• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is There Proof God Exists????

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God
I understand perfectly what you are saying.

And it is absolute Epic Fail.

Here's the Wiki link to "Scientific Method".

Scientific method - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Feel free to show how meditation follows teh scientific method from Characterization through hypothesis through testing all the way to peer review.

That's only one way of using science. It is NOT the only way to scientifically experiment. The only Epic Fail is your ability to comprehend that what I'm saying is a scientific method that brings upon the same conclusion that is experienced universally. So in essence it is a scientific method.

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God
You seem to be reiterating that the only reason to disagree with you is because we have not truly sought out the answers.
And only because we have not truly sought out the answers do we disagree with you.

Then you reinforce that reiteration with stuff like "It would automatically change you from a doubter to a believer and then finally to a knower."

So if your best argument for your position is nothing more than "keep trying until you agree with me" you really do not have an argument to begin with.

It's true your perspective will change and only change if you find undeniable proof of what I'm saying. The only way to do that is to do what I have done. So if that's what you say I'm doing then yes. Perspective will not change if your experiences in life don't change. That's why people must live lives; in order to learn their lessons and then change.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It's true your perspective will change and only change if you find undeniable proof of what I'm saying. The only way to do that is to do what I have done. So if that's what you say I'm doing then yes. Perspective will not change if your experiences in life don't change. That's why people must live lives; in order to learn their lessons and then change.
Now you are just chasing your own tail.

Good luck with that.

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
That's only one way of using science. It is NOT the only way to scientifically experiment. The only Epic Fail is your ability to comprehend that what I'm saying is a scientific method that brings upon the same conclusion that is experienced universally. So in essence it is a scientific method.

People REALLY need to come to terms with the fact that when we talk about the scientific method, we're talking about THE Scientific Method. There is just one, and true, it has changed and improved over the years, but it's still just one method, and unless you follow THE method you're not doing science. This is not a malleable concept that people can change to suit their taste. Rather, it is a clearly defined way of both working and thinking and without it you're not doing science.

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!

You can repeat yourself as much as you wish.

However, wrong is still wrong no matter how many times you repeat the wrong.

As another poster pointing out, there is indeed only one scienentific method, and mediatation simply does not meet the criteria for science.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Would please be so kind as to list off some of these other "scientific methods" you speak of?

Sententia

My thoughts are:
"Believe first; then you will understand."

Aztecs skinned maidens and cut out human hearts for a feathered serpent god. What's your stand on invisible feathered serpents?

Why is your answer not "Believe first; then you will understand."? Do you also believe first in Allah, Ra, Thor, Serpentor and Gargamel?

Bird123

SmileyROFLMAO.gif
Laughter is good for the soul. Thanks. I can't help but laugh.

Bird123

While I agree totally with the previous response...

All you ahve offered so far are simple argument fallacies, including circular arguments, non sequitures, et cetera.

When can we expect to see actual facts?
The fact is people see what they want to see. The only proof that God exists that you will accept is when you actually bump into God. Fact or fiction????? Further, in order to discover any information, one must explore the unknown. Fact or fiction???? Until one is willing to search for God, one will never discover God until God comes to them. Fact or fiction????? Me, I simply place truth out there. What anyone decides what to do with that truth is entirely up to them. I need no followers. Shouldn't the truth be out there somewhere?? There are always possibilities to be explored. Are you so sure that you know it all that there is no need to explore??? OK! OK! I see you will start your search for God after all. Fact or fiction???

Bird123

lol really now? and what facts have you discovered that make you believe in what you believe in? A 'fact' can be tested, observed, and has evidence valid for all human being to see, experience, and test as well. So right now, show me exactly what do to as 'fact' to get to where you believe.
Everything one does in life is education. I once told a close friend each and every step on my journey to God. The result was that talking with God left my friend very confused. My friend had a short cut in his journey which left so much learning out of the picture. Learning has a time and place. Steps can not be skipped. That's why God doesn't just give us all the knowledge. We would not have wisdom. I will give you a starting point. In this cause and effect physical world, God's actions are everywhere. Study it all. When you come to understand it all, you will see the genius and very high intellect involved. So many times after we discover something, we see a new road or a door to investigate. Knowledge will lead you to God. Everything about this world does add up. It's not a mess but a Masterpiece. Can you see??? If you think I am talking in circles, then you aren't ready. Great. It's out there for those who can see and maybe start to understand. It's all up to each of us. We learn at our own pace. Start your own journey. Walk your own path. Who knows what you might discover. It's waiting for those who will seek.

