• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is feminism still needed in the U.S.

Volodya

addressed to MeMyself -

What do you say about the hookers who voluntarily choose the profession, because they do not want to work at Wall Mart?

That is a choice, pure and simple.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I know better than to trust people who prey on weak-minded idiots. Whenever I was strapped for cash I sold pot...

Because they had a tatoo on their forehead that said "I am preying on you" :facepalm:

For someone who believes stupids must be tortured and abused you aint doing a heck of a lot of bright thinking.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Because they had a tatoo on their forehead that said "I am preying on you" :facepalm:

For someone who believes stupids must be tortured and abused you aint doing a heck of a lot of bright thinking.
It's not hard to tell when someone's trying to exploit you for their own purposes. If you need them to have a tattooed forehead you deserve whatever you get.

Me Myself

Back to my username
addressed to MeMyself -

What do you say about the hookers who voluntarily choose the profession, because they do not want to work at Wall Mart?

That is a choice, pure and simple.

If it is somewhere were it is ilegal most of them have a lot of johns beat them up, many times they are raped, ripped off, etc. Arrested, denied further good jobs when they want to get out of those lifes...

They dont tend to do teribly well. Becoming a prostitute in somewhwre were it is ilegal is wayore often than not done without a clear understanding of the consequences. Many times because of the need for quick cash because ey are drug addicts too, which may have happened to begin with because their families were awful.

I believe anyone should have e right to sell services for money as long as they are not hurting anyone by doing so, but doing so ilegally when it comes to prostitution has toomany drawbacks.

Alceste

Vagabond
I know better than to trust people who prey on weak-minded idiots. Whenever I was strapped for cash I sold pot...

Are you saying that makes you a weak-minded idiot? You could have ended up in jail being somebody's girlfriend. Would you have had sympathy for yourself if that had happened, or is your lack of sympathy universal? ;)

Me Myself

Back to my username
It's not hard to tell when someone's trying to exploit you for their own purposes. If you need them to have a tattooed forehead you deserve whatever you get.

How did you come to the wonderful conclusion that people with low emotional intelligence diserve to be victims of intense psychological and physical pain?

Volodya

Whose fault is it that they are drug addicts though?

Anyway, prostitution and brothels should be fully legalised.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Whose fault is it that they are drug addicts though?

Each case will be its own case.

Some start at very early ages iwhich they had no idea what they were putting inside themselves ithe first place and then on they only knew it made them forget that their fathers physically abuse them and their mothers.

Anyway, prostitution and brothels should be fully legalised.
I agree but thar diserves a thread on it's own.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Are you saying that makes you a weak-minded idiot? You could have ended up in jail being somebody's girlfriend. Would you have had sympathy for yourself if that had happened, or is your lack of sympathy universal? ;)
Selling pot to your friends and neighbors with nobody exploiting you and allowing yourself to pimped out by some guy that'll smack you around if you don't have his money are completely different. If I ever got caught selling it would have been my fault entirely; I wouldn't play the victim and blame society or drugs or say I didn't know any better.

Alceste

Vagabond
Selling pot to your friends and neighbors with nobody exploiting you and allowing yourself to pimped out by some guy that'll smack you around if you don't have his money are completely different. If I ever got caught selling it would have been my fault entirely; I wouldn't play the victim and blame society or drugs or say I didn't know any better.

Well good, at least you are consistent. You have no sympathy for anyone anywhere, including yourself. Believe it or not, that makes me feel much better about your last couple pages of statements. :D

Me, I have sympathy for everyone. It's an unavoidable consequence of meditation. I think it would have been better if you did not have to risk going to prison to get by when money was tight.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
How did you come to the wonderful conclusion that people with low emotional intelligence diserve to be victims of intense psychological and physical pain?
If you're stupid enough to believe a pimp when he says he's trying to help you, you definitely deserve whatever happens to you afterwards. The action pretty much speaks for itself.

Alceste

Vagabond
If you're stupid enough to believe a pimp when he says he's trying to help you, you definitely deserve whatever happens to you afterwards. The action pretty much speaks for itself.

That's not how pimps recruit. They don't say "hey, I'm a pimp, want a job selling your body and giving me all the money?" They start out acting like a pretty much normal boyfriend and they get you away from your parents and "groom" you, and they try to get you when you're young. REALLY young.

Me Myself

Back to my username

So if you ended up being someone else's *** in prison raped constantly you would have disrved that too?

Why are you so aggrisve towards "whiners"? Who punished you so severely for expressing feelings or need? What on Earth happened to you?

Alceste

Vagabond
To give you an example, there is a whole village in Mexico who subsist on human trafficking. They send their young men out to neighbouring towns to pick up girls and romance them (as normal boyfriends). The girls are then brought home to "meet the family", at which point they are locked in a basement and repeatedly raped and beaten by various men in the human trafficking ring until they are psychologically broken and compliant. Then they're shipped to the US to work as prostitutes.

Serves them right, I suppose. You have to be stupid to want to meet your boyfriend's family if you are a Mexican girl, right?

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Well good, at least you are consistent. You have no sympathy for anyone anywhere, including yourself. Believe it or not, that makes me feel much better about your last couple pages of statements. :D

Me, I have sympathy for everyone. It's an unavoidable consequence of meditation. I think it would have been better if you did not have to risk going to prison to get by when money was tight.
I didn't "have to" risk anything. I could have gotten a second job or a loan. There are always legal options. I sold pot when money was tight because it was fast money and I'm really good at it. If you know what you're doing, the risk of doing time is minimal. I'm a strong believer in the idea that people who say they break the law out of necessity are just playing the victim, and I refuse to feel sorry for them.