• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Islam Compatible With Western Values?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Thomas was outnumbered 10 : 1 that day they did not attack him for his belief , they had seen with thier own eyes per se.
If you want to play the game stick to narrative
Evolution , Existance of God is very Off topic
You know, I should thank you for illustrating why I find theism so dangerously underchallenged.

SpeaksForTheTrees

So again back to OP narratively
Islam - is the Father figure very strict in his ways it worked for him
Christianity is the mother - She also strict but sometimes she turn a blind eye simply with love

Dad n Mum share a common , values may differ together they should make balanced team , they need each other .

Mohammed is masculine warrior figure without doubt
Jesus was feminine figure , compassion reason healer etc

Who would ever accept Jesus could of been a female , for myself Jesus character is more of my mum than my dad .

SpeaksForTheTrees

Narratively when jesus fed 5000 , the laws of number and human nature fact is at least one homosexual in crowd .
Jesus did not ask each one before they entered " Are you Gay " ? Or would be in bible
The holy prophet feed all without discrimination that day .

Jon916

The praying 5 times a day would be disturbing and already in a recent case, reason to fire a whole bunch of muslim workers. In that respect, no. If they did the same as the Pennsylvania Dutch, Mennonites, etc. and lived in colonies without disturbing the neighbors. Maybe. But who sees them keeping it to themselves?

SpeaksForTheTrees

The praying 5 times a day would be disturbing and already in a recent case, reason to fire a whole bunch of muslim workers. In that respect, no. If they did the same as the Pennsylvania Dutch, Mennonites, etc. and lived in colonies without disturbing the neighbors. Maybe. But who sees them keeping it to themselves?
Sometimes I like to have a crap 5 times a day is a relief is how many times the individual needs to go , we need to go for some will feel like not being able to pass a motion without prayers
I don't pray for stuff just seek reason
Praying is to passing a motion out the box for sure similar relief .

Yerda

Veteran Member
I am not sure the two can be separated.
In the real world it's more complicated than it is on paper but there are variants of Islam that do not encourage religious coercion, the killing of apostates etc. We know there are Muslims communities who believe in government by consent, the education of all, the peaceful co-existence of faiths and so on. Would you agree with this?

eiskalt

Is Islam able to integrate into Europe, Canada, Australia etc, seamlessly? By the way, I'm not talking about the westernised Muslims here, the ones who know a few Qur'anic ayat and not much else. I mean are the values that the Qur'an, Shariah, etc. promote, compatible with Western Values?
Good question but what are "western values"? Tolerance?

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
Is Islam able to integrate into Europe, Canada, Australia etc, seamlessly? By the way, I'm not talking about the westernised Muslims here, the ones who know a few Qur'anic ayat and not much else. I mean are the values that the Qur'an, Shariah, etc. promote, compatible with Western Values?

I think that Islam's teaching regular prayer 5 or 7 times a day is incompatible with Western values if the West is secular.

Jon916

Sometimes I like to have a crap 5 times a day is a relief is how many times the individual needs to go , we need to go for some will feel like not being able to pass a motion without prayers
Crapping 5 times a day wiil also get you notices. Insurance will afraid of some pr exiting condition.

Answer is still no outside of certain areas. Self Segregation will occur.

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork

I like this prayer of David for people who fed him gall (animal feces:)

Psalm 69:21-28
New International Version (NIV)
(21)They put gall in my food
and gave me vinegar for my thirst.
(22)May the table set before them become a snare;
may it become retribution and a trap.
(23)May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see,
and their backs be bent forever.
(24)Pour out your wrath on them;
let your fierce anger overtake them.
(25)May their place be deserted;
let there be no one to dwell in their tents.
(26)For they persecute those you wound
and talk about the pain of those you hurt.
(27)Charge them with crime upon crime;
do not let them share in your salvation.
(28)May they be blotted out of the book of life
and not be listed with the righteous.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Crapping 5 times a day wiil also get you notices. Insurance will afraid of some pr exiting condition.

Answer is still no outside of certain areas. Self Segregation will occur.

Healthy horse as bout 8 a day but way off topic , didn't mean for you to take literal is the relief , need get something off ones chest .
Segregation via midundestandings alone .