• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God pro-abortion?

You do an awful lot of complaining for someone who allegedly does not care....

So, are you saying you have nothing new to bring to the table?
I am not the least bit surprised.
A bit disappointed, but not the least bit surprised.

Oh well.
Maybe the next one will have something new.
I doubt if I’ll have anything new, only one that brings new things is God, He illuminates things that were previously hidden.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A problem as far as what? The number of them? That it’s murder in “most” cases? Not sure what you mean
Like I said you do not understand them. Late term abortions are very rare. And it is never murder and even by your incorrect definitions it is not 'murder in "most" cases'. Late term abortions are at best 1% of the total number of abortions. They are almost always for medical reasons. A woman getting one to simply get rid of an unwanted pregnancy is exceedingly rare. First off they are rather expensive. If only done to terminate a pregnancy they are not covered by insurance. Most abortion doctors will not perform such abortions.

Abortion In The Third Trimester: A Rare Decision Now In The Political Spotlight

The reason that late term abortions need to be relatively easy to get is because they are practically never abused and this is a time sensitive issue. The life of the mother is often a factor.

So let's quit talking about the rare exceptions please.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is no precise medical or legal definition of “late-term abortion. Its a political construct.
Not exactly true. There is no legal definition of late term abortions, but it usually refers to abortions in the third term and it is clear from context that is what @ElishaElijah was talking about. Lacking a precise term does not mean that a concept cannot be understood.

We Never Know

No Slack
Not exactly true. There is no legal definition of late term abortions, but it usually refers to abortions in the third term and it is clear from context that is what @ElishaElijah was talking about. Lacking a precise term does not mean that a concept cannot be understood.

Its true.

By the way what do you consider late term abortion? After 21 weeks? 20 weeks? 19 weeks?
"The majority of abortions in 2018 took place early in gestation: 92.2% of abortions were performed at ≤13 weeks’ gestation; a smaller number of abortions (6.9%) were performed at 14–20 weeks’ gestation, and even fewer (1.0%) were performed at ≥21 weeks’ gestation"

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Its true.

By the way what do you consider late term abortion? After 21 weeks? 20 weeks? 19 weeks?
"The majority of abortions in 2018 took place early in gestation: 92.2% of abortions were performed at ≤13 weeks’ gestation; a smaller number of abortions (6.9%) were performed at 14–20 weeks’ gestation, and even fewer (1.0%) were performed at ≥21 weeks’ gestation"
I am not the one arguing against abortion or using a poor "later term abortions are bad" argument. But for fun let's use the ≥21 weeks benchmark as a definition. @ElishaElijah tried to claim that most were 'murder'. I disagree with that since doctors do not do such abortions lightly. It is usually a very difficult decision for the pregnant woman since those tend to take place when she fullin intended to have a baby.

I have a very serious Christian sister in-law that had an abortion, not a late term one, but still medically necessary. She had an ectopic pregnancy. Those result in the death of the fetus and if not treated the death of the mother as well. It was not a "choice". There are some extreme abortion laws that would make even that sort of abortion illegal.

Now I can see someone being anti-abortion. I personally do not cheer when they occur and wish that they were not necessary. But I oppose making them illegal. My point here is that using the Bible to argue against abortions is not proper tactic. The Bible does not oppose abortion at all and sometimes allows immoral force abortions. Using the Bible to defends one's anti-abortion beliefs tends to be self defeating.

Like I said you do not understand them. Late term abortions are very rare. And it is never murder and even by your incorrect definitions it is not 'murder in "most" cases'. Late term abortions are at best 1% of the total number of abortions. They are almost always for medical reasons. A woman getting one to simply get rid of an unwanted pregnancy is exceedingly rare. First off they are rather expensive. If only done to terminate a pregnancy they are not covered by insurance. Most abortion doctors will not perform such abortions.

The reason that late term abortions need to be relatively easy to get is because they are practically never abused and this is a time sensitive issue. The life of the mother is often a factor.

So let's quit talking about the rare exceptions please.[/
Like I said you do not understand them. Late term abortions are very rare. And it is never murder and even by your incorrect definitions it is not 'murder in "most" cases'. Late term abortions are at best 1% of the total number of abortions. They are

So let's quit talking about the rare exceptions please.
That would make 8000 or so last year, no big deal according to you

We Never Know

No Slack
I am not the one arguing against abortion or using a poor "later term abortions are bad" argument. But for fun let's use the ≥21 weeks benchmark as a definition. @ElishaElijah tried to claim that most were 'murder'. I disagree with that since doctors do not do such abortions lightly. It is usually a very difficult decision for the pregnant woman since those tend to take place when she fullin intended to have a baby.

I have a very serious Christian sister in-law that had an abortion, not a late term one, but still medically necessary. She had an ectopic pregnancy. Those result in the death of the fetus and if not treated the death of the mother as well. It was not a "choice". There are some extreme abortion laws that would make even that sort of abortion illegal.

Now I can see someone being anti-abortion. I personally do not cheer when they occur and wish that they were not necessary. But I oppose making them illegal. My point here is that using the Bible to argue against abortions is not proper tactic. The Bible does not oppose abortion at all and sometimes allows immoral force abortions. Using the Bible to defends one's anti-abortion beliefs tends to be self defeating.

I ask you what do you consider late term abortion?

You reply "for fun let's use the ≥21 weeks"

My reply to that is.. for fun then 20 weeks and 6 days isn't? What changes the very next day at 21 weeks that makes it that?

Again there is no medical or legal definition. Its a political construct.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I ask you what do you consider late term abortion?

You reply "for fun let's use the ≥21 weeks"

My reply to that is.. for fun then 20 weeks and 6 days isn't? What changes the very next day at 21 weeks that makes it that?

Again there is no medical or legal definition. Its a political construct.
Let's not be unreasonable. If one is unreasonable then communication is not possible.

I will trust the work of actual biblical scholars. You do not seem to understand that one does not have to believe the Bible to be a scholar of it. In fact there are probably very very few biblical scholars that share your beliefs at all. An actual biblical scholar will know that Genesis and Exodus for example are not historical. One cannot deny reality and claim to be a scholar.
What are the names of the Biblical scholars that you trust?

We Never Know

No Slack
Let's not be unreasonable. If one is unreasonable then communication is not possible.

Lol! Im being unreasonable for responding "just for fun" to your "just for fun" reply?

If ≥21 weeks is but 20 weeks and 6 days isn't maybe you might understand why there is no medical or legal definition for it.