking his "rod" into a woman. You went there. So you can refer to sex but I can't? It's okay for you but not for me? Or do you find the analysis of how discrimination and bigotry comes about as distasteful? I'm so sorry that logic, reasoning, and facts are distasteful to you. That reality is not enough to persuade you. I suppose not all are capable of comprehension at certain levels of discourse. Blessings to you that you may understand, at some point in life, what is clearly beyond your ken now.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The "dislike of the topic and content" of the post? You do realize I was simply responding in kind to your post right? You referred to a man sticking his "rod" into a woman. You went there. So you can refer to sex but I can't? It's okay for you but not for me? Or do you find the analysis of how discrimination and bigotry comes about as distasteful? I'm so sorry that logic, reasoning, and facts are distasteful to you. That reality is not enough to persuade you. I suppose not all are capable of comprehension at certain levels of discourse. Blessings to you that you may understand, at some point in life, what is clearly beyond your ken now.
I acknowledge I did say that, but it was in the context of explaining to Taylor Seraphim where I was coming from wrt Spiny's not understanding why the ancients thought male female sex was the natural way of using their respective genitalia...

Draka

Wonder Woman
I acknowledge I did say that, but it was in the context of explaining to Taylor Seraphim where I was coming from wrt Spiny's not understanding why the ancients thought male female sex was the natural way of using their respective genitalia...
Thinking a particular way of having sex is the "natural" way of using their genitals still would not account for claiming a god would punish those who did differently. That has ignorance and discrimination written all over it, hate and fear as well. It was something they personally judged upon and wrote into their scripture. Honestly, the idea of a creator god does not work alongside the idea of a god who punishes its own creation for how they were created to be. I understand you probably still don't comprehend that logic, but there it is anyway.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Thinking a particular way of having sex is the "natural" way of using their genitals still would not account for claiming a god would punish those who did differently. That has ignorance and discrimination written all over it, hate and fear as well. It was something they personally judged upon and wrote into their scripture. Honestly, the idea of a creator god does not work alongside the idea of a god who punishes its own creation for how they were created to be. I understand you probably still don't comprehend that logic, but there it is anyway.
But that was not Spiny's point, he doesn't understand why they would not just naturally include the LGBT options of using them....

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It really sickens me to hear religions say they don't like this or that, don't they have anything positive to say, why are they always so negative, it does sicken me, and I would truly hate to be in any heaven that they believe in.

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
Yes we can, - and will.

Just as with women's rights, slavery, etc., - religious dogma eventually gets kicked to the curb where it belongs, - and human rights come into play.

Not exactly. Religious beliefs will (the vast majority of the time) play a role in what people think about these issues. They always have.