• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

isa (as) /jesus(pbuh)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your right, that's my interpretation. As far as proof I have the Holy Bible, 2000 years of historians and some archeology that corroborate the fulfilled prophesies of Jesus. But if you want to see the real proof, it's my life and how Jesus changed me.

I hope the Father will deserve in your life half of what you give to Jesus of attention.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My slant on this is that Christ was trying to tell us that sin did not exist, hence if you simply believed in him your "sins" were forgiven. It is my assertion that the comment, "Go then and sin no more" was in reference to this. The point being that is one believed in the Christ, I mean, really believed in what Christ stood for, it is rather unlikely that such a person would commit what was regarded as "sins". Get it? It isn't so much a case of so-called "sins" literally being "forgiven" but rather it is a case of the individual leading a life that is a few skips and jumps beyond the probability of further "sinning".

I doubt that any Christian would agree with you that "sins" don't exist on the first place.

Then, Muhammed [pbuh] trotted past, several hundred years later, and reinstituted the concept of "sin", but added the twist that it was up to the individual to "sin no more". As you say, the individual is responsible for "sinning" or not "sinning". That might sound like a progressive suggestion, empowering the individual to effect change in their lives. The crux however is that there is no guarentee in Islam, and everything is ultimately judged by Allah, at the end of the road.

Excuse me, do you mean that you have to gurantee that you will enter to heaven, be forgiven, etc, or you will not bother?

The difference is that in the first case, the idea of "sinning", in theory, becomes moot, as if the individual is a "true believer" they CANNOT "sin" any further. In the later case, one is still left with their "sin" and the continued possibility of "sinning" further.

Wow, and the so called sacrifice of Jesus becomes a symbol too, just like the concept of "sin" in your dictionary. :D

I don't imagine that the Christians here will believe you when you tell them that Jesus died in vain, and for nothing but to "encourage" them to not sin, but not to wipe out their sins.

If that is the case, dear Abu, then why direct the comment at me? *flutters eyelashes annoyingly*

Because i thought you were giving some thoughts to be a Chrstian from the way you speak, lol. :D

Tsk, tsk, Abu. You misunderstand completely, as usual, my friend. As long as people still feel a need to discuss "sin", I have a moral obligation to attempt to set the record straight. I can understand how one could think this effort would be a glorious waste of time, as you so eloquently put it, but I would suggest that that is a very superficial analysis of my intent.

You see, Abu, I have set my "expectation bar" rather low on this matter. I don't actually expect people to believe me. My attainable goal is simply to get people to ponder if there is any possibility that what I am saying might be correct. To me, it is hardly a waste of time and it is somewhat insulting to read such comments from a person who is allegedly a spiritual person. You think I am just having a bit of fun and yet you don't even attempt to realize that I am deadly serious.

The simple fact, Abu, is that you still believe in "sin" and so your life is needlessly hamstrug by this perception, this odd lens, through with you view your personal reality and the personal reality of others. In my own life, I have abolished "sin" and the possibility of "sinning". I am therefore FREE for the inherent guilt associated with "sin" and "sinning". Being trapped by your own perceptions of "sin", you simply cannot imagine just how liberating it is to "sin no more". The psychology behind this is far deeper than you can presently understand, as you are still within the concept of "sin" and being "judged" for your actions. I'm not. Do you get it now, Abu?

What you, superficially perceive, as a lark and a waste of time could not be further from the truth. Heck, I am trying to liberate others from their guilt. I really am hard pressed to think of a more worthy effort.

In closing, I do not intend this as an attack on you, but on the belief structure of people like yourself who are still within those debilitating belief structures. When I say "you cannot imagine" I am not poking a stick in your eye and trying to be mean. I am simply stating a fact, so do not take that personally.

ha ha ha. Ok Paul. I now know what you are getting at, and i thank you, deeply, for your continuos effort to librate us and show us some of the light you have experienced. I apologize if i didn't get that earlier, because i was sitting back, watching you day after another trying to put Islam down whenever you get the chance to do so. Who knows, there might be many things to come, which will show me more of your intent, and way of thinking.

nawab

We know very well that is your own intrepretation, its not biblical. Thats why i have mentioned many times that every Christian is unique in faith. I beleive this but I dont beleieve that.

