• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam, how much do you really know about it?

challupa

the christians and jews of today are ok, but changes have been made to the original scriptures, thus the main stream, or the reall religion has been lost. as for the baha'i religion, i have great respect for it, its followers are good people, but a jew christian, and a muslim of today can prove it wrong (ie not related to these 3 religions) by this, the baha'i's beleive that hinduism is also a true religion, now as far as logic goes, you cannot mix a monotheist and a polytheist. the baha'i's only say that our religion is here to prove all other major religions right, (as far as i know). and so hinduism may have something in common to buddhism but not to islam, judaism nor christianity.
Okay, well if you believe no other religion is right other than the big 3 then I guess that kind of ends that line of thought. Just as a matter of interest, Hinduism is technically a one god religion too. Brahma or Brahman is their god. I know they have other secondary gods. I guess you could say that Christians have secondary gods too because people worship the virgin Mary and Jesus kind of like Hindus worship Krishna, Shiva etc. Islams secondary god I see as Muhammed because you praise him too along with Allah. So you see, you religions all have something in common.

islamcity

sorry you have got it wrong. Islam is probably the only religon which is placed on the belief in only one god and where muhamad is only a messenger given the occupation of delivering the message of islam to man kind.
In Islam we believe that god is one and if you associate any others with god then you are mushrik meaning not a muslim. This is clearly explained in the quran the book of islam

challupa

sorry you have got it wrong. Islam is probably the only religon which is placed on the belief in only one god and where muhamad is only a messenger given the occupation of delivering the message of islam to man kind.
In Islam we believe that god is one and if you associate any others with god then you are mushrik meaning not a muslim. This is clearly explained in the quran the book of islam
Are you saying that you do not praise Muhammed?

challupa

what specifcally do you mean by praise
I'm not really sure what I mean. I guess I mean worship him. If he is just a messenger why is there a problem with his picture being shown. It seems as though he is almost at the status of god which all three of the one god religions believe you could not live through seeing the face of. Maybe it would be better for you to tell me what Muhammed means to you and what you do to honor him. That would likely be more important than what I think or mean.

DeepwoodsofMaine

DeepwoodsofMaine
I am a devout Roman Catholic, and have studied other religions for years. I believe, as does the Church, that God will judge all men according to their deeds on that last day. We do not believe our God will send anyone to Hell who has lived according to the morality of their well-formed conscience. that goes for any religion. My God is a loving God, a merciful and forgiving God. My own daughter, my first born is a Buddhist, and I love her very deeply, and so does God. He loves us all....my God does. I know that Muslims pray five times a day, touch their foreheads to the ground, saying Allah Akbar (Allah is great, Allah is all knowing, etc.,) in the hopes that this will help them find approval in Allah and admission into paradise upon their death or on Judgement Day.....but they are never given any assurance they will go to Heaven. I am assured that if I live according to the 10 Commandments, serve and love the Lord my God with all my heart and soul, confess my sins and try to live more closely to God, I will by His grace, be admitted to Heaven when my time comes around. This is what the Holy Bible teaches us.

I know that in Islam infidels are to be converted, and if they refuse they are to be killed....this is in the Qur'an. I do not see a loving God in this equation.

I know a terrorist is one who deliberately murders/slaughters innocent people without provocation of any kind. I know the Taliban have murdered many of their own women...I have seen one poor, innocent woman executed in an Afghanistan soccer stadium in front of her family while she begged for her life. Why???? Because SHE was raped. You see, in Islam it is always the woman who is to blame when she is raped.

I know it was terrorists who murdered/beheaded Danny Pearl, who never got to see his soon to be born son. These same terrorists also tortured and beheaded an Englishman who was a contractor, and did the same to several other innocent men.

I know women are less than dogs in many Muslim countries....they are subject to "pre-arranged" marriages, and many of these "brides" are under the age of 15, while their husbands are in their forties or fifties. They can have as many wives as they can afford. The women cannot drive, vote, work, etc., etc.

I know that it was terrorists who flew two airplanes into the Twin Towers and killed over 3,000 innocent civilians. This was a totally unprovoked attack on innocent people just going along with their lives....people from all races, cultures, religions, and ages.

I know they flew a plane into the Pentagon and killed one of my very dearest friends in the world, so don't ever tell me the US carried out this hideous act of terrorism. I worked for the government, and I know the truth.....AND SO DO YOU!

I know that Mohammed married Aisha when she was a six year old child, and that he was illiterate, but then most people were back then. He spoke the words sent to him by Allah and others wrote down the words he spoke.

So if you believe in the Qur'an, the words of Mohammed, then by all means embrace it with all your heart. I honestly am a believer in people adhering to whatever religion they truly believe is the Truth. But don't ever expect to deceive me or many other Christians of the innocence and peacefulness of Islam.

By His Grace....may you find real peace, and I truly mean that!

