• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamic Justice: girl lashed for being raped; rapist pardoned

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
have you ever seen Muslims waiting in km long lines to throw just one stone? have you ever compared the number of people who gather together to stone someone to death to actual population of the area? have you ever considered that those who is able to throw stones at a living creature are also minority in public?

majority would follow religious leaders. when religious leaders approve certain hadiths were fabricated and stoning is not Islamic at all, only a minority would oppose to it and that would be the ones who's able to throw stones

Here is a picture of thousands of Syrians rioting because they objected to a European newspaper publishing a frigging cartoon!

syria_burning_embassies_1.jpg

Majority, or minority?

Aren't the religious leaders the most learned and authoritative, the people that ordinary Muslims are supposed to follow?

.lava

Veteran Member
The lie is that what calls itself Islam, the religion that the majority of Muslims follow, actually is Islam? In your view, how many True Muslims are there in the world? About what percentage of people-who-call-themselves-Muslim really are? Why do we only see these problems in countries-that-call-themselves-Muslim?

Let's take what you call false Islam and call it Frobnick. It sounds like we agree that Frobnick is a very bad thing, which we should all resist and combat at every opportunity. True?

frobnick?..don't be funny. i would not call myself real and other unreal. they are all Muslims. most of Muslim people would want to follow commands of God. their loyalty is abused. that's all

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
frobnick?..don't be funny. i would not call myself real and other unreal. they are all Muslims. most of Muslim people would want to follow commands of God. their loyalty is abused. that's all

And the result, among other things, is that innocent Muslim women are raped and punished for being raped.

It seems to me that the only people who can rectify this situation are other Muslims.

So rather than getting mad at me for talking about it, (or denying it, like Maro) shouldn't all you Muslims be angry at these religious leaders for perpetrating this injustice?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
btw, I had the opportunity to interview the brilliant, amazing Daisy Kahn about the Muslim Women's Jihad Against Violence. Her plan to counter these kinds of problem is to train women to become mufftiyas, and empower them to issue more correct fatwas. What do you think of that approach?

.lava

Veteran Member
Here is a picture of thousands of Syrians rioting because they objected to a European newspaper publishing a frigging cartoon!

Majority, or minority?

Aren't the religious leaders the most learned and authoritative, the people that ordinary Muslims are supposed to follow?

cartoons were provocation. it happened again recently in Norway. they drew a pig reading Qur'an. they also wrote name of the last Prophet of God on it. how should i feel? should i pretend to be stupid? i mean, i could but not when i am forced to. i could play stupid since it is an very easy act, so i play it as much as i want, yet, only when i want. of course buring things is not nice. it is not free speech, is it?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
cartoons were provocation. it happened again recently in Norway. they drew a pig reading Qur'an. they also wrote name of the last Prophet of God on it. how should i feel? should i pretend to be stupid? i mean, i could but not when i am forced to. i could play stupid since it is an very easy act, so i play it as much as i want, yet, only when i want. of course buring things is not nice. it is not free speech, is it?

So you agree that rioting, burning buildings, and beating innocent Belgians to death is an appropriate response to a cartoon?!?!

Do you have any idea how many blasphemous cartoons of Jesus there are? Christians don't like it, and they squawk, but they don't freakin' riot. What is wrong with Muslims that they act like that?!?! I gotta tell you, the rest of the world thinks that sort of thing is plain crazy. And you wonder why we have a poor image of Muslims???!!!!

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
So you agree that rioting, burning buildings, and beating innocent Belgians to death is an appropriate response to a cartoon?!?!

Do you have any idea how many blasphemous cartoons of Jesus there are? Christians don't like it, and they squawk, but they don't freakin' riot. What is wrong with Muslims that they act like that?!?! I gotta tell you, the rest of the world thinks that sort of thing is plain crazy. And you wonder why we have a poor image of Muslims???!!!!

But can you blame Muslims for having a poor image of the West?

.lava

Veteran Member
And the result, among other things, is that innocent Muslim women are raped and punished for being raped.