It just reminds me of a story of a Christian Evanglelist who goes to Mongolia to preach and he enters a Buddist Monastry and sees the cycle of life. The Evanglist asks the Buddist preist what is this and the Preist tells him that our God Budda told us to believe in this cycle of life its about Born, Old, Sick and die and the cycle continues after patiently listening to him, the Evanglist asks him Did Buddah said he is God. The Buddist Preist replies No, But we call him God. You Christians are doing the same thing, where Did Jesus said he was God. The Evanglist came back to the states. I will try finding his name this story came in a weekly Hong Kong magazine

Sin was not reinstated by Muhammad PBUH it was already there, Plus Jesus never said in the bible that sin does not exsist I challenge you here. Suppose if Jesus said Sin doesnt exsist so do you mean the God lied to Moses PBUH before when he told him that you should not commit sin.

Secondly again, Dear Christians, You boast about the 2,000 prophecies of Jesus PBUH being fulfilled about the real big prophecy not fulfilled by Jesus. The rest of the prophecies are minor the real major and only one promised Prophecy by Jesus was not fulfilled THE SIGN OF JONAH what about that

ayani

something worth mentioning, perhaps. no where in the Quran itself does it mention anything on level with the "golden rule". yes, it says that "the believers are brothers", and that we are all the offspring of Adam.

yet the dichotomy between believers and non-believers remains vast, and the love, brotherliness, and mercy shown to believers, Quranically speaking, would not seem to extend to non-believers on that same level. Jesus' parable of the Good Samaritan raises a number of interesting points on just this issue.

to recap, in this parable, a Jewish man is walking down a steep and dangerous path, when he is seized, robed, and beaten nearly to death by robbers. he is left to die. a teacher of religious law and a fellow Jew walks by, and steps right around him. a member of the priestly class walks by him, and does nothing. a Samaritan walks by, dresses his wounds as best he can, puts the fellow on his own animal, takes him to an inn to be cared for, and gives the innkeeper money to care for him.

the Samaritans were both ethnic and religious outcasts. in the Judaism of Jesus' time, they were the closest to out-and-out heretics one could point to. so far as salvation based upon the "correctness" of one's Jewish beliefs, they were certainly an unsaved and avoided people.

yet it is this Samaritan who does what is right, and who does the will of God- to love his neighbor as much as himself, and to see in this man as much worthy of respect, care, and saving as he would hope another to see in himself. both the ethnic and religious distinctions of the Samaritans make this parable interesting.

extending mercy, compassion, patience, and respect to one's neighbor on the same level one would expect or hope for one's self, regardless of his status or non-status as brother / kufr / jizya-payer is not a Quranic concept. yes, many of the values taught by Jesus and those taught through the Quran are similar, or have parallels to one another.

but they are also very different in key, and sometimes subtle ways. and the conclusions that these differences lead to, or the actions they eventually permit or sanction are also vastly different. retaliatory violence and forgiveness of one's persecutors can not be equal to one another. and yes, it is very true that Christians and Christian churches have committed acts of violence, sanctioned violence, commanded it, or allowed it. but if one is to seriously look at both faiths, one must look to the men who ushered them into the world. what they taught, how they taught, what they commanded, and how they lived in relation to men and to God.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
something worth mentioning, perhaps. no where in the Quran itself does it mention anything on level with the "golden rule". yes, it says that "the believers are brothers", and that we are all the offspring of Adam.

yet the dichotomy between believers and non-believers remains vast, and the love, brotherliness, and mercy shown to believers, Quranically speaking, would not seem to extend to non-believers on that same level. Jesus' parable of the Good Samaritan raises a number of interesting points on just this issue.