Last edited:

islamcity

Response to challupa:

According to Islam, Allah created man for a noble purpose: to worship Him and lead a virtuous life based on His teachings and guidance. How would man know his role and purpose of his existence unless he received clear and practical instructions of what Allah wants him to do? Here comes the need for prophethood. Thus Allah had chosen from every nation a prophet or more to convey His Message to people. Muhamad was the last prophet among 124,000. To honour our prophet we follow the rules which were revealed to him and follow his sayings and teachings.
There is nothing wrong with illustrating images of the prophet muhamad but there is a fine line which we must try and not overcome. For example the danish artists who portrayed the prophet in many insulting and offensive ways. We try and avoid drawing these images out of respect to the prophet muhamad.

islamcity

I am a devout Roman Catholic, and have studied other religions for years. I believe, as does the Church, that God will judge all men according to their deeds on that last day. We do not believe our God will send anyone to Hell who has lived according to the morality of their well-formed conscience. that goes for any religion. My God is a loving God, a merciful and forgiving God. My own daughter, my first born is a Buddhist, and I love her very deeply, and so does God. He loves us all....my God does. I know that Muslims pray five times a day, touch their foreheads to the ground, saying Allah Akbar (Allah is great, Allah is all knowing, etc.,) in the hopes that this will help them find approval in Allah and admission into paradise upon their death or on Judgement Day.....but they are never given any assurance they will go to Heaven. I am assured that if I live according to the 10 Commandments, serve and love the Lord my God with all my heart and soul, confess my sins and try to live more closely to God, I will by His grace, be admitted to Heaven when my time comes around. This is what the Holy Bible teaches us.

I know that in Islam infidels are to be converted, and if they refuse they are to be killed....this is in the Qur'an. I do not see a loving God in this equation.

I know a terrorist is one who deliberately murders/slaughters innocent people without provocation of any kind. I know the Taliban have murdered many of their own women...I have seen one poor, innocent woman executed in an Afghanistan soccer stadium in front of her family while she begged for her life. Why???? Because SHE was raped. You see, in Islam it is always the woman who is to blame when she is raped.

I know it was terrorists who murdered/beheaded Danny Pearl, who never got to see his soon to be born son. These same terrorists also tortured and beheaded an Englishman who was a contractor, and did the same to several other innocent men.

I know women are less than dogs in many Muslim countries....they are subject to "pre-arranged" marriages, and many of these "brides" are under the age of 15, while their husbands are in their forties or fifties. They can have as many wives as they can afford. The women cannot drive, vote, work, etc., etc.

I know that it was terrorists who flew two airplanes into the Twin Towers and killed over 3,000 innocent civilians. This was a totally unprovoked attack on innocent people just going along with their lives....people from all races, cultures, religions, and ages.

I know they flew a plane into the Pentagon and killed one of my very dearest friends in the world, so don't ever tell me the US carried out this hideous act of terrorism. I worked for the government, and I know the truth.....AND SO DO YOU!

I know that Mohammed married Aisha when she was a six year old child, and that he was illiterate, but then most people were back then. He spoke the words sent to him by Allah and others wrote down the words he spoke.

So if you believe in the Qur'an, the words of Mohammed, then by all means embrace it with all your heart. I honestly am a believer in people adhering to whatever religion they truly believe is the Truth. But don't ever expect to deceive me or many other Christians of the innocence and peacefulness of Islam.

Infact muslims do have tha assurance of the mercy of allah and also the support of all our prophet and in my case i am a follower of the shia the 12 imams will also be there for support. Good deeds will also help on the day of judgment. Folloing the pillars of islam such as carrying out hajj(pilgrimage) and giving money to the poor.
All of these and much more.

challupa

Response to challupa:

According to Islam, Allah created man for a noble purpose: to worship Him and lead a virtuous life based on His teachings and guidance. How would man know his role and purpose of his existence unless he received clear and practical instructions of what Allah wants him to do? Here comes the need for prophethood. Thus Allah had chosen from every nation a prophet or more to convey His Message to people. Muhamad was the last prophet among 124,000. To honour our prophet we follow the rules which were revealed to him and follow his sayings and teachings.
There is nothing wrong with illustrating images of the prophet muhamad but there is a fine line which we must try and not overcome. For example the danish artists who portrayed the prophet in many insulting and offensive ways. We try and avoid drawing these images out of respect to the prophet muhamad.
Okay, I understand that. I never heard of the 124,000 before though. That is interesting. Where does that come from? From what I am understanding you only honor Muhammed, you do not worship him, is that correct?

The one thing I don't see as necessary is prophets. In my belief we as individuals are supposed to commune with god and not follow what others tell us to do as they could not possibly know what is right for us as each of us are unique . This philosophy is different from yours and does not require me to honor any human. Interesting, thank you for your answers.

islamcity

DeepwoodsofMaine: I know a terrorist is one who deliberately murders/slaughters innocent people without provocation of any kind.

