• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is There Proof God Exists????

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
Perhaps God comes from a dimension without time.
Dimensions do not work in this way. They are not parrarel realities, where different sets of physics can apply. They are simply additional "directions."

Bird123

I see an ocean of possibilities, such an amount the number is staggering and since we'll never know the answers it's really not worth worrying about. Really everything that is as it is today could be a cosmic game of dice, or it could have been an elaborate series of cause and effect and everything was destined to be the way it is now because of the very minute details of the Big Bang explosion.
Your grandparents may not be ducks but I bet they have the same thing in mind as the ducks when they fly south. You are right about an ocean of possibilities. Simply because there are so many doesn't mean they should not be explored. Yes that seed called the universe will unfold as planned.

Bird123

Cause and effect has not been shown to be a factor in Quantum Physics.
At the sub-molecular level, particles pop in and out of existence. Decay happens spontaneously, for no known reason.
Not only that, but the physical laws of the Universe did not even come into existence until several Plank times after the initial expansion of the Singularity of the Big Bang.

Cause has not been shown to be necessary for our Universe.
Speculate a moment. You are God. You have created multiple universes and dimensions. Where would you place the interface?????? Isn't the only safe place at the subatomic level???? By the time you were smart enough to deal at the sunatomic level, you would be maybe wise enough to explore farther safely. Safeguards are built into the system.

Bird123

Dimensions do not work in this way. They are not parrarel realities, where different sets of physics can apply. They are simply additional "directions."
If you look at the quantum level, there does appear to be a different set of laws. That's why they can't come up with a theory of everything yet. If the quantum level is the interface, one can see the radical difference in possibilities in dimensions.

IF_u_knew

Curious
Is there proof that God exists?

Absolutely! And this coming from one who at one time was unsure (or at least, I was unsure of the goodness of God, which now I do witness the goodness of God) ... BUT having at one time been on the end of questioning such, I doubt there is much of anything I could say would convince a person one way or another.

Throw out all that you have been taught by others, and the "evidences" given to you by them ... be willing to do what it takes to know ... and you will know. :)

and FYI, I am not one of those who takes up the position that your end (or the end of anyone who might not be sure) will be any different than my (as one who is sure) end. Life, though, would have little meaning to me if I were not witness to His work of creating as it is "played out" before my eyes.

IF_u_knew

Curious
If you look at the quantum level, there does appear to be a different set of laws. That's why they can't come up with a theory of everything yet. If the quantum level is the interface, one can see the radical difference in possibilities in dimensions.

I have found quantum physics to be proof of the spirtual reality manifesting itself as the physical ... as well as proof that we have free will ... the possibilities are endless, until we make our choice, that is.

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
I believe that faith substantiates itself
because it is a gift from God Himself.

Well, first you have to provide some evidence that there is a god in the first place. Do that. Then we'll talk.

Your approach is like the man trying to
lift himself up by pulling on his own shoe-
laces.

The reason you think that is because you see blind faith as something inherently "good" or "right", whereas I see it as something inherently "wrong" and potentially "evil".

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
Despite various claims – few (if any) are able to live without faith in something. I would submit that it is what we have faith in and what we refuse to have faith in that defines us for what we are – perhaps more than any other single thing.

Just curious...
What is it that you propose that I have faith in on any comparable level to religious faith?

linwood

Let's start by looking at our world today. Can you see God and God's work behind it all or do you feel the cold mechanical clockwork of an unfeeling system??

I don`t know what world you`re looking at but this one definitely appears to follow some kind of cold unfeeling system..yeah, kinda like clockwork.

Did god make it that way on purpose ya think?

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
We base most of our thinking on the physical laws of this universe, however quantum physics is showing the possibility of many universes and dimensions.

You are mixing the cosmological "many worlds" hypothesis (which at this point is on the "thought experiment" stage, i.e. has no backing evidence) with the Super-string theory "dimensions", which really doesn't mean what you think it means.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I don't think you understood my answer.
I did understand your attempt to make god an exemption from your rule.

Regardless of what "dimension god is from", who/what created god?
If everything has to be created, then that includes your god.
If your god is exempt from the everything has to be created rule, then there is no reason to assume that the universe had to be created either.

So, who/what created your god?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Speculate a moment. You are God. You have created multiple universes and dimensions. Where would you place the interface?????? Isn't the only safe place at the subatomic level???? By the time you were smart enough to deal at the sunatomic level, you would be maybe wise enough to explore farther safely. Safeguards are built into the system.

Wow. There are really no limits to stretching the natural into the supernatural for you, is there?

Let me tell you how it works for me.
I look at the objective empirical evidence. The explanations that we have found thus far for the workings of our universe. The facts of science. The Theories, and the Laws.
And there is not one iota of objective evidence that a god or God is necessary to explain any of it. Does this mean there is no God? Of course not. But the necessity for Gods existence or involvement is not shown.
Yet I still believe in a deistic concept of God.
Not because any evidence shows that God exists or is necessary. It doesn't.
But because I believe God exists.
And I will accept empirical evidence over my personal beliefs every time.
No reasonable person should warp science, discard facts, or deceive themselves through ignorance in order to justify their beliefs.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
I have found quantum physics to be proof of the spirtual reality manifesting itself as the physical ... as well as proof that we have free will ... the possibilities are endless, until we make our choice, that is.
This would imply that quantum computers have free will. Are you sure you want to go with that argument? :D

Bird123

Absolutely! And this coming from one who at one time was unsure (or at least, I was unsure of the goodness of God, which now I do witness the goodness of God) ... BUT having at one time been on the end of questioning such, I doubt there is much of anything I could say would convince a person one way or another.

Throw out all that you have been taught by others, and the "evidences" given to you by them ... be willing to do what it takes to know ... and you will know. :)

and FYI, I am not one of those who takes up the position that your end (or the end of anyone who might not be sure) will be any different than my (as one who is sure) end. Life, though, would have little meaning to me if I were not witness to His work of creating as it is "played out" before my eyes.
Yes, I see you do have your eyes open. thanks.

Bird123

It is all about our choices. Consequences will teach us what our choices really mean. Wisdom follows.

Bird123

I don`t know what world you`re looking at but this one definitely appears to follow some kind of cold unfeeling system..yeah, kinda like clockwork.

Did god make it that way on purpose ya think?
For people who expect only heaven, the world can seem harsh. We must look beyond the surface to what is really going on. People are going through some hard lessons at times, however these same people are willing to choose that lesson for someone else. It's about our choices and understanding what they mean.

Bird123

You are mixing the cosmological "many worlds" hypothesis (which at this point is on the "thought experiment" stage, i.e. has no backing evidence) with the Super-string theory "dimensions", which really doesn't mean what you think it means.
What about what is??? There is much to yet to explore at the quantum level. Let's not assume all the answers are in just yet. Oh, you are neither a rising ape nor a falling angel. How about a wonderful work of art??

Bird123

I did understand your attempt to make god an exemption from your rule.

Regardless of what "dimension god is from", who/what created god?
If everything has to be created, then that includes your god.
If your god is exempt from the everything has to be created rule, then there is no reason to assume that the universe had to be created either.

So, who/what created your god?
When you take the time factor out, everything IS. We as spiritual beings might just fall into the same category. In this universe, it's different. The universe can be traced back to the big bang>A beginning.