to recap, in this parable, a Jewish man is walking down a steep and dangerous path, when he is seized, robed, and beaten nearly to death by robbers. he is left to die. a teacher of religious law and a fellow Jew walks by, and steps right around him. a member of the priestly class walks by him, and does nothing. a Samaritan walks by, dresses his wounds as best he can, puts the fellow on his own animal, takes him to an inn to be cared for, and gives the innkeeper money to care for him.

the Samaritans were both ethnic and religious outcasts. in the Judaism of Jesus' time, they were the closest to out-and-out heretics one could point to. so far as salvation based upon the "correctness" of one's Jewish beliefs, they were certainly an unsaved and avoided people.

yet it is this Samaritan who does what is right, and who does the will of God- to love his neighbor as much as himself, and to see in this man as much worthy of respect, care, and saving as he would hope another to see in himself. both the ethnic and religious distinctions of the Samaritans make this parable interesting.

extending mercy, compassion, patience, and respect to one's neighbor on the same level one would expect or hope for one's self, regardless of his status or non-status as brother / kufr / jizya-payer is not a Quranic concept. yes, many of the values taught by Jesus and those taught through the Quran are similar, or have parallels to one another.

but they are also very different in key, and sometimes subtle ways. and the conclusions that these differences lead to, or the actions they eventually permit or sanction are also vastly different. retaliatory violence and forgiveness of one's persecutors can not be equal to one another. and yes, it is very true that Christians and Christian churches have committed acts of violence, sanctioned violence, commanded it, or allowed it. but if one is to seriously look at both faiths, one must look to the men who ushered them into the world. what they taught, how they taught, what they commanded, and how they lived in relation to men and to God.

Oh please, ayani. Go and read the OT to see Jesus's REAL laws, not the ones mentioned by the unknown writers in the bible."Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law orthe Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them .....". (Matthew 5:17-20)"But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name any-thing I have not commanded him to say, or a prophetwho speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death". (Deuteronomy 18:20)Which means that you had to put Paul "Saul" to death for abolishing the law. So, go and fulfill the law of Moses first and you will find the truth, definitely wide open in front of you, that Jesus's name today is just a ready product for anyone to believe without following any set of laws or instructions. You just want to say "i love Jesus" then you will follow nothing but what your mind tells you, not what Jesus really wanted you to do.He wants you to follow the commandments, and the law of the prophets before him, so go and check up the OT before coming forward criticizing the Quran, and putting false charges and accusations against it.

Jeremy Mason

Hi abu. I understand that you were speaking to ayani, however I'd like to share with you "my POV" concerning what you've stated above.

Oh please, ayani. Go and read the OT to see Jesus's REAL laws, not the ones mentioned by the unknown writers in the bible."Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law orthe Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them .....". (Matthew 5:17-20)

I see where you are going. While all commandments of God should be followed, Jesus's death and resurrection ushered a new covenant with all nations and not just the Jewish nation. Jesus was the only man that was without sin and the only one who could fulfill the OT Law. As a result, the new covenant and it's new Law could be implemented. God tore the curtain dividing God and man to display His new relationship with the world because Jesus's atoning blood made it possible.

When this happened, God had many nations and structured his way as to how he would judge those nations. Since Jesus fulfilled Mosaic Law, certain changes were implemented because these nations were not Jewish and didn't need circumcision, dietary restrictions or Levite priests to communicate with God, to name a few.

Biblically, Jesus spoke against Jewish understanding of OT Law. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth was not Jesus's POV. The Jews wanted a king that would defeat the Romans, Jesus lead no military campaign, just to name a couple.

The point is obvious, God has a different plan in dealing with the world than he did with the Israelites.

"But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name any-thing I have not commanded him to say, or a prophetwho speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death". (Deuteronomy 18:20)Which means that you had to put Paul "Saul" to death for abolishing the law.

Again, Paul abolished nothing, he was only explaining God's new plan.

