• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong to advocate homosexuality as a sin?

Mr Cheese

Satan told JESUS to turn stone into bread ------ that didn't make him a christian now did it?

there's no arguing with "logic" like this

:facepalm:

frubals to zorro....

when it comes to the haters here, I think its cool hand luke time:

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Christian are as christian do. If the fruits of the SPIRIT do not shine forth and they (supposed "christian") are providing advice ------- don't take their word as gospel...

Uh, O.K. How does this relate to the subject at hand?

What I'm getting is, if someone is claiming to be a Christian but preaching hate and intolerance, I should realize that they're not? Is that it?

LittleNipper

So, LN, you told us that a bigot is someone who does not base his views on the research. The research makes it clear that same-sex parenting is not detrimental to children. So, are you a bigot, or do you agree that same-sex parenting is not detrimental to children?

If that research simply tosses out all previous research and goes against common sense, that research is tainted. Of course a child raised in a home where there are two loving parents ---- both mother and father, they are going to have an advantage over those raised by parents who hate each other (even a mother & father). Children raised in a broken home will have an advantage over those without a home. Yet, if a child is being loved and cared for by strangers, it may not be as good as where a child is being loved and cared for with ones own mother or father's observation.

Same sex parenting does in no way mean that a child will have an advantage over that of combined mother & father in a loving and respectful relationship. In each case the research; to be fair, must be entirely honest and measure apple for apple.

That means one would have to view the selected children's progression from birth to the grave. I cannot imagine that, 'Wait until you father gets home!' would fly with the teen of two lesbian lovers (married or otherwise). Neither does, ' Do what I say and not as I do,' work under any set of circumstances.

LittleNipper

Uh, O.K. How does this relate to the subject at hand?

What I'm getting is, if someone is claiming to be a Christian but preaching hate and intolerance, I should realize that they're not? Is that it?

Love the sinner but hate sin... Ever hear of hard love? Intolerant, should never be applied to people who are not tolerant of what they know to be wrong. I am not tolerant of rape. I'm not tolerant of murder. I'm not tolerant of men having sex with boys. I make no apology of selective intolerance. However, I'm intolerant of actions and not people.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
If that research simply tosses out all previous research and goes against common sense, that research is tainted.
What makes you think it does any of those things? Have you read it? Have you read about it? Do you know anything about it? It doesn't toss out all previous research. Common sense has nothing to do with it. In fact, you could even say that the purpose of science is to test what we think of as "common sense."
Of course a child raised in a home where there are two loving parents ---- both mother and father, they are going to have an advantage over those raised by parents who hate each other (even a mother & father).
True and irrelevant.
Children raised in a broken home will have an advantage over those without a home.
True and irrelevant.
Yet, if a child is being loved and cared for by strangers, it may not be as good as where a child is being loved and cared for with ones own mother or father's observation.
True and irrelevant.
Same sex parenting does in no way mean that a child will have an advantage over that of combined mother & father in a loving and respectful relationship. In each case the research; to be fair, must be entirely honest and measure apple for apple.
Yup. That's what they did. And they found no measurable difference.

That means one would have to view the selected children's progression from birth to the grave. I cannot imagine that, 'Wait until you father gets home!' would fly with the teen of two lesbian lovers (married or otherwise). Neither does, ' Do what I say and not as I do,' work under any set of circumstances.
Well, all the way to the grave would take an awful long time. They look at children from infancy to young adulthood, and so far have found only minor differences. Children from same-sex families tend to be more open to differences; that's about it.

Now did you want to answer my question? Bigotry, or acceptance of reality, LN, which is it for you?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Love the sinner but hate sin... Ever hear of hard love? Intolerant, should never be applied to people who are not tolerant of what they know to be wrong. I am not tolerant of rape. I'm not tolerant of murder. I'm not tolerant of men having sex with boys. I make no apology of selective intolerance. However, I'm intolerant of actions and not people.