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
Let's explore together whether God exists or simple evolution and random chance is the truth. Let's start by looking at our world today. Can you see God and God's work behind it all or do you feel the cold mechanical clockwork of an unfeeling system??

Today, we have a great diversity of people. There are modern,high tech, highly intelligent people. There are poor people with low intelligence, barely surviving. Of course, there are the rest of us in the middle.

With advancements in science, mankind has been able to control birth rates. The most modern countries are having one or two children per couple. The developing countries are breeding ten to twelve children per couple. How is this changing the world??

Evolution is clear. It's survival of the fittest. It is a system that guaranties our survival by allowing the most fit to survive. If the less intelligent people are having more kids, how can the world be getting smarter as a whole?? And the world is gaining in knowledge. Sure, evolution is a part of the unfolding of the universe but there is a goal beyond survival of the fittest. Do you know what that goal is?? Can you see God yet??

I believe life is the education of God's children. The world will always move forward in knowledge and education. Sure it seems slow at times but forward it will go. Beyond the cold calculating of survival of the fittest, children of God, which is all of us, carry humanity with them. One doesn't have to be the smartest or the fittest to survive today. One will, however learn and grow with life.

Since, there appears to be a goal to life, is that proof God exists??? Isn't there more than evolution going on????

Rich and Poor

You ask some insigntful questions and I would love to discuss them. You are right. Poor people tend to be less intelligent and the least intelligent places are the poor ones (e.g. Africa). The literacy rate in most poor nations is horrible, though the correlation is not absolute. This links actually show this correlation and I hope it works.

www.bit.ly/aGd0Q8

You are also right that rich people tend to have more babies than poor people, however, that gap has been shrinking as Africans and Asians have greater access to birth control. The link below demonstrates this. It is really cool.

www.bit.ly/aprugn

Evolution

Evolution is about the survival of the fittest. The fittest are those who are most linkely to survive in a certain environment. The "fittest" depends on the environment, other species, and the DNA of the fittest. The survival of the fittest is a general trend so some "fit" animals will die young, while some "unfit" animals will live long. However, these are only deviants from the norm and you will see a general trend over the years.

The advancing poor

The world is getting smarter as a whole because we as humans are making it a priority to educate and our social structures and technology are adequate enough for previously poor people to enjoy a higher standard of living and educate themselves. Our minds are not becoming better, we simply know more intellectual stuff which is only one kind of intelligence.

If children stayed just as educated as their parents then since uneduated parents in the world are more likely to have more children, the world will become less educated. However, we are finding that children of poor people are actually becoming more educated than their parents. The education levels among rich nations are rising too, but not so fast.

www.bit.ly/a71yGw

The universe and evolution

Evolution has no goal, it is simply a process that we observe. Evolution has just as much of a goal as gravity or rocks do. This universe is 99.99% uninhabitable and is full of pain and suffering, along with some happiness. I also observe that the only way for life to exist is to consume other life and we see this all over nature. Nature is a terrible place to live in where most animals die before reaching adulthood and most die painful unnatural deaths. This indicates that the universe probably was not created by an all-benevolent being. We have an enormous amount of fossil evidence for evolution as shown below.

hominids2_big.jpg

In order to survive we must be fit. Having large brains, virus defenses, good eyesight, and well-functioning body parts make us fit. Without them we will always die. There is no evidence for God and science is able to explain quite a bit without the unproven concept. God is a simple fairytale ancient people made up thousands of years ago to try to explain the universe in human terms without proper information. Like all other mythical creatures (knomes, trolls, fairies, angles, devils, Thor, Zeus) God will remain an unsupported and comfortable fairytale.

savethedreams

Everything one does in life is education. I once told a close friend each and every step on my journey to God. The result was that talking with God left my friend very confused. My friend had a short cut in his journey which left so much learning out of the picture. Learning has a time and place. Steps can not be skipped. That's why God doesn't just give us all the knowledge. We would not have wisdom. I will give you a starting point. In this cause and effect physical world, God's actions are everywhere. Study it all. When you come to understand it all, you will see the genius and very high intellect involved. So many times after we discover something, we see a new road or a door to investigate. Knowledge will lead you to God. Everything about this world does add up. It's not a mess but a Masterpiece. Can you see??? If you think I am talking in circles, then you aren't ready. Great. It's out there for those who can see and maybe start to understand. It's all up to each of us. We learn at our own pace. Start your own journey. Walk your own path. Who knows what you might discover. It's waiting for those who will seek.