So, go and fulfill the law of Moses first and you will find the truth,

Living good lives in God's new plan is import and we should do so. The only one who fulfilled the Law of Moses was Jesus. All fall short of the glory of God, except Jesus.

definitely wide open in front of you, that Jesus's name today is just a ready product for anyone to believe without following any set of laws or instructions. You just want to say "i love Jesus" then you will follow nothing but what your mind tells you, not what Jesus really wanted you to do.

Romans 3:5-8
5But if our unrighteousness brings out God's righteousness more clearly, what shall we say? That God is unjust in bringing his wrath on us? (I am using a human argument.) 6Certainly not! If that were so, how could God judge the world? 7Someone might argue, "If my falsehood enhances God's truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner?" 8Why not say—as we are being slanderously reported as saying and as some claim that we say—"Let us do evil that good may result"? Their condemnation is deserved.

Paul clearly describes the topic at hand and what happens to people who present Christianity in that light.

He wants you to follow the commandments, and the law of the prophets before him, so go and check up the OT before coming forward criticizing the Quran, and putting false charges and accusations against it.

What false charges has ayani submitted? I find ayani to be one of the finest, humble and knowledgeable people of both faiths. She has time and time again explained her position with meaningful facts and appreciation for both sides. Let give credit where credit is due.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
yet the dichotomy between believers and non-believers remains vast, and the love, brotherliness, and mercy shown to believers, Quranically speaking, would not seem to extend to non-believers on that same level.

And is it logical that non believers will be equated to believers??!. if non believers will be equated to believers then there is no justice. God is Just and fair! And because He is Just and Fair He won't equate non-believers with believers. The non-believers are the ones who chose to not obey God with their own free will. However, God is still merciful to them by giving them all possible means throughout their lives till their last breath so as to return to His path and obey Him. Because He is Merciful and forgiving He forgives all the sins of the disobedient once s/he returns to Him in repentance. Because He is Merciful, more merciful than the mother to her child, He doesn’t deprive the non-believer from His providence and sustenance and doesn’t deprive him from his needs.
But your logic of equating the disobedient with the obedient doesn’t make sense at all and doesn’t have any logic. I will give you an example here since you are or were a teacher; you told your students to prepare for an exam and of course you have already given them all the information and instructions needed. Some students have been preparing and working so hard to pass the exam, whereas others haven’t done any efforts so as to prepare for the exam. The result of the exam is of course obvious. Are you going to give, out of mercy and love, the same good mark that the hard working students deserve to the ones who haven’t done any efforts in preparing for the exam??? Are you going to equate the hard working students with the lazy students?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
We know very well that is your own intrepretation, its not biblical. Thats why i have mentioned many times that every Christian is unique in faith. I beleive this but I dont beleieve that.

It just reminds me of a story of a Christian Evanglelist who goes to Mongolia to preach and he enters a Buddist Monastry and sees the cycle of life. The Evanglist asks the Buddist preist what is this and the Preist tells him that our God Budda told us to believe in this cycle of life its about Born, Old, Sick and die and the cycle continues after patiently listening to him, the Evanglist asks him Did Buddah said he is God. The Buddist Preist replies No, But we call him God. You Christians are doing the same thing, where Did Jesus said he was God. The Evanglist came back to the states. I will try finding his name this story came in a weekly Hong Kong magazine

Sin was not reinstated by Muhammad PBUH it was already there, Plus Jesus never said in the bible that sin does not exsist I challenge you here. Suppose if Jesus said Sin doesnt exsist so do you mean the God lied to Moses PBUH before when he told him that you should not commit sin.

Secondly again, Dear Christians, You boast about the 2,000 prophecies of Jesus PBUH being fulfilled about the real big prophecy not fulfilled by Jesus. The rest of the prophecies are minor the real major and only one promised Prophecy by Jesus was not fulfilled THE SIGN OF JONAH what about that