I still have no idea what your point is or what you're going on about or what it has to do with this thread. Why are you talking about murder? We were talking about gay parenting, and same-sex love in general. Try to follow along.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I think this is going too far. There are down sides to anything. Your family is different, and you may get teased about that, depending where you live. If you're not the same sex as your parents, you could have some logistical difficulties, like at the pool. You might not have the appropriate parent for e.g. a father/son weekend, stuff like that.
Yeah. I was looking solely at just the parenting issues. No doubt many kids are picked on if they have gay parents.

LittleNipper

I still have no idea what your point is or what you're going on about or what it has to do with this thread. Why are you talking about murder? We were talking about gay parenting, and same-sex love in general. Try to follow along.

And I would say that you have mixed up love with sex, and may confuse the children you and a man ---or maybe 3 different men (apart from your "significant other") decided to procreate (in whole or in part).

Sex has nothing to do with love, but has everything to do with procreation. If you don't understand that, how could you possibly teach that to your children? How can you teach you children not to resent men or that they need to respect men? How can you present responsible sex? How can you teach a daughter not to be anymore afraid of men than she is of women or visa versa ----- a boy meeting a woman? How can you say to your children, 'I love you all just as much if not more than I love my significant other,' yet need no sexual relationship with you? See the dilemma?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
And I would say that you have mixed up love with sex, and may confuse the children you and a man ---or maybe 3 different men (apart from your "significant other") decided to procreate (in whole or in part).
What on earth makes you think that Gay and Lesbian people have confused love with sex? Gay and Lesbian people are no more sexual and no less loving than heterosexual people. The only difference is, they are both of these things with someone of the same sex.

Sex has nothing to do with love, but has everything to do with procreation.
Well, I'm not sure I completely agree. Sex may not have to do with love, or it may, which is much better. If you don't think that sex can be an expression of love, I feel very sorry for anyone you're having sex with.
If you don't understand that, how could you possibly teach that to your children?
What on earth does any of this have to do with same-sex parenting? Maybe you're confused about what homosexuality is exactly? It doesn't mean anything about how you regard procreation or anything else. It means that your core intimate relationship is with a person of the same sex, that's all.
How can you teach you children not to resent men or that they need to respect men?
easily.
How can you present responsible sex?
Very well, thank you, better than most heterosexuals. I am in a great position to explain that no one should have sexual intercourse without considering the ramifications and being ready to parent a child.
How can you teach a daughter not to be anymore afraid of men than she is of women or visa versa ----- a boy meeting a woman? How can you say to your children, 'I love you all just as much if not more than I love my significant other,' yet need no sexual relationship with you? See the dilemma?
Not at all. Are you married? Do you have children? How old are you? You seem very confused. Why would a homosexual be any more likely to have a sexual relationship with their children than a heterosexual? Why does your mind even go there? What is wrong with you?

Maybe you need to stop and think about just what your position is, and why.

Now, as I was saying. You said. YOU. Not me, you. You said that bigot was someone who does not base their position on research. The research says gay parenting is just fine. So, do you base your position on research, or are you, ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN STANDARD, a bigot?

Kerr

Sex has nothing to do with love, but has everything to do with procreation. If you don't understand that, how could you possibly teach that to your children? How can you teach you children not to resent men or that they need to respect men? How can you present responsible sex? How can you teach a daughter not to be anymore afraid of men than she is of women or visa versa ----- a boy meeting a woman? How can you say to your children, 'I love you all just as much if not more than I love my significant other,' yet need no sexual relationship with you? See the dilemma?
That may be how you look at it, but to some of us sex is more connected with love then having children.

And to be picky, there is a lot of details in there that needs to be corrected. For example there are many levels and aspects of love. The love to a significant other is not the same as the love between a parent and a child. So basically, the dilemma does not exist.

Last edited:

LittleNipper

What on earth makes you think that Gay and Lesbian people have confused love with sex? Gay and Lesbian people are no more sexual and no less loving than heterosexual people. The only difference is, they are both of these things with someone of the same sex.

