• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong to advocate homosexuality as a sin?

Smoke

Done here.
LOVING YOUR NEIGHBOR - they are not allowed to be your neighbor - they weren't allowed to live because if they live they cause the death ( or lack of birth )of many AND THE DESCENDANTS OF JACOB WHO WERE GIVEN THESE LAWS HAD ALREADY AGREED TO FOLLOW THEM KNOWING THE CONSEQUENCES IF THEY DIDN'T - it was a contractual agreement
Okay, now we get to the heart of the matter. Your nonsensical rambling about the supposed health benefits for following your religious teachings on sex has nothing to do with health and everything to do with trying to rationalize your religious teachings. Disgusting. If people are having non-reproductive, they must be killed for not having descendants? How does that solve the "problem" of their not having descendants?

There was, of course, no "contractual agreement," either. Saying it's acceptable to kill somebody because his ancestors have (supposedly) agreed to follow a set of religious taboos is ridiculous, and only shows the depths to which you must descend to try to justify your hateful and barbaric religious beliefs.

Smoke

Done here.
animal + human in a sexual act and masturbation are both prohibited in scripture and we are speaking of Biblical teaching about our sex lives
No, you were speaking about supposed health risks. If you just wanted to talk about what the Bible says, you should have stuck to the Bible. Now that you've been caught in a barefaced lie about masturbation, you try to change the subject. Maybe your religion should concentrate less on sex and more on basic concepts like honesty.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
homosexuality is harmful to the health and so is lesbianism and so is having sexual ralations with animals and so is masturbation
You are aware, that for men, that ejaculation, either through sex or masturbation, reduces the chances of prostate cancer? That simply means, no sex and no masturbation is actually rather harmful.
For both genders, no sexual gratification is unhealthy. Sex or masturbation are both equally good for gratifying yourself.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
check your facts ( American Cancer Society website )

you cannot separate Bible from HEALTH - that is what it's about

Actually that would be your job. You made two assertions that we believe are factually false. (You do realize that bearing false witness is a sin, right?) One is that masturbation is unhealthy. This is irrelevant, but still false. The second is that lesbianism is unhealthy. This is both false and slanderous. How would you like it if I told lies about you, elisheba? Now here are your choices:

Support your assertions.
Retract your assertions.
Lose any hope you might ever have of any credibility in this forum.

Take your pick.

Jeremiah

I dont know about the health side of it, but i find it creepy and pervish. If you are so desperate to have sex that you yank on your "Thing thing" (I dont feel like saying it at the time) I say nymphomaniac, you say healthy. fine with me for other people to do it, but ummm.... I would rather have a good laugh, or *gasp* go out on a date!

That is just stupid; It has nothing to do with nymphomania, desperation, or finding a date. Everyone masturbates, Shortfade2, even you masturbate. What is unhealthy and unnatural is treating responsible sex or sexual indulgence as a taboo.

elisheba

You have already told lies.
Your tone is negative and spiteful, like a little child. I suggest you think about self-control in speech. It makes everything you stand for look bad - your people,your race, your parents, your ancestors.
In past decades when there was more discipline in people's sex-lives there were more accomplishments and advances in society. Energy just goes elsewhere.
I gave you the best source.
Besides that, I am a certified HIV counselor and have worked with and for homosexuals for over 30 years. I know what I'm talking about. I want people to consider changing their lifestyle which is hurting them and others.

This is a religious website.
The 3 major religions of the world are against homosexuality,bestiality,lesbianism,masturbation.
The religion that approves of fornication and has it as a sacrament is satanism.

So, if you don't like me talking about the Bible on a religious website - why are you promoting satanist activities ?

Kerr

In past decades when there was more discipline in people's sex-lives there were more accomplishments and advances in society. Energy just goes elsewhere.
If you look at our society it is advancing faster and faster, even though we may not have the self-diceplin we used to have (to be honest I do not know if this is true or false, but I will assume it is true for now, for the sake of the argument). So I doubt that is how it works.
Besides that, I am a certified HIV counselor and have worked with and for homosexuals for over 30 years. I know what I'm talking about. I want people to consider changing their lifestyle which is hurting them and others.
Actually it is not a matter of just changing lifestyle, it has to do with a simple choice. Be true to yourself or deny who you are. The second option is not healthy at all, and refusing to accept ones homosexuality as something, in lack of better words, natural falls under that category. Physical health is not the only health that matters, and to be honest homosexuality is not that "dangerous"... just as dangerous as hetrosexuality.

The 3 major religions of the world are against homosexuality,bestiality,lesbianism,masturbation.
The religion that approves of fornication and has it as a sacrament is satanism.
Which would tell a lot of those religions. No religion is perfect. No one is all good or all bad. In this case I would say those 3 major religions are wrong... if that is what they stand for (I do not know enough to tell if they do or not, lol).

So, if you don't like me talking about the Bible on a religious website - why are you promoting satanist activities ?
We are not, because homosexuality is not a satanistic activity, or have anything to do with satanism for that matter ;).

Last edited:

Jeremiah

Your tone is negative and spiteful, like a little child. I suggest you think about self-control in speech. It makes everything you stand for look bad - your people,your race, your parents, your ancestors.

"Your tone is negative and spiteful, like a little child. I suggest you think about self-control in speech."

It is not very fun to be ostracized is it? Well then, if you have any respect for your religion then you better think about the negativity you reflect onto it with your prejudice. People like you not only spread prejudice against homosexuals but also proliferate animosity towards religion and the Bible.