You may want to edit this, Buddhist nether say or think that Buddha is God.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I don't imagine that the Christians here will believe you when you tell them that Jesus died in vain, and for nothing but to "encourage" them to not sin, but not to wipe out their sins.
I'm a Christian. I don't believe in substitutionary atonement. I believe that humanity has been reconciled to God, because of the Incarnation -- not the death -- of God in human form. What we often forget is that sin has been atoned, because Jesus fulfilled the Law for us. therefore, repentace means that we turn our lives around, having accepted the truth that we are reconciled, and that God's kingdom has come near. Being reconciled, we act as though we're reconciled. When we act otherwise, we have to turn again. And turn again. And turn again. It's like "Blind Man's Bluff": You start out in a general direction, toward a voice. The closer you get, the more course corrections you have to make, to reach the target.

nawab

I never said Jesus Died in vain, Ok i dont beleive that Jesus Died. Jesus is one of those of company nearest to God, God will not allow his loved ones to be humiliated thats my arguement.

nawab

I know This claim is wrong it is not mentioned inthier Buddist scriptures but the so called Zen Buddists in the region China, Mongolia they do thats why there is this comparrison. At least the Buddists are brave enough to say that they make him God,

You may want to edit this, Buddhist nether say or think that Buddha is God.

ayani

Abu, i have not charged anything false about the Quran.

it is true to say that the words, commandments, and example of Jesus as recorded in the Gospels (the four canonical ones found in the NT), do hold a different standard than the Quran.

the truth is : the Quran permits defensive fighting. what is false in this claim? it describes the manner in which one is to fight graphically and is clear that this fighting does not encompass only moral or inner struggle, but armed fighting against one's enemies.

in the Gospels, which i believe accurately and truthfully record details of the ministry, death, and resurrection of Jesus, Jesus speaks against violence, clearly and firmly. He makes it clear that the way of God means forgiveness, patience in suffering, and waiting upon the victory of God's kingdom, not a worldly victory over one's enemies. even if one's enemies take one's life- that life belongs not to them, or to you, but to God, whom you have decided to follow in following Jesus.

here is how Jesus summarized the Jewish Law, and the eternal law of God, our Father : "you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your might,and you shall love your neighbor as yourself". in addition, one is to be Christ-like. that means letting your life be used for God's glory, to walk humbly with God, to be compassionate, without self-righteousness or malice, to be prayerful, to be poor, to be hopeful in God, and many other things.

it is a good, good path. and it is a path shown to us clearly through Jesus, in the Gospels. Paul walked that path, Abu. so did James, Thomas, Peter, John, and the thousands of other early Christians, and countless Christians today.

the path shown in the Quran is indeed different. in places it urges patience in suffering, yet allows retaliation in measure. in other places, it gives Muslims permission to fight enemies, and gain land and goods,and subdue those who oppose them. the laws for warfare in the Quran, so far as laws for warfare go, could be described as reasonable. nothing resembling suicide bombing or the slaying of captives for a camera is condoned or supported in the Quran. neither are "honour killing", stoning anyone to death, or prohibitions on images of messengers supported in any way by the Quran itself, as a single text.

at the same time, if one believes that the Gospels, the Christians scriptures referred to in the Quran, are indeed accurate enough for Christians to judge the Quran's entire message and contents by, and accurate enough for a Muslim to refer to if he or she has questions about Jesus or the Torah (i have already quoted or cited those Quranic verses), one must realize that Jesus' standards and Allah's standards for what is Godly and faithful behavior are very different.

yes, Muhammad fought in battles, was badly wounded, and nearly killed. yes, it takes a lot of bravery to fight in battles, to fight with one's life, and to fight for what one believes in, with and for one's suffering comrades. yet Jesus did not fight, but gave His life. it took a lot of bravery and love to allow those men to arrest Him, to see His followers flee from Him, to be beaten and humiliated, paraded through the streets stumbling with a heavy cross, and then killed. which is a more extraordinary, Godly, example of bravery? which story speaks more clearly not to the standards of men, but of God?

another point of contrast- in the Quran, men who stayed home from battle and did not go forth with Muhammad to fight are condemned harshly. they had claimed to be loyal to Muhammad, but instead stayed behind with their families when Muhammad called them to fight alongside him, and they are described as hypocrites, with diseased hearts. Allah asks Muhammad not to pray for them, for they will not be forgiven, even if Muhammad prays seventy times. Jesus watched His disciples flee from Him when He was arrested, and later looked His disciple Peter in the eye as He denied he'd anything to do with Jesus. yet Jesus forgave them this, even after they had fled from Him in His spiritual battle, and after His resurrection talked with them, prayed with them, and taught them.

peace said:
Are you going to give, out of mercy and love, the same good mark that the hard working students deserve to the ones who haven’t done any efforts in preparing for the exam??? Are you going to equate the hard working students with the lazy students?

