• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam, how much do you really know about it?

.lava

Veteran Member
Forcing one to be subdued IS compulsion to religion. Muslims cannot see this but freedom loving people can.

Islam tells non-Muslims they are non-believers. Non-believers in what might you ask? Non-believers in ALLAH. This is the myopic and oppressive vision of Islam.

the ONE AND ONLY BOOK OF ISLAM; QUR'AN says "let there be NO compulsion in religion" and some people let it happen. here you say that is oppressive vision of Islam. what kind of logic would that be?

.lava

Veteran Member
yet, generally the commands are ludicrus and on false pretenses. Commands which are such often anger some. Ex: me.

i consider commands that come from ego to be false.

ex:me...? now, are you determined to confuse me today? first your question about fate and destiny confused me, now there is great unknown ex:U...mmm...let's see what's next :beach:

Alla Prima

the ONE AND ONLY BOOK OF ISLAM; QUR'AN says "let there be NO compulsion in religion" and some people let it happen. here you say that is oppressive vision of Islam. what kind of logic would that be?

YUSUFALI: Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Alla Prima

in general people are angry and upset about religion because they hate to be commanded.

Only slaves and those who want to control others love commands. Free courageous people seek out authentic experence which resonates with their heart and mind.

Creative mythology springs not, like theology, from the dicta of authority, but from the insights, thoughts, sentiments and vision of an adaquate individual, loyal to his own experience of value. Thus it corrects authority holding to the shells of forms produced and left behind by lives once lived. ~Joseph Campbell

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Lincoln once said: "As I would not choose to be a slave, so i would not choose to be a slave-master."
Some call this the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
YUSUFALI: Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

first gather with your friends, start a gang, get your selves guns, refuse paying taxes, ignore society and attack people of your society to kill and to rob them just because you and your friends refuse their beliefs. then come back and tell me how you'd treated for what you've done.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
first gather with your friends, start a gang, get your selves guns, refuse paying taxes, ignore society and attack people of your society to kill and to rob them just because you and your friends refuse their beliefs. then come back and tell me how you'd treated for what you've done.

put in jail and sentenced based upon democratic laws and a jury of their peers.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
they have guns, they are shooting.

perper spray, electric tazzers, polite suggestions, wait till they run out of bullets...
by now we probably have technology that makes wrong-doer sleep.

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
were you able to watch that video? The guy asked the Agnostic woman if she was a heretic and said if she was he didn't have to argue with her.

you tube is forbidden in here. i can get in but i am too lazy to do it.

think about it, if he said that he never argues, that, i would understand. because if he agrees with someone else, then there is nothing to argue about. if someone had another belief system then he can argue with him. although he is right, he does not have to, which means he is not obligated. i am not either.