"The 3 major religions of the world are against "

Since when do you speak for all followers of the three Abrahamic religions?

Last edited:

shortfade2

That is just stupid; It has nothing to do with nymphomania, desperation, or finding a date. Everyone masturbates, Shortfade2, even you masturbate. What is unhealthy and unnatural is treating responsible sex or sexual indulgence as a taboo.

I do? really, you shouldnt make accusations like this, especially without knowing me at all. Seriously, how do you know what I do and dont do? (wow what a mouthfull) I do not masturbate, and I dont want to.

Jeremiah

I do? really, you shouldnt make accusations like this, especially without knowing me at all. Seriously, how do you know what I do and dont do? (wow what a mouthfull) I do not masturbate, and I dont want to.

" I dont want to"

Liar. I bet your thinking about masturbating right now.

J Bryson

Where?

Her people? Her race? Her parents? Her ancestors? As we have no idea who any of these people are, how could she possibly be making them look bad?

That's simply not the case. Even looking at it solely from a technological point of view, the advances in the twentieth century far outpaced the previous several centuries combined. This was the same century in which various sexual and moral rules were relaxed on both a social and legal level. During the Victorian era, scientific advancement was limited. Post-Freud, we made it to the moon.

The Bible? What "evidence" you showed from scientific sources was taken out of context, and easily refuted by more than one person in this thread.

I'm truly sorry to say this, as I try to give people the benefit of the doubt: I simply don't believe that you are a certified HIV counselor. Your lack of scientific knowledge about the most basic elements of human sexuality leads me beyond skepticism regarding your credentials into utter disbelief regarding anything that you say.

Depends on the denomination. Most mainstream Christian churches and Reform Judaism don't have an issue with masturbation or homosexuality. I can't speak to various schools of Islamic thought due to my unfamiliarity with the belief system.

Also certain Buddhist and Hindu sects. Or are those not "major" enough for you?

Strawman. Not worthy of further response.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Really? Please cite a single one.
Please provide an example. What kind of example do you think it makes when you say bad things about other groups that are not true?
Baloney.
For your assertion that child-bearing leads to a longer lifespan? Sorry, I must have missed it. Could you provide it again? Thanks.
Then I'm sure you're well aware that lesbians have the lowest HIV rate of any group. Yet somehow you failed to mention that fact. I wonder why?

Wrong again.
What on earth has that to do with your false assertions about health effects? Or whether they're right?
O.K. What relevance does that have to this discussion?

Are you talking to me? What on earth Satanist activity are you talking about? Are you delusional? Did I discourage you from talking about the Bible? On the contrary, I love talking about the Bible. For example, the interesting but rarely mentioned fact that it does not prohibit lesbianism. I think that's darned interesting.

Amill

Apikoros
I dont know about the health side of it, but i find it creepy and pervish. If you are so desperate to have sex that you yank on your "Thing thing" (I dont feel like saying it at the time) I say nymphomaniac, you say healthy. fine with me for other people to do it, but ummm.... I would rather have a good laugh, or *gasp* go out on a date!

It's not like someone who masturbates chooses to do so instead of going to the theater or going out on a date lol. I know that if I had the choice between staying home and masturbating...to going out with some friends or going on a date with a girl, I'll choose to go out. And saying that masturbaters are just desperate for sex is like calling out people who eat snacks for being pathetic and just desperate to eat food, instead of just waiting for the normal meal.

It does relieve stress, it is relaxing, you aren't automatically addicted to doing it, and it is healthy to replenish sperm anyways, making you more likely to be successful at getting a woman pregnant(not always a good thing).

Last edited:

Smoke

Done here.
Then point them out.

I can't say the same. I don't judge your people, your race, your parents and your ancestors by your reprehensible behavior. Just you. And yes, I'm negative about what you are doing, and I despise it.

Document that.

You gave a source for a single one of your assertions. Where are your sources for the rest of them?

In that case, the standards of whatever body certified you are deplorably low, and so are the standards of whatever organization employs you. You are demonstrably unfit to counsel anyone on health issues related to sex, and unfit to counsel gay people about anything whatsoever.

This is a website about religion.

So what? No one is under any obligation to conform his life to the teachings of Christianity, Islam, or Hinduism, and I suspect that in many respects you disregard the teachings of at least two of those yourself.

I am not promoting satanist activities -- not that Satanism is any worse than the hateful lies you tell; in fact, from what I know of it, I'd guess the average Satanist is more moral than you are.

Further, if I wanted to promote Satanist activities, that would be well within the scope of this website.

But I don't dislike you talking about the Bible. I dislike you making false claims about health and sexuality and then, when confronted about your lies, you have to hide behind the Bible. If you were telling the truth, you'd be able to produce scientific studies to back you up.

I have encountered all manner of religious fanaticism in my life, but such obstinate ignorance, such barefaced dishonesty as you have exhibited here is unusual even among the rankest bigots and blindest fanatics. How is that those of you have a direct pipeline to God have such horrible difficulty telling the truth? Do you hope your god will reward you for being such a faithful and determined liar?

Last edited:

Smoke

Done here.
Wow. You actually cant accept the fact that people are differant than you, and dont need sex/masturbation. Laughter is much better.
Some men do have an abnormally low sex drive and/or erectile dysfunction. This can result from abnormally low testosterone and may be accompanied by other symptoms, some of which can be serious. If you seriously have no sex drive, you should consider seeing a doctor.