Jesus speaks of this often. He says, essentially, that the servant who works even a short time, but who does come to work, will be payed as much as the one who worked all day. and that the way-faring, foolish person lost in sin who repents and comes back to God, seeking pardon and rest, will receive it like a flood. yes, the Quran says similar things, and of course so does Islamic thinking. the servant and the persecutor are not the same. yet look at Paul...

maro

muslimah
Forgiveness is a virtue with no doubt ,and we are ordered to forgive as much as our human nature allows. However , it's said that the virtue is always being moderate between two extremes .And this applys for all kind of morals including forgiveness..and that's why Allah described our ummah (muslim nation) to be justly balanced "umatan wasta "
[2:134] " Thus have We made of you an Ummat justly balanced, that ye might be witnesses over the nations, and the Messenger a witness over yourselves......."

judaism teaches that the eye for the eye , while christianity teaches that one should love his enemies ,and if he was slapped on the face, he should happily and willingly ask for more.
the islamic teachings are more reasonable and more moderate between the two extremes, and that's why it's called the religion of wasateya "moderation"
A believer in god is neither a Revenger nor lax to an extreme level , a believer in allah is a moderate person , and that's the key to understand islam..Moderation

If the early muslims didn't fight for that religion , if they didn't sacrifice and suffer the way they did .... we wouldn't have been muslims , by now . IT's not a shame to fight and stuggle for a moral and good purpose . The shame ,all the shame is to turn your back to the fight ,and to refuse to make any effort or any sacrifices for what you believe to be the truth . And that's why Allah blamed those who called themselves muslims but didn't bother to do anythibg to prove their loyality and faith . They thought "paradise " is easy and cheap and that saying (i believe ) is enough for salvation
And this is exactly what the christians are doing today . They sin day and night , with no feeling of guilt ,because jesus have paid for it . and all they need to do _like abu khalid said _ is to say i love jesus or jesus liberated me ....and the other easy mottos..and may be visit the church on sundays

A christian once told me that the rich don't go to paradise (and i am not sure if it is compatible with the main stream christian belief ), and then i replied that in islam ,both the rich and the poor can go to paradise...the poor go to paradise because he was patient with his povety..and the rich go to paradise because he was thankful and paid his zakat and used the money to please God and spread his word....

Islam doesn't teach us to let go of this earthly life for the hereafter , but to make the hereafter a priortity , and to always remember that this life is nothing compared to it ,
does that mean i should let go of my stressful study ,stay at home praying all the time ,and preparing for my afterlife ?...the answer is : NO ...by being a doctor i can serve my religion.. so iam actually preparing for my afterlife...by being Rich ,i can serve my religion ,so i am preparing for my afterlife...by getting maried and raising good muslims.. i am preparing for my afterlife ... the concept of Ibadah in islam is very very wide and includes every little aspect of life ...that's why muslims don't suffer from the schizophrenia of other faiths...we don't do someting for allah and someting for someone else .. all our actions are for Allah ..all our lives with its tiny details is for allah ..and that's how we fulfill the purpose of our creation... which is (TO SERVE ALLAH ).....if you want to say that islam is a religion of power ,i won't differ with you ..having the power is not a shame ,but how you use the power....It's the destiny of our ummah to face enemies no other nation have ever faced...and no other nation would have ever survived....and unless the Gihad was prescribed in our religion .. our Faith would have been eradicated since day one..

