• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel Should Be Stopped

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It doesn't - although in this instance, I blame Hamas.
Only Hamas?
This would ignore the Nakba & nearly 80
years of oppressing & killing Palestinians.
They knew what they were doing and what it would lead to - they've said as much, off camera. It was a deliberate act to provoke a response that couldn't be ignored, carried out due to the fear of Hamas's leadership that improving relationships between Israel and the rest of the Arab world would lead to the Palestinian issue being sidelined.
Israel knew what it's been doing all these
decades. And it should've known that
violent oppression breeds violent retaliation.
Israeli forces, by and large, don't see Palestinians as human. The same way some Palestinians feel about Jews. Unprovoked, Israel shows some degree of reasonableness, provoked there are few or no limits to the cruelty. That's the reality of it. It's important to remember that suicide bomb attacks were happening almost weekly when the 'border' was relaxed and Palestinians were permitted much more freedom of movement.

As awful as Israel's violence is, Hamas is to blame for what is happening right now.
This smacks of excusing genocide.
Do you oppose stopping Israel from committing it?

Tomef

No, but it also doesn't ignore, for example, Palestinian attacks on the smaller Jewish population in the 1920s, and the centuries of violence instigated by Mohammed against Jews. To quote what you said earlier, if Nakba was carried out by people not alive today, how is it any more relevant than earlier episodes in history? When Palestinians had more freedom, those among them who are so inclined took every opportunity to kill Jews.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This has been a busy thread.
I won't be able to respond for a while.
I'm soon off for hand surgery.
I don't know if posting will be easy
enuf to be worthwhile with only my
left hand intact.
So if any feel ignored, it's because I'm
ignoring you until my right hand
improves.
No, but it also doesn't ignore, for example, Palestinian attacks on the smaller Jewish population in the 1920s, and the centuries of violence instigated by Mohammed against Jews. To quote what you said earlier, if Nakba was carried out by people not alive today, how is it any more relevant than earlier episodes in history? When Palestinians had more freedom, those among them who are so inclined took every opportunity to kill Jews.
The Nakba was carried out by many who are
still alive against many others who are still alive.
At this point, you & I must agree to disagree
about the justice of genocide.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
left hand intact.
improves.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
left hand intact.
improves.
Try voice to text, it's hilarious.

Tomef

Only Hamas?

Israel knew what it's been doing all these
decades. And it should've known that
violent oppression breeds violent retaliation.

This smacks of excusing genocide.
Do you oppose stopping Israel from committing it?
Do you oppose getting rid of an organisation like Hamas, dedicated to the elimination of all Jews? What solution are you seeing here? Taking sides in this conflict makes no sense. Israel is able to kill more people, Hamas is only limited by a lack of arms and funding. Take away Israel's funding, more Jews die, give them arms, more Palestinians die - if they attack Israel. If Hamas ceased hostilities, there would be some possibility of peace.

Put it this way - if there was some guy who used to live on the land your house it built on, but he disappeared for years, then turned up later with some documentation on which he could make a claim. You show him you bought the land, fair and square, but this devolves into a legal dispute. Then it gets nastier. He moves onto your land, you kill some of his family members, he kills some of yours. Things calm down, you let him stay there while you try to sort things out. Then, one day, one of you rapes and kills the other's partner. What do you do if it's your partner? At what point would you be willing to forgive in order to achieve a peaceful agreement? [nb. this could represent either side in either position, depending on whose version of events you favour]

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You are either unaware of, or dismissal of, Israel's
greater terrorist acts, eg, bombing homes, shooting
civilians, & relieving children of their heads, eyes,
limbs, & lives. You're OK with mass murder of
innocents, so long as it's done by conventional
warfare.
The blinders you wear are the basis for this genocide.
I am aware if those missles were not fired, this debate wouldn't even be going on.

I'm sure we know where the terrorism lays.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I am aware if those missles were not fired, this debate wouldn't even be going on.

I'm sure we know where the terrorism lays.
Firing missles is not a terrorist act.
At least according to you.
It has to be suicide bombers and plane hijackers in order to be terrorism, right?
At least, that is what you said in this very thread:
I don't have a problem with it. Unless of course you can point out Israels Suicide bombers and plane hijackers.

Twilight Hue

Firing missles is not a terrorist act.
At least according to you.
It has to be suicide bombers and plane hijackers in order to be terrorism, right?
At least, that is what you said in this very thread:
I'd say terrorists do stuff like that making it a fairly accurate assessment.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Israel continues bombing homes.
6 of 9 killed are children.
Israelis must be so proud of such
efforts to free the hostages.

Meanwhile, Genocide Joe continues
supplying Israel with bombs to kill
Palestinians, & applies no sanctions
whatsoever against Israel for genocide
or for Jewish settler attacks on Muslims.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Yep. Less child suicide bombers for Palestinian militants to use against Israel.

Hamas must be royally pissed. You cannot win hearts and minds of those who have no hearts and minds in the first place.

They could care less about their children.

Flankerl

So many users going off the deep end because officers of the IRGC in Syria were blown up :hearteyes:

Poor IRGC, what a catastrophe

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Yep. Less child suicide bombers for Palestinian militants to use against Israel.

Hamas must be royally pissