• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam, how much do you really know about it?

Alla Prima

.lava you have not convinced me in the least that Islam does not denigrate Unbelievers and that these Unbelievers are any who follow other religions or no religion. Your argument was extremely weak. So my original position still holds.

.lava

Veteran Member
.lava you have not convinced me in the least that Islam does not denigrate Unbelievers and that these Unbelievers are any who follow other religions or no religion. Your argument was extremely weak. So my original position still holds.

you are not here to ask to know about Islam. you are sure you know it. so why do you ask questions? you believe anything you want. i follow Qur'an and anyone without judgemental behavior would understand what i am saying from my posts. people like you, prefer to ignore all the concepts of Qur'an such as FASIK, therefor you would never understand it. you are comfortable with your weak understanding of Holy Qur'an and you would do your best to hold on to it.

Alla Prima

you are not here to ask to know about Islam. you are sure you know it. so why do you ask questions? you believe anything you want. i follow Qur'an and anyone without judgemental behavior would understand what i am saying from my posts. people like you, prefer to ignore all the concepts of Qur'an such as FASIK, therefor you would never understand it. you are comfortable with your weak understanding of Holy Qur'an and you would do your best to hold on to it.

You posted no links to support your claims. I never heard of this Fasik. Weak.

.lava

Veteran Member
You posted no links to support your claims. I never heard of this Fasik. Weak.

what do you mean link? it is in Qur'an. it is in original text. look, fasik is a name of certain people. they hide the truth of religion from others. they are not ordinary disbelievers. if you knew a truth that would prevent people from eternal pain, would you hide it? i hope not. and i think not but they would and they do, they are. therefor God calls them in Qur'an as the most cruel or as in the verse you shared 3:85 vilest of beats.

Alla Prima

Alla Prima

what do you mean link? it is in Qur'an. it is in original text. look, fasik is a name of certain people. they hide the truth of religion from others. they are not ordinary disbelievers. if you knew a truth that would prevent people from eternal pain, would you hide it? i hope not. and i think not but they would and they do, they are. therefor God calls them in Qur'an as the most cruel or as in the verse you shared 3:85 vilest of beats.

They're not labeled as Unbelievers. They're labeled as transgressors and miscreants.

YUSUFALI: If any turn back after this, they are perverted transgressors.
PICKTHAL: Then whosoever after this shall turn away: they will be miscreants.
SHAKIR: Whoever therefore turns back after this, these it is that are the transgressors.

Who are the Idolaters and the Polytheists?

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
They're not labeled as Unbelievers. They're labeled as Transgressors.

3:82 Whoever therefore turns back after this, these it is that are the transgressors.

Who are the Idolaters and the Polytheists?

what about 3:85? you're jumping from one subject to another.

Alla Prima

what about 3:85? you're jumping from one subject to another.

In your post 1311 you quoted verse 3:82 as a defence to my charge that Unbelievers are denigrated. There is no term Unbeliever (or disbliever) in verse 3:82. Unbelievers and transgressers are two different terms describing two different people.

Disbeliever could apply to any who reject Islam.

SHAKIR: Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve, then they would not believe.

.lava

Veteran Member
Here is the verse. How is it possible that I have spiritual good without Allah? How is it possible that I can reject Allah and not be a loser?

YUSUFALI: If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good).
PICKTHAL: And whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter.
SHAKIR: And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

OK, i believe there is a little confusion. sorry if i caused it.

this is your post above. in this verse you shared, it tells about FASIK people. we have to read earlier verses to understand it. i was trying to explain you, those people that this verse talks about are not ordinary disbelievers. they have a name, fasik and fasik people are disbelievers too but not all disbelievers are fasik.

Alla Prima

OK, i believe there is a little confusion. sorry if i caused it.

this is your post above. in this verse you shared, it tells about FASIK people. we have to read earlier verses to understand it. i was trying to explain you, those people that this verse talks about are not ordinary disbelievers. they have a name, fasik and fasik people are disbelievers too but not all disbelievers are fasik.

Sorry but the verse does not indicate a particular type of person. Quite the opposite. It says:

"If anyone desires a religion"

and

"whoever desires a religion"

It affirms 'anyone' not Fasik people or lose people or traitors but anyone. Anyone means any person at all. Whoever means: whatever person - no matter who. This means all who do not submit to Allah.

.lava

Veteran Member
Sorry but the verse does not indicate a particular type of person. Quite the opposite. It says:

"If anyone desires a religion"

and

"whoever desires a religion"

It affirms 'anyone' not Fasik people or lose people or traitors but anyone. Anyone means any person at all. Whoever means: whatever person - no matter who. This means all who do not submit to Allah.

yes, anyone who betrayal God after witnessing the truth and that would anyone who's in the position of a FASIK.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
i have the floor? to be honest i really did not care for it. from now on i would say 1 billion people. cos i still do not care as i do not see how it is related my entire post and the rest of the things i say remains the same.
Fair enough, but it does tend to offset your message when that message is couched in disputable points, casually added as if they were facts.

you should not be judgemental about 1 billion people.
I judge whom I please, .lava -- as actions merit.

there are many different kinds among us like any other billions. noone can bring peace to this world in case they look down on 1 billion people. that was my point.
Sadly, I no longer care about such trifles as 'world peace'. You see, for so-called 'world peace' to really work, every living person must be on the same page, at the same time and that is never going to happen. It’s a nice idea, but I wouldn’t advise anyone to hold their breath. There will be peace only when there is no one left who feels a need to fight.

i was not trying to inform people about how Islam grows or how many Muslims out there. i know it grows but i can not give the exact number of Muslims. imo nobody can. if 2 billion offended you, i am surprise because i was not trying to highlight the number. i apologize for that.
Apology accepted, and you are correct, it is quite impossible to come up with an accurate number which was precisely why I chose to take you to task on it.

yes, anyone who betrayal God after witnessing the truth and that would anyone who's in the position of a FASIK.
But how can a person betray something that has never been proven to be real (i.e. witnessing the Truth) in the first place? The concept itself is nonsensical as it is based on a premise that cannot be proven.

Let's see if I am following you.

A: God exists.
(Unfortunately this can neither be proven, nor can it be disproven and is therefore a moot point.)

B: A human animal (a person) comes very close to God by 'witnessing the truth'.
(Given that A cannot be established one way or the other, B is therefore an unlikely occurrence.)

C: Having 'witnessed the truth' the human animal (the person) turns their back on this 'truth' and attempt to work against it, which would mean that they are fighting FOR a lie, knowing full well what they are fighting against.
(Given that both A and B are inherently problematic, it can only be concluded that C is a highly unlikely occurrence. Aside from this is the simple fact that someone wise enough to reach the stage of 'witnessing the truth' and would then actually choose to work against that reality stretched credulity -- to say the least.)

Is there something I am misunderstanding here? :shrug:

.lava

Veteran Member
I judge whom I please, .lava -- as actions merit.

sorry, that is not what i meant. i am talking about judging masses. as in, an American soldier rapes an Iraqi girl, and i believe any American would do the same. maybe that would be better if i say 'one should not generalize'.

Sadly, I no longer care about such trifles as 'world peace'. You see, for so-called 'world peace' to really work, every living person must be on the same page, at the same time and that is never going to happen. It’s a nice idea, but I wouldn’t advise anyone to hold their breath. There will be peace only when there is no one left who feels a need to fight.
yes, there would always be war on Earth.

But how can a person betray something that has never been proven to be real (i.e. witnessing the Truth) in the first place? The concept itself is nonsensical as it is based on a premise that cannot be proven.
Let's see if I am following you.

A: God exists.
(Unfortunately this can neither be proven, nor can it be disproven and is therefore a moot point.)

B: A human animal (a person) comes very close to God by 'witnessing the truth'.
(Given that A cannot be established one way or the other, B is therefore an unlikely occurrence.)

C: Having 'witnessed the truth' the human animal (the person) turns their back on this 'truth' and attempt to work against it, which would mean that they are fighting FOR a lie, knowing full well what they are fighting against.
(Given that both A and B are inherently problematic, it can only be concluded that C is a highly unlikely occurrence. Aside from this is the simple fact that someone wise enough to reach the stage of 'witnessing the truth' and would then actually choose to work against that reality stretched credulity -- to say the least.)

Is there something I am misunderstanding here? :shrug:
C would be the right one. only in this case, of course. however it seems like i was not clear enough. in Islam (Tasavvuf/Sufism) there are 28 levels. the most difficult of all levels is 25th. but 26th level is the most important one. because this is the point when one submits his ego/nafs. after some one reach that point, he would not betrayal God. it is possible to 'fall' until you get there. these people, as we call them Fasik, are the ones who reached 14th level and fell and went back to 2nd/1st. at 14th level people reach their Masters. Master means someone who completed 28 levels of Islam, in other words, someone who does not have free will. people witness him as a guidance from God and they have no doubt, they know he is given duty by God. they make a promise to God infront of him. when they fall, they broke that promise and become Fasik. they make a promise for the truth they witness. that truth is not the ultimate truth. ultimate truth is seeing God at 28th level.

PS: how's your health? i hope you're better. sorry to know you went through a painful process.

Last edited:

Alla Prima

Let me see if I understand you. You're saying that the vilest creatures in Allah's site are those who witnessed the truth, still believe in that truth but say to others they don't believe in the truth they once witnessed (in other words they're lying).

Or is it they witnessed the truth but now don't believe the truth they once witnessed. Which is it?

Ok I just read your response to YmirGF's question which was similar to mine. So they're fighting for a lie and in fact are lying.

This does not make sense. Why would someone believe in something yet want others to reject it? Why would someone believe in something yet say they don't. Does not make sense and does make sense that there would be not just one or two crazies with this nonsensical affliction but so many that a verse addressing a mass craziness would have to be written. Doesn't make sense.

Last edited: