• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamic Justice: girl lashed for being raped; rapist pardoned

kai

ragamuffin
It may not be because of that.

It could just be that they don't want to get drawn into a pointless argument.

You know i don't think its a pointless argument. If its not Islamic then let the poster know, If its some kind of Bangladeshi corruption of Quranic principle or Hadith then just say so.

Theres really nothing to argue about just clarify the Punishment , Is it Islamic or Cultural? In fact if i was a Muslim i would welcome the opportunity and take great pains to clarify my position on such things.

Of course if Muslims choose to ignore threads like this then non Muslims tend to make up their own minds on such subjects.

You know i don't think its a pointless argument. If its not Islamic then let the poster know, If its some kind of Bangladeshi corruption of Quranic principle or Hadith then just say so.

Theres really nothing to argue about just clarify the Punishment , Is it Islamic or Cultural? In fact if i was a Muslim i would welcome the opportunity and take great pains to clarify my position on such things.

Of course if Muslims choose to ignore threads like this then non Muslims tend to make up their own minds on such subjects.

If it is contrary to Islam, I would think that they would want to disavow it and acknowledge that it is wrong.

TC

kai

ragamuffin
Like I said, if it goes against Islam, that's all the more reason they should be in here disavowing it.

TC

Well some Muslims are fed up with doing just that time and time again, and others seem to take any such posts as insults to Islam. and others may feel it demeaning to enter into such discussions.I guess its up to them.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Well some Muslims are fed up with doing just that time and time again, and others seem to take any such posts as insults to Islam. and others may feel it demeaning to enter into such discussions.I guess its up to them.

I don't really blame them, seeing as how whenever they try, it seems that more often than not, they're completely ignored.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I do blame them. If they try and fail, that sucks. But if they refuse to try, it's all on them.

TC

You haven't been here for very long. Believe me: we've had lots and lots of threads just like this in the past, some of them downright flamebaits and blatant accusations. Muslims have constantly come in to defend themselves and their religion.

They're ignored pretty much every time.

That's why they're ignoring this thread: it's redundant.

They, as a group, are not guilty of any crime. It is just a waste to blame them. This silence does, considering the situation of this thread, not change that.

They, as a group, are not guilty of these actions. They, as a group, are guilty of not disassociating themselves from these actions, though. Silence is tantamount to endorsement.

TC

Riverwolf

Premium Member
They, as a group, are not guilty of these actions. They, as a group, are guilty of not disassociating themselves from these actions, though. Silence is tantamount to endorsement.

TC

No, it isn't.

Silence just means exactly that: silence. It doesn't mean one thing or the other.

Kerr

TC
Not in this case. I am sure that if this thread would have been formulated in another way that would have been considered less offensive and less of an accusation towards them all there would have been more responses from them. The silence does not mean they are not disassociating themselves. Context matters.

Not in this case. I am sure that if this thread would have been formulated in another way that would have been considered less offensive and less of an accusation towards them all there would have been more responses from them. The silence does not mean they are not disassociating themselves. Context matters.

Put that to the test, then.

TC