• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is prostitution "immoral"?

CynthiaCypher

To debate the absurdity of the arguments presented. Honestly, it's one thing to to just say that perhaps your religion is against something and therefore, as per your religious instruction, it is immoral. It's quite another to provide really bad reasoning like "the woman is always sexually exploited" or "men have a biological need to have lots of sex and women don't" and other such inane arguments. :facepalm:

Uh-huh. Since you like to ask hypothetical question I would like to ask one myself.

Is being a hit-woman for a Mexican drug cartel immoral? I mean if you are fully aware of what you are doing and take precautions to not get caught or killed is there anything really bad with it as long you only kill bad people and not innocent people? I mean killing bad people can't be that immoral can it? It's like taking out the trash.

Afterall, such things as "morality" are highly subjective.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Uh-huh. Since you like to ask hypothetical question I would like to ask one myself.

Is being a hit-woman for a Mexican drug cartel immoral? I mean if you are fully aware of what you are doing and take precautions to not get caught or killed is there anything really bad with it as long you only kill bad people and not innocent people? I mean killing bad people can't be that immoral can it? It's like taking out the trash.

Are you seriously that desperate or do you honestly not know the difference between having sex and committing murder?

CynthiaCypher

Are you seriously that desperate or do you honestly not know the difference between having sex and committing murder?

Using the same tactic you used comparing working at Mickey D's to prostitution, so you can't honestly tell the difference between fast food worker and a prostitute or are you just a blatant hypocrite?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Using the same tactic you used comparing working at Mickey D's to prostitution, so you can't honestly tell the difference between fast food worker and a prostitute or are you just a blatant hypocrite?
it is not my fault that your argument for prostitution being exploitation works equally as well for fast food workers.

That merely means your argument was not as good as you wanted it to be.

I did notice that you bowed out of that particular tangent quickly enough.

So how are you claiming that being paid for sex is likened to committing cold blooded murder?

Further more, since Draka is a woman, does that mean she is being exploited because she is taking money for each of the cold blooded murders?

CynthiaCypher

it is not my fault that your argument for prostitution being exploitation works equally as well for fast food workers.

That merely means your argument was not as good as you wanted it to be.

I did notice that you bowed out of that particular tangent quickly enough.

So how are you claiming that being paid for sex is likened to committing cold blooded murder?

Further more, since Draka is a woman, does that mean she is being exploited because she is taking money for each of the cold blooded murders?

Funny my argument was that it was sexual exploitation, big difference from just plain exploitation.

CynthiaCypher

I will admit your arguments bored me so I stopped paying attention for a good 10 pages or so, but as far as I know not a single woman that has commented in this thread has agreed with you.

You don't think there are women who have actual values and morals who have commented in this thread? Guess what... most of them side with me.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
You don't think there are women who have actual values and morals who have commented in this thread? Guess what... most of them side with me.
Please describe which women in this thread do not have morals and values and why, since you're going to make that sort of accusation.

Draka

Wonder Woman
And what exactly is that supposed to mean?

Oh, that perhaps you just insinuated that women who disagree with you have no morals or values. As if only your morals and values are real and everyone else who disagrees with you have imaginary morals and values. :sarcastic

Draka

Wonder Woman

Mestemia already hit on this, but really??? Killing a person is an action with a victim. Sleeping with someone and getting paid for it doesn't have a victim. If you have issues with reasoning that out that says a lot about your reasoning abilities. Or lack thereof really.

CynthiaCypher

Oh, that perhaps you just insinuated that women who disagree with you have no morals or values. As if only your morals and values are real and everyone else who disagrees with you have imaginary morals and values. :sarcastic
No, not imaginary values but a lack of of certain values. Don't deny it. You seem to not to value that which I value.

I value our bodies and sexuality, you believe our bodies and our sexuality are just another lifeless commodity to put on the market.

It's no biggie. Not all of us have the same values.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
No, not imaginary values but a lack of of certain values. Don't deny it. You seem to not to value that which I value.

I value our bodies and sexuality, you believe our bodies and our sexuality are just another lifeless commodity to put on the market.

It is a biggie when you are putting decent working women out of a job to peddle your baseless beliefs.

Draka

Wonder Woman

Excuse me? I never said any of that. You presume that because I don't view sex as always something to be "special" that it's merely a commodity. The meaning behind a sex act hinges on the relationship of those involved, not on the act itself.

And regardless of what you try to say now don't think for one moment we don't see that you were indeed insinuating that those who don't agree with you don't have morals.