• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is prostitution "immoral"?

nnmartin

paying someone to have sex with you would be classed as pleasure - this is the same as having a one night stand with a girl you picked up in a bar. Most people these days think that to be acceptable.

However, to make a living out of providing sexual services is lowering your dignity as you are just turning your body into a receptacle.

nnmartin

that is true I guess , and a good point.

I am sure there are some scenarios where the roles are reversed - for instance the femdom who gets paid to control and dominate the man for example.

but in the more regular sense of sex-work , ie: straightforward girl and john situation, then I stand by my original allegation.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What about masseuses? Does not the same logic that applies to prostitutes not allow apply to them? They are also paid to provide physical pleasure.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
basically, yes - that is what I am saying.

You know this all comes from your subjective view, don't you?
That, in essence, you are drawing arbitrary lines to define what is moral and what is not. You do realize this much, don't you?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh that is simple.

Someone declares something sacred and at least one other person agrees that it is sacred.

poof!!
it is now sacred!

Some folks would say sacredness is an intrinsic quality that is present regardless of what some human decides to think.

Some folks would also say that one person believing something is sacred is enough.

Some folks might say it takes ten or twenty. Or a few hundred. Whatever.

madchis

exploitation because maybe he had no other way of obtaining the action.

The same way in that a low paid factory worker has to accept the wages on offer due to lack of alternatives.

How much do you think a man should have to pay?

You are talking about 2 different things. Getting paid for work and paying for something enjoyable. How could you even compare the 2? Lol

And how much they pay depends on how much they are willing to pay.

madchis

Yes. It is immoral. You sell something sacred for money. It also hurts the women involved.

Seriously what makes sex sacred? Why is it not sacred when animals do it? Whether it be humans or animals, sex is to reproduce. And thankfully we humans are intelligent enough that we have made birth-control so it doesn't have to lead to offspring. We can do it just because it feels good. And other animals do it just for pleasure. Just look up the monkey and frog on YouTube.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Seriously what makes sex sacred?

You don't think the act of sex is something powerful that deserves respect? It doesn't inspire you to awe or wonder? It doesn't instill in you happiness or pleasure?

There are many reasons why a person or culture may regard something as sacred. It is not hard to see how an experience as powerful as sex can be regarded as sacred. It forges and breaks human relationships, and additionally is the mode of procreation for our species. Something of such tremendous transformative power definitely deserves respect and careful use. However, unlike Neko, I wouldn't necessarily say that prostitution is inherently disrespectful of the power of the sexual act. Nay, to understand the sacred mysteries of sex one has to actually do it. It's something to indulge in (responsibly!), not put in some untouchable lockbox.