It seems to me that the only people who can rectify this situation are other Muslims.

So rather than getting mad at me for talking about it, (or denying it, like Maro) shouldn't all you Muslims be angry at these religious leaders for perpetrating this injustice?

i am not mad at you. yes, other Muslims would change things, not Western weapons. so, can you now simply remove all of your weapons and soldiers out of Muslim nations instead of judging and looking down upon on Muslim wrong doers among us?

mmm...can you?

.lava

Veteran Member

no, i certainly do not wonder why, Autodidact. i know why.

no, i don't think attacking is a proper way of expression, though that includes attacking what's divine for over billion people. this is so not about our image, friend. Western are killing Muslims EVERY SINGLE DAY. they kill those women whom you care so much only when they are raped. so no problem if they were bomb?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
But can you blame Muslims for having a poor image of the West?

"The West" is an awfully broad category. I certainly can't blame them for being angry at the U.S. Invading Iraq alone is sufficient to hate us for--at least that's how I see it. Also we lean way too far to Israel and not enough to the Palestinians--these are very justified points.

I don't think any of that justified suicide bombing and the like, of course.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
i am not mad at you. yes, other Muslims would change things, not Western weapons. so, can you now simply remove all of your weapons and soldiers out of Muslim nations instead of judging and looking down upon on Muslim wrong doers among us?

mmm...can you?

Sadly, I can only speak out as one citizen in a Democracy. I will say that although I strongly opposed the Iraq invasion and occupation, I do NOT oppose us fighting back against Al Qaeda. On the contrary, I think we should attack them and wipe them off the face of the earth. What's your view on that?

.lava

Veteran Member
Sadly, I can only speak out as one citizen in a Democracy. I will say that although I strongly opposed the Iraq invasion and occupation, I do NOT oppose us fighting back against Al Qaeda. On the contrary, I think we should attack them and wipe them off the face of the earth. What's your view on that?

and you should invade any Muslim nation with that decade old excuse, bomb, arrest, torture and kill whoever you want, enter anywhere you want even without permission of current government, act like owner of the world and at the same time force your own people to economic crisis because cleaning Middle East from Muslims is much more important than your citizens...i wonder why...

so, why did not you prevent invasion of Iraq, Autodidact?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
and you should invade any Muslim nation with that decade old excuse, bomb, arrest, torture and kill whoever you want, enter anywhere you want even without permission of current government, act like owner of the world and at the same time force your own people to economic crisis because cleaning Middle East from Muslims is much more important than your citizens...i wonder why...

Because I am only one citizen in a democracy.

Start a thread, this one is about Muslim injustice against Muslims.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
yea..nice timing, smart girl.. what can i say?

right, it is all about Muslims injustice and nothing more

That is what it's about. Bangladeshi (Saudi Arabian, Iranian, Yemeni, Sudanese, Nigerian, etc. etc.) governments are perpetrating rank injustice against their female citizens. These countries are not occupied by the U.S., and are responsible for their own decisions.

So if you want to talk about U.S. foreign policy, start a thread.

Riverwolf

Premium Member

This, I will take Auto's side on. I, too, was vastly opposed to the invasion, but our leaders, over whom we forget we have control, by the way, didn't see it as an invasion, but as a "liberation."

One person cannot stand against the government, and the majority of American citizens, believe it or not, are so caught up in their own little worlds that they don't really pay attention to what's going on in the world.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Here's what I've got so far:
-This is not Islamic, but that's a minority view.
-All of these reports are Western propaganda and lies.
-It's not fair to call justice administered under Islam "Islamic Justice."

Does that accurately sum up the views of Muslims here on RF?

Riverwolf

Premium Member
-All of these reports are Western propaganda and lies.

Not "lies," per se, but misleading information. They give facts, but only some of them, with the intention of making something look bad.

It's like saying invading foreign countries is the typical American attitude because of Vietnam, Iraq, etc, or that America is a military nation because we seem to get caught up in wars all the time.