• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is feminism still needed in the U.S.

Alceste

Vagabond
By all means tell me what would I gain.

The subjects were women in trouble. i am saying: organizations pro women rights= very good.

"Feminism" getting unpopular due to stupid brand name and problematic.

Are any of those videos about how the name feminism is any help or are they about we needing institutions and action pro women rights? Because I am all for those.

You would gain a small amount of credibility in debates about feminism, because you would have a better understanding of what it is and why it exists.

Me Myself

Back to my username
You would gain a small amount of credibility in debates about feminism, because you would have a better understanding of what it is and why it exists.

It is a terribly named concept that talks about gender equality and tries to end injustice towards women.

We disagree in the terribly named part but we agree on the rest. Will those videos change my perspective about the name?

That is what we are talking about. If feminism died tomorrow, people would still fight for women's rights, just under a new name or flag.

Hopefully one that by correct branding would even be way more efficient and would easily garner more support.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I had hoped this thread would have an actual intelligent debate here.

The closest I personally got was with Revoltingest. Otherwise, we got some dudes arguing over what sexy women look like, that feminists look gross, and that if I call that shallow, that I'm called shallow for saying so. Seriously, my kids stopped doing that when they were 7.

Talk about a disappointing thread. Instead of actually talking about if feminism is needed in the U.S., we got a dude admitting he's just trolling and a couple others who think that's okay.

I give props to Rev for providing at least something from the other side of the debate.

I wouldn't mind seeing a feminist DIR either. These kinds of threads are getting old really fast.

Alceste

Vagabond
I had hoped this thread would have an actual intelligent debate here.

The closest I personally got was with Revoltingest. Otherwise, we got some dudes arguing over what sexy women look like, that feminists look gross, and that if I call that shallow, that I'm called shallow for saying so. Seriously, my kids stopped doing that when they were 7.

Talk about a disappointing thread. Instead of actually talking about if feminism is needed in the U.S., we got a dude admitting he's just trolling and a couple others who think that's okay.

I give props to Rev for providing at least something from the other side of the debate.

I wouldn't mind seeing a feminist DIR either. These kinds of threads are getting old really fast.

While we're waiting, we should go into all the threads about men having ideas and refuse to comment on anything other than how they look and dress and whether or not we would bang them.

Pagan_Patriot

Lol. Ok. Is there some sort of feminist code book or constitution or something? Because id there isn't then it'll end up like Occupy Wallstreet, where people some with their own weird agendas and ruin the whole movement.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I was surprised to see another so soon after the last. (I knew it would go the same way.)
A DIR might pose tough access control, since many who identify as not feminist would share your values.
Note: I'm far more on your side than the other side.

Titanic

Yeah, but the reason they at not already equal is patriarchy. So you wish patriarchy did not exist.

I got my word's mixed up. Sorry about that. If women were already equal then there would be no need for feminism. But I know there is a reason for feminism.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I was surprised to see another so soon after the last. (I knew it would go the same way.)
A DIR might pose tough access control, since many who identify as not feminist would share your values.
Note: I'm far more on your side than the other side.

It would be nice to discuss topics about feminism - like what is being done about FGM, trafficking, fair wages, VAWA, etc. - without constantly having to define over and over and over and over again what feminism actually is in the first place. Much less have to defend its very existence.