• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there any place for blasphemy laws in the twenty first century?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
So it is ok for religioues people to suffer because of Blasphemy?

Please.

How are you going to suffer, exactly, if I decide to whipe my bum with pages of the quran after which I set the rest of the book on fire and then end my day by making a mohammed cartoon?

Be specific. HOW exactly does that make you "suffer"?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The reason i do not take part in answering every questions asked is because from experience in RF i know the discussion is not fruitfull, and only lead to more frustration for many people. I am ok with that people disagree with my views and understanding.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I want the law to say all religioues practice and all religions are allowed anywhere

Including the religions that engage in ritual human sacrifice?
Including the religions that demand groups of followers to commit collective suicide?

You must want that..."all" religious practices and "all" religions, you say.

What? Don't tell me you are going to offend and insult those people by making their religious practices illegal?!?

:rolleyes:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Including the religions that engage in ritual human sacrifice?
Including the religions that demand groups of followers to commit collective suicide?

You must want that..."all" religious practices and "all" religions, you say.

What? Don't tell me you are going to offend and insult those people by making their religious practices illegal?!?

:rolleyes:
I do not support human offering or killing, i can not say i know of anyone practicing it today. But they have to speak for their views, i do not know them.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
I am not the only person in this world, so i can speak up for those who cant or dont dare to speak. But i also know it has no meaning to others.

That sounds so noble. But you are calling for legal restraint on speech !
But you want to speak for the poor huddled masses ... how sweet of you.

stvdv

Veteran Member
The Four Agreements. :)

1. Be Impeccable with your Word: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don’t Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
3. Don’t Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.
:)
5. Only speak if it improves the Silence
6. Only speak if it does not actively hurt the other
7. You cannot always oblige, but you can always speak obligingly

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I think you seen it create anger and frustration in the world.

If you are going to make everything that can potentially anger and frustrate people, based only on the fact that it could anger and frustrate people.... pretty soon the only freedom you'll have left, is to stay within the confines of your own home, out of sight and out of touch of anyone and everyone.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If you are going to make everything that can potentially anger and frustrate people, based only on the fact that it could anger and frustrate people.... pretty soon the only freedom you'll have left, is to stay within the confines of your own home, out of sight and out of touch of anyone and everyone.
You would like that, would you not ;) take a away my internet connection and you have silenced me ;)

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
I do not support human offering or killing, i can not say i know of anyone practicing it today. But they have to speak for their views, i do not know them.

Maybe you could speak for all the Pakistani girls who have been stoned for dishonouring family and religion etc ...In fact there was a blasphemy case recently where a girl with mental impairment was facing death ...

Such lovely people.
Such noble, caring people.

Let us never criticise them !

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Do you think when we give RCC the freedom, no punishment or whatever,
to do these "worse things" in name of their religion
That they would do it again?

Not right away. But after a few generations, when all the "moderates" who knew how it went down in the 20th century are no more and replaced by people who only ever knew of a world with their renewed power? I'ld bet everything I own that sooner or later, they'ld exert that power again just like they did before.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Maybe you could speak for all the Pakistani girls who have been stoned for dishonouring family and religion etc ...In fact there was a blasphemy case recently where a girl with mental impairment was facing death ...

Such lovely people.
Such noble, caring people.

Let us never criticise them !
To critique an action where people are killed is of course ok, because killing is not ok.
I do not support those actions

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
He is still free to believe and have his views.

Yet, you want to take my freedom away of also expressing those beliefs and views.
In your opinion, only the religious should have that power / freedom.

I dont need to use energy anymore to try to make he believe something else,

You're certainly also not spending any energy to try and defend your hypocritical views either.