I have started my own path, and follow nature, life and the true essences of god.

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God
You can repeat yourself as much as you wish.

However, wrong is still wrong no matter how many times you repeat the wrong.

As another poster pointing out, there is indeed only one scienentific method, and mediatation simply does not meet the criteria for science.

Well you can definitely apply the scientific method to meditation for sure. Reason being is hundreds of saints have come to the same conclusion upon practicing over and over again. Analyzing those results and sharing them amongst their peers or Guru in a non formal way and then all them agreeing that it happens exactly as they say it does. You see if all of them come to the same conslusion and experiences then it is a science. That is what I was trying to say. Science is knowing something is a fact and works if done in the exact same way as the previous person. That's why certain meditation techniques such as Kriya Yoga are used universally and have been documented in books and testimonials from generations to generations to bring upon God realization and spiritual growth and revalations. It's a science no matter what anyone says because it works EVERYTIME if done right and is systematical.

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God

Awesome post! Again I agree 110%. I would give frubals to you but it will only allow me to give you so many.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Well you can definitely apply the scientific method to meditation for sure. Reason being is hundreds of saints have come to the same conclusion upon practicing over and over again. Analyzing those results and sharing them amongst their peers or Guru in a non formal way and then all them agreeing that it happens exactly as they say it does. You see if all of them come to the same conslusion and experiences then it is a science. That is what I was trying to say. Science is knowing something is a fact and works if done in the exact same way as the previous person. That's why certain meditation techniques such as Kriya Yoga are used universally and have been documented in books and testimonials from generations to generations to bring upon God realization and spiritual growth and revalations. It's a science no matter what anyone says because it works EVERYTIME if done right and is systematical.
Cool.
Please provide the peer-reviewed scientific journal articles that I can read this in.

Because to be completely honest with you, I have not been able to find a single source for this claim that is based on science.
The science that computers and space flight are based upon, that is.

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God
Cool.
Please provide the peer-reviewed scientific journal articles that I can read this in.

Because to be completely honest with you, I have not been able to find a single source for this claim that is based on science.
The science that computers and space flight are based upon, that is.

It is a science in the sense that it is documented by saints(spiritual scientists) in books and through testimonies all over the world. There are no journal articles that you are looking for that I know of anyway. It doesn't mean its not a science though. It just means its documented and researched in a different way. I could give you plenty of Saints quotes on this science of Kriya. I could also point you to many books on it too.

Last edited:
It is a science in the sense that it is documented by saints(spiritual scientists) in books and through testimonies all over the world. There are no journal articles that you are looking for that I know of anyway. It doesn't mean its not a science though. It just means its documented and researched in a different way. I could give you plenty of Saints quotes on this science of Kriya. I could also point you to many books on it too.

it's really okay if you think that science is different from what others think it is. one word, if functional, cannot have different definitions that are entirely contradictory, though. and therefore it's not entirely up to you to make the decision of which is the correct definition. you may believe that repeated testimonies are the same thing as repeated experiments, i just have to disagree. you may think that what you are doing is an experiment, i just have to disagree. so, you dont have to try to justify what you are saying by anyone else's standards, because their's are clearly not your own. and you dont have to use the word 'science' to describe your own method of exploration, since it's not (by common definition).

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No thank you, I am not interested in the propaganda you would present.
If I was interested in mere propaganda, I would have read the one million plus websites that Google lists.

Sorry, but circular No True Scotsmans do not interest me.

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
The fact is people see what they want to see. The only proof that God exists that you will accept is when you actually bump into God. Fact or fiction????? Further, in order to discover any information, one must explore the unknown. Fact or fiction???? Until one is willing to search for God, one will never discover God until God comes to them. Fact or fiction????? Me, I simply place truth out there. What anyone decides what to do with that truth is entirely up to them. I need no followers. Shouldn't the truth be out there somewhere?? There are always possibilities to be explored. Are you so sure that you know it all that there is no need to explore??? OK! OK! I see you will start your search for God after all. Fact or fiction???

So, lots of fiction and no facts.

I wonder how many people ahve you on their ignore list for your refusal to answer simple questions?

BTW, here's an example of your continuing Epic Fail and how your credibility keeps burrowing deeper and deeper sicne it passed zero long ago.

We Gaels generally believe that all gods exist, even yours. We believe that all gods are birthed by man, including yours.

And yet you have offered absolutely nothing that would convince me, a believer, that your god exists.