• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the evolutionary doctrine a racist doctrine?

Eli G

And there are still those who ask me why I prefer not to dialogue with peasants who believe they are intellectuals because someone took them out of the countryside to indoctrinate them. :cool:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
And there are still those who ask me why I prefer not to dialogue with peasants who believe they are intellectuals because someone took them out of the countryside to indoctrinate them. :cool:
Yeah, but those with no sense of humour are even less worthy of bothering with - apart from the delusions being so overwhelming. :eek:

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
images.jpg

Eli G

Just looking at their avatars and reading their nicknames make me wonder how old they are and where they got these characters from. :facepalm:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Someone saying that humans are apes is the same to me as someone telling me that humans are bananas.

Actually, did you know that humans share 60% of their DNA with bananas? :)
No! Once again you do not understand evolution or even the concept of evidence. We can show by various means that we are apes. Even the creationist who first devised the Genre, species cataloging system for all live could tell that humans were apes. It bothered him quite a bit since he had no explanation for it. You are conflating sharing a common ancestor with being the same thing.

For example, we are not chimps. We share 98% of our DNA with them and that is because we share a very recent common ancestor. That common ancestor was an ape and we are therefore still apes. We share a bit less DNA with elephants, dogs, and mice. We are none of those, but we do share a common ancestor with all of those that was also not an elephant, a dog, or a mouse. But it was a mammal. We are still mammals. If you go allllllll the way back to bananas you are making a heck of a long journey. We do share 60% of our DNA with bananas. That does not mean that we are bananas (well some of us aren't bananas) but it is evidence for a common ancestor. That common ancestor was so far back that it was at the time of single celled eukaryotes. It was a eukaryote. Guess what? We are still eukaryotes.

The problem with far too many creationists is that they think that evolution involves "changing into a different kind". And no, there is no change of kind in evolution. There is merely development of new species. In fact creationists cannot even come up with a working definition of "kind".

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Just looking at their avatars and reading their nicknames make me wonder how old they are and where they got these characters from. :facepalm:
Oh, so you are bothered by avatars? You trigger rather easily. That you know less about almost any topic than those that you disagree with is not a good sign. There must be something that you are good at. You have to have some of your own knowledge. Why are you so jealous of those that understand the sciences better than you do?

And you could always learn the basics if you want to do so as well. They are not beyond your abilities to understand. Why the fear?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The problem with far too many creationists is that they think that evolution involves "changing into a different kind". And no, there is no change of kind in evolution. There is merely development of new species. In fact creationists cannot even come up with a working definition of "kind".
It would probably help if they knew there were more than just species in the taxonomy hierarchy and that 'kind' did not even make the list....

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And there come the ad hominims.
An actual correct use of pointing out the use of an ad hominem fallacy. Too many people think that any insult is an ad hom. It has to be an insult that has no bearing on the argument.

Taking a side trip into politics, pointing out that Trump is a liar is not an ad hom. Calling out his use of orange powder on his skin is an example of that fallacy.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The word "race" describes a reality that will not disappear through pure indoctrination, just as no one can make us believe that there are genders additional to the ones we naturally see exist.

Consider this: the skin is considered by many to be an organ of the body. Any variation that occurs across different human groups around the planet responds to the same process in which the beaks of Galapagos finches change shape and size to adapt to different diets: adaptation.

Just as the difference in skin color in humans does not divide them into different species, the changes in the beaks of Galapagos finches do not describe an evolution of species.
getting off the race question for a moment, I did some research about the evolution of humans, and interestingly, here's what I found: "Many of the features of A. anamensis are ape-like. It had a pronounced snout and its brain would have been similar in size to that of a chimpanzee." So then my question: despite protests of some, there's quite a difference between the mental capacity of a chimpanzee and that of a normal human. Now if anyone wants to argue with that, ok, can't stop them, but -- it doesn't make sense that someone might not admit the difference of mental capability. In one sense chimpanzees might be more intelligent than "homo sapiens." They don't argue about these things. :)

Pogo

getting off the race question for a moment, I did some research about the evolution of humans, and interestingly, here's what I found: "Many of the features of A. anamensis are ape-like. It had a pronounced snout and its brain would have been similar in size to that of a chimpanzee." So then my question: despite protests of some, there's quite a difference between the mental capacity of a chimpanzee and that of a normal human. Now if anyone wants to argue with that, ok, can't stop them, but -- it doesn't make sense that someone might not admit the difference of mental capability. In one sense chimpanzees might be more intelligent than "homo sapiens." They don't argue about these things. :)
No, we look at a multitude of evidence and avoid making "silly" conclusions based on one piece of data as cretionists often do.