Well, I'm not sure I completely agree. Sex may not have to do with love, or it may, which is much better. If you don't think that sex can be an expression of love, I feel very sorry for anyone you're having sex with. What on earth does any of this have to do with same-sex parenting? Maybe you're confused about what homosexuality is exactly? It doesn't mean anything about how you regard procreation or anything else. It means that your core intimate relationship is with a person of the same sex, that's all. easily. Very well, thank you, better than most heterosexuals. I am in a great position to explain that no one should have sexual intercourse without considering the ramifications and being ready to parent a child. Not at all. Are you married? Do you have children? How old are you? You seem very confused. Why would a homosexual be any more likely to have a sexual relationship with their children than a heterosexual? Why does your mind even go there? What is wrong with you?

Now, as I was saying. You said. YOU. Not me, you. You said that bigot was someone who does not base their position on research. The research says gay parenting is just fine. So, do you base your position on research, or are you, ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN STANDARD, a bigot?

They would not contemplate marrige to the same sex. They would not have sex with the same sex. And they would understand that the main purpose for marriage is so couples could join in a sexual experience to have children and raise them together as a Father and Mother ---- Husban and Wife environment.

You are going to do what ever you wish. Don't listen to Natural or Biblical logic.

LittleNipper

Well, I'm not sure I completely agree. Sex may not have to do with love, or it may, which is much better. If you don't think that sex can be an expression of love, I feel very sorry for anyone you're having sex with. What on earth does any of this have to do with same-sex parenting? Maybe you're confused about what homosexuality is exactly? It doesn't mean anything about how you regard procreation or anything else. It means that your core intimate relationship is with a person of the same sex, that's all. easily. Very well, thank you, better than most heterosexuals. I am in a great position to explain that no one should have sexual intercourse without considering the ramifications and being ready to parent a child. Not at all. Are you married? Do you have children? How old are you? You seem very confused. Why would a homosexual be any more likely to have a sexual relationship with their children than a heterosexual? Why does your mind even go there? What is wrong with you?

So you believe you are better than most heterosexuals. Are you better than most homosexuals, or is that just your bias showing through?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
They would not contemplate marrige to the same sex.
Who wouldn't?
They would not have sex with the same sex.
Who wouldn't?
And they would understand that the main purpose for marriage is so couples could join in a sexual experience to have children and raise them together as a Father and Mother ---- Husban and Wife environment.
1. Who would?
2. Who says that's the main purpose of marriage?
3. Why are we talking about marriage anyway? I thought we were talking about same-sex parenting, or possibly homosexuality.

You are going to do what ever you wish. Don't listen to Natural or Biblical logic.
Don't be silly, why would I listen to "biblical logic," whatever that is (oxymoron?), I'm an atheist. As for "Natural logic," I don't know what you mean, or how that's different from ordinary logic. As for regular old logic, you haven't presented any yet.

So, as I was asking, LittleNipper, are you going to base your opinion on the research, or are you going to choose to remain, under your own definition, a bigot?

Last edited:

Kerr

They would not contemplate marrige to the same sex. They would not have sex with the same sex. And they would understand that the main purpose for marriage is so couples could join in a sexual experience to have children and raise them together as a Father and Mother ---- Husban and Wife environment.

That children growing up with two married parents of different sexes does not mean they will regard sex or sex with someone of the same sex as something bad. Nor does it mean they will agree with that perspective on marriage. There are far too many other factors for that to happen, such as the values the parents teach their children and so on.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Oh, was LN talking about children of heterosexuals? He's trying to say they wouldn't consider same-sex marriage?!?:biglaugh: Who does he think raised all those gay people who want to marry each other, if not heterosexuals?

EverChanging

How can you teach a daughter not to be anymore afraid of men than she is of women or visa versa ----- a boy meeting a woman? How can you say to your children, 'I love you all just as much if not more than I love my significant other,' yet need no sexual relationship with you? See the dilemma?

Wow....I am truly disturbed by that comment.