Well since you "KNOW" what terrorism means then i suggest you know that over 90,000 innocent civilians have been deliberatly murdered and slaughtered by the bush government in Iraq, let alone the rest in Afghanistan.
just because a group of muslim terrorist bomb a place or ram a plane into a building that doesnt mean all the other 1.6 billion muslims are terrorists.
The prophet marrying aisha at a young age. That was widespread in those times, most women were married at around aishas age. And there is nothing wrong with that. At least those muslims carried out legal marriage instead of sleeping with there boyfreinds or even kissing befor marriage. This is strictly prohibited in islam.
You also quoted that in islam we believe infelils must be killed but do you know that christians such as you are part of the ahlul kitab (the people of the book ) which are not to be harmed by any muslim unless they declare war agaimst us.

islamcity

Okay, I understand that. I never heard of the 124,000 before though. That is interesting. Where does that come from? From what I am understanding you only honor Muhammed, you do not worship him, is that correct?

The one thing I don't see as necessary is prophets. In my belief we as individuals are supposed to commune with god and not follow what others tell us to do as they could not possibly know what is right for us as each of us are unique . This philosophy is different from yours and does not require me to honor any human. Interesting, thank you for your answers.

But as i told you in my religon the prophets only tell us to worship god not to worship them. They preach only what god had ordered them to preach. Yes we are all unique but what all muslims share in common is there belief in the one god and islam, therefor if they all sharethe one religon then they all share the same set of beliefs.

challupa

But as i told you in my religon the prophets only tell us to worship god not to worship them. They preach only what god had ordered them to preach. Yes we are all unique but what all muslims share in common is there belief in the one god and islam, therefor if they all sharethe one religon then they all share the same set of beliefs.
Makes sense. If you all have the same beliefs you would become one religion. I am alone in my beliefs, so there's just me.

ThereIsNoSpoon

again wrong, i have not said that i am smart. if only i was. i too need some reading, but i do it slowly, i cannot tell people that by reading you become smart, it has worked for me,
I am confused. Are you smart or are you not ?
If you are not then how do you know others are not ?

and i have not read only slamic books, i have read many books about physics, science, math, english, design. etc,
Can you name me some ?

but i though you were asking only of religious books,
I thought that you were encouraging others (nonmuslims) to read also islamic books. So I asked the question what you had read so far. And it seems religiously only islamic books. Am I correct ?

maeder

ive known some muslim people and i think there's nothing wrong with them..It's just that they have their own religious belief

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
DeepwoodsofMaine: I know a terrorist is one who deliberately murders/slaughters innocent people without provocation of any kind.

Well since you "KNOW" what terrorism means then i suggest you know that over 90,000 innocent civilians have been deliberatly murdered and slaughtered by the bush government in Iraq, let alone the rest in Afghanistan.
just because a group of muslim terrorist bomb a place or ram a plane into a building that doesnt mean all the other 1.6 billion muslims are terrorists.
The prophet marrying aisha at a young age. That was widespread in those times, most women were married at around aishas age. And there is nothing wrong with that. At least those muslims carried out legal marriage instead of sleeping with there boyfreinds or even kissing befor marriage. This is strictly prohibited in islam.
You also quoted that in islam we believe infelils must be killed but do you know that christians such as you are part of the ahlul kitab (the people of the book ) which are not to be harmed by any muslim unless they declare war agaimst us.

I think you should review your post,if the figure of 90,000 dead is correct it certainly was'nt the USA who killed them,most if not all civilians killed in Iraq are carried out by terrorists trained in Iran.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I am confused. Are you smart or are you not ?
If you are not then how do you know others are not ?

i'm smart enough, no one is smart, no one can keep up with the information of this world, i didn't say i'm not smart, i may be and i may not be, just like everyone else, and i did not say that others are smart nor dumb, thats your assumption.

Can you name me some ?

sure; bruce daw (poems), story of tom brennan, Macbeth, year 11 and 12 maths, year 11 and 12 chemistry, physics, etc, good enough?

I thought that you were encouraging others (nonmuslims) to read also islamic books. So I asked the question what you had read so far. And it seems religiously only islamic books. Am I correct ?

if we go back to my original statement i meant that if you wish to know of a religion then read its scriptures, i'm not saying to anyone to read abut islam if they do not want to, and i have read other books too, see above

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
yes offcourse. it did start with 50, but Moses (as) met with muhammed (saws) after his conversation with Allah, and asked him about the amout of prayer hes was tolled to perform per day, muhammed (saws) said 50, then moses (as) said my people and i had it 50, go beg Allah to lower it down, my people and i strugled with 50, and you and your people will not be able to do it, so muhammed (saws) asked Allah to lower the amout of prayer per day untill it got to five.

Thanks for the answer.