• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is feminism still needed in the U.S.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I couldn't agree more.Including some men are better at than their wives as SAHP. And they enjoy it and find it fulfilling.But the stereotypes are alive and well that women are 'naturally" better at nurturing children and domestic duties.Including we are supposedly naturally loving more so than a man.Hes naturally more respectful than a woman.We are supposedly better "multi taskers" too.Its just a fact.

Its the same guys that claim feminist aren't really interested in equality that insist men and women are SOOOO innately different . To the extent in a nutshell we are "better at" nurturing children and all things domestic that COMPLAIN that women are more frequently awarded custody in family court! And the claim is "just because' she is a woman.

I'm like dudes PICK one! You cant have BOTH.Either women by NATURE are better at nurturing and naturally more loving which is what CHILDREN need or we aren't. Because if we ARE and the JUDGE's believe you why WOULDN'T women be getting custody more often?

They are shooting themselves in their own foot by insisting we are THAT different trying to protect their "masculinity".

I was recently lurking on a forum where the men (and some women) were in an uproar over some commercial.The "negative' stereotype.

It went something like this.The man was portrayed as a slovenly lazy husband burping and farting lying on the couch .(you know the stereotype). The wife of course was cleaning up and was perfectly put together .(I can remember the appliance) but then she plugged it in she had a fantasy.Her husband /taking care of their child/baking/ cleaning the house/painting the kitchen /Oh and lol paying the flute.

Here is what i noticed.Not just the men were ****** he was portrayed as a useless slob.One man took issue that the wife's "dream husband" was being portrayed as doing things "for her" to please her and not "admirable' things on top of that.

This same guy hates feminism .He believes the court systems are corrupted and discriminate against men in divorce and child custody.EXPECTS feminist to get on board in making the system more equal.But then there you have it.A husband taking care of HIS children /cleaning HIS house/ taking care of his house /cooking /(home making) was "for " his wife and not an admirable thing for a man to do?

Like they turned the man into a "woman" doing feminine things to make him a good husband and father.Stripping him of his "masculinity" I presume.

Balking at the slob stereotype (how DARE they portray a man like that!) then reinforcing another one!(raising kids and taking care of home is woman's work).

Doesn't that put a feminist between a rock and a hard place?As far as sympathizing ?Or what to do about it?

Feminism is not one single thing anyways, so if you just get the worst out of every part you will have enough to joyfully hate it fully.

I do think there are bigger tendencies and that biology has something to do with it, but the individuals are far more important than the big tendencies.

Though I heard that children tend to be more empathic when they spend more time with their fathers, precisely because fathers tend to be somewhat less empathic than the mother so they have to do a bit more to find the middle ground.

I found that enterteining :D

dust1n

Zindīq
I think what he is saying is that the being of color and the being of low socioeconomic part are the parts which most sustancially problem them.

Yeah, and black women get paid less then black males... Hispanic women less then Hispanic females... Asian women less then Asian males.... White women less then white males.

So I fail to see how feminism is no longer relevant just because white women get paid more then Hispanic males. It seems like race, socio-economics, AND GENDER, and very relevant factors, not just the former two.

I don't know how you think that's what he was saying when he clearly said:

"Ferminism is a cute term for college ideologues but in the real world it's not applicable anymore."

dust1n

Zindīq
I dont see any reason to devalue such occupations to be honest.

I fail to see how I could even devalue those positions. Of course, servers and assistants work their *** off and are very capable... of doing something other then serving others.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Yeah, and black women get paid less then black males... Hispanic women less then Hispanic females... Asian women less then Asian males.... White women less then white males.

So I fail to see how feminism is no longer relevant just because white women get paid more then Hispanic males. It seems like race, socio-economics, AND GENDER, and very relevant factors, not just the former two.

I don't know how you think that's what he was saying when he clearly said:

"Ferminism is a cute term for college ideologues but in the real world it's not applicable anymore."

Well, I do find it curious that there is a term for "I fight for gender equality" but not a term for "I fight for equality between races".

In that sense, I could understand incredulity towards the term.

That said, I do think there are many fights still needed to be fough for women`s rights.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We are supposedly better "multi taskers" too.Its just a fact.
You would have to bring this up, wouldn't you? Now I must trot out my feminist joke:
The reason women have the reputation for multi-tasking ability is that if a woman talks to her friend on the phone while holding a baby & frying up a mess'o hot dog pennies, there are no deleterious consequences if the pennies overcook a little. But if a man doesn't pay attention to his work, the airplane he's flying will crash, killing hordes of well dressed people.

Its the same guys that claim feminist aren't really interested in equality that insist men and women are SOOOO innately different . To the extent in a nutshell we are "better at" nurturing children and all things domestic that COMPLAIN that women are more frequently awarded custody in family court! And the claim is "just because' she is a woman.
I'm like dudes PICK one! You cant have BOTH.Either women by NATURE are better at nurturing and naturally more loving which is what CHILDREN need or we aren't. Because if we ARE and the JUDGE's believe you why WOULDN'T women be getting custody more often?
The problem is that we guys are not a united front. Name any goofy belief under the Sun, & some of us will believe it, but some of us won't. You're often just hearing different men blathering on about things. The bad news is that this won't get better, ie, we can't get together & decide to believe the same thing. (Even if we did, we'd get it wrong.)

Doesn't that put a feminist between a rock and a hard place?As far as sympathizing ?Or what to do about it?
Feminists are a diverse group too. None of us should expect uniformity in the other group.
The key to inner peace is often just lowering one's expectations.

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq
Well, I do find it curious that there is a term for "I fight for gender equality" but not a term for "I fight for equality between races".

In that sense, I could understand incredulity towards the term.

That said, I do think there are many fights still needed to be fough for women`s rights.

Anti-racism. I'm an anti-racist. There be the term.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
The reason women have the reputation for multi-tasking ability is that if a woman talks to her friend on the phone while holding a baby & frying up a mess'o hot dog pennies, there are no deleterious consequences if the pennies overcook a little. But if a man doesn't pay attention to his work, the airplane he's flying will crash, killing hordes of well dressed people.

BWAHHHH HA Ha ha..............................real funny Mr.

But what happens if she accidentally drops the baby in the frying pan?

dust1n

Zindīq
You would have to bring this up, wouldn't you? Now I must trot out my feminist joke:

I would think dropping a baby would be considered a deleterious consequence.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I would think dropping a baby would be considered a deleterious consequence.
They're pretty durable.
But don't wreck the joke, eh?

BWAHHHH HA Ha ha..............................real funny Mr.
But what happens if she accidentally drops the baby in the frying pan?
Mine turned out OK.
dont+throw+baby+out+with+the+frying+pan.JPG

dust1n

Zindīq
Au contraire! Sprint (or whoever) would sell her a new one, & the economy would boom!

I feel suddenly less bad about all the vandalism I may or may not have been involved with at one point in time. :cool: I pulled us out of the recession, I think.