• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God pro-abortion?

There is nothing in there about God being prolife. You seem to forget how this God of yours both ordered and performed directly immoral acts of genocide. You are also conflating being "prolife" with being anti-abortion. They are not one and the same. In fact most people that are pro-choice are far more prolife than most anti-abortion people.
God is pro-choice and pro-life, He says to choose life. Abortion as you put it is a curse, life is a blessing. Children are a heritage from the Lord, barrenness was a negative. How backwards our society is.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
God is pro-choice and pro-life, He says to choose life. Abortion as you put it is a curse, life is a blessing. Children are a heritage from the Lord, barrenness was a negative. How backwards our society is.

No, just because a word is used poetically does not make abortion a curse. Context always appears to be your enemy. It is not the wife that wanted the abortion. It was her husband in the case of Numbers 5. To her it would be "a curse".

And life is not always a blessing. But you are right on one point, sort of. Back then barrenness was a negative. Today not so much. People had to rely on their children when they got old so they had far too many because many of them were going to die before they became adults. Today, not so much. We are over populated right now and it is only going to get worse. Today being "pro-life" is actually being "pro-death".

No, just because a word is used poetically does not make abortion a curse. Context always appears to be your enemy. It is not the wife that wanted the abortion. It was her husband in the case of Numbers 5. To her it would be "a curse".

And life is not always a blessing. But you are right on one point, sort of. Back then barrenness was a negative. Today not so much. People had to rely on their children when they got old so they had far too many because many of them were going to die before they became adults. Today, not so much. We are over populated right now and it is only going to get worse. Today being "pro-life" is actually being "pro-death".
Is God pro-abortion ? No, abortion and death is curse. God is pro-choice and says choose life and is pro-life.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Is God pro-abortion ? No, abortion and death is curse. God is pro-choice and says choose life and is pro-life.
You are trying to redefine pro-abortion. If God is pro-choice he is also pro-abortion. And no, death is not a curse, that is mere poetic language. I would suggest that you quit being so literalistic.

You are trying to redefine pro-abortion. If God is pro-choice he is also pro-abortion. And no, death is not a curse, that is mere poetic language. I would suggest that you quit being so literalistic.
Death has always been a curse, God offers a choice as I posted :Life or Death - a choice, God says: choose life - pro- life. Got it?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Death has always been a curse, God offers a choice as I posted :Life or Death - a choice, God says: choose life - pro- life. Got it?
No, death has existed since life began. Let's not bring other myths into the discussion. But it is nice to see that your desperation has driven you to try to win by playing word games.

Interesting how you would so defend a god you flat out say has cursed us...
He is a Just Judge, you have a choice brother, choose life. Thanks to God for this:
“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” “O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?” The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭15:50-57‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

McBell

Admiral Obvious
He is a Just Judge, you have a choice brother, choose life. Thanks to God for this:
“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” “O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?” The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭15:50-57‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Bold empty threats, even delivered as a sermon, do not impress me.

Though I do find it interesting how you defend a god that does not follow its own rules.

I know
I know
It is god, so therefore anything it does is "just" simply for being god....
Which is yet another bit of nonsense that does not impress outside the choir.

Bold empty threats, even delivered as a sermon, do not impress me.

Though I do find it interesting how you defend a god that does not follow its own rules.

I know
I know
It is god, so therefore anything it does is "just" simply for being god....
Which is yet another bit of nonsense that does not impress outside the choir.
Yeah, both thieves on the tree next to Jesus were as you are, one of them repented and went to paradise with Jesus, one didn’t. And yeah Jesus does make bold promises and keeps them just like the Scripture says.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yeah, both thieves on the tree next to Jesus were as you are, one of them repented and went to paradise with Jesus, one didn’t. And yeah Jesus does make bold promises and keeps them just like the Scripture says.
Let's leave the myths associated with the crucifixion out of this. They do not change anything in the Old Testament that has been used to support the claim that God is not anti-abortion.

Let's leave the myths associated with the crucifixion out of this. They do not change anything in the Old Testament that has been used to support the claim that God is not anti-abortion.
Seen as you have consistency, so you claim, are you saying that God has the same abortion policy that we currently have in the US and is in agreement with having an abortion for any reason at any time? If not define what you mean when you say God is pro-abortion? When a nation is judged as totally immoral and wicked that everyone is killed even pregnant mothers? Let me know

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Seen as you have consistency, so you claim, are you saying that God has the same abortion policy that we currently have in the US and is in agreement with having an abortion for any reason at any time? If not define what you mean when you say God is pro-abortion? When a nation is judged as totally immoral and wicked that everyone is killed even pregnant mothers? Let me know
Another sign one's opposition has lost, an attempt to take things to a ridiculous extreme. No one is advocating your God's immoral approach to abortion. Abortion needs to be the choice of the pregnant woman. Not forced upon her.

Another sign one's opposition has lost, an attempt to take things to a ridiculous extreme. No one is advocating your God's immoral approach to abortion. Abortion needs to be the choice of the pregnant woman. Not forced upon her.
You are afraid to clarify? When you say God is pro-abortion, what exactly do you mean? It’s a
Simple question

I’m glad that you agree with me that our current abortion policy is extreme, you’re absolutely correct.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I’m glad that you agree with me that our current abortion policy is extreme, you’re absolutely correct.
Where did you get that from? It appears that you do not even understand current abortion policy since it is nowhere near being extreme.

What country do you live in?