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Forgiveness is a virtue with no doubt ,and we are ordered to forgive as much as our human nature allows. However , it's said that the virtue is always being moderate between two extremes .And this applys for all kind of morals including forgiveness..and that's why Allah described our ummah (muslim nation) to be justly balanced "umatan wasta "
[2:134] " Thus have We made of you an Ummat justly balanced, that ye might be witnesses over the nations, and the Messenger a witness over yourselves......."

judaism teaches that the eye for the eye , while christianity teaches that one should love his enemies ,and if he was slapped on the face, he should happily and willingly ask for more.
the islamic teachings are more reasonable and more moderate between the two extremes, and that's why it's called the religion of wasateya "moderation"
A believer in god is neither a Revenger nor lax to an extreme level , a believer in allah is a moderate person , and that's the key to understand islam..Moderation

If the early muslims didn't fight for that religion , if they didn't sacrifice and suffer the way they did .... we wouldn't have been muslims , by now . IT's not a shame to fight and stuggle for a moral and good purpose . The shame ,all the shame is to turn your back to the fight ,and to refuse to make any effort or any sacrifices for what you believe to be the truth . And that's why Allah blamed those who called themselves muslims but didn't bother to do anythibg to prove their loyality and faith . They thought "paradise " is easy and cheap and that saying (i believe ) is enough for salvation
And this is exactly what the christians are doing today . They sin day and night , with no feeling of guilt ,because jesus have paid for it . and all they need to do _like abu khalid said _ is to say i love jesus or jesus liberated me ....and the other easy mottos..and may be visit the church on sundays

A christian once told me that the rich don't go to paradise (and i am not sure if it is compatible with the main stream christian belief ), and then i replied that in islam ,both the rich and the poor can go to paradise...the poor go to paradise because he was patient with his povety..and the rich go to paradise because he was thankful and paid his zakat and used the money to please God and spread his word....

Islam doesn't teach us to let go of this earthly life for the hereafter , but to make the hereafter a priortity , and to always remember that this life is nothing compared to it ,
does that mean i should let go of my stressful study ,stay at home praying all the time ,and preparing for my afterlife ?...the answer is : NO ...by being a doctor i can serve my religion.. so iam actually preparing for my afterlife...by being Rich ,i can serve my religion ,so i am preparing for my afterlife...by getting maried and raising good muslims.. i am preparing for my afterlife ... the concept of Ibadah in islam is very very wide and includes every little aspect of life ...that's why muslims don't suffer from the schizophrenia of other faiths...we don't do someting for allah and someting for someone else .. all our actions are for Allah ..all our lives with its tiny details is for allah ..and that's how we fulfill the purpose of our creation... which is (TO SERVE ALLAH ).....if you want to say that islam is a religion of power ,i won't differ with you ..having the power is not a shame ,but how you use the power....It's the destiny of our ummah to face enemies no other nation have ever faced...and no other nation would have ever survived....and unless the Gihad was prescribed in our religion .. our Faith would have been eradicated since day one..

Masha'Allah sister. I wouldn't have said it better than you. God willing, you will finish your studies and become a doctor, and a servant of Allah as well, as you are now, insha'Allah. :)

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
T's not a shame to fight and stuggle for a moral and good purpose.
So you are saying killing somebody to establish truth is okay? ARE YOU OKAY?
Islam did not allow fights to establish the truth!!!!!!
You people disgrace Islam and do not even know it. I am starting a new thread on the fight of the sword ... I just can't decide whether I should put it in the same-faith forums or general forums because I want EVERYONE to know the religion of peace that Islam is.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So you are saying killing somebody to establish truth is okay? ARE YOU OKAY?
Islam did not allow fights to establish the truth!!!!!!
You people disgrace Islam and do not even know it. I am starting a new thread on the fight of the sword ... I just can't decide whether I should put it in the same-faith forums or general forums because I want EVERYONE to know the religion of peace that Islam is.

I'm sure you didn't get what she meant. We can talk about it in the same-faith debate then. :)

Jeremy Mason

What!?!?! We welcome no punishment. How dare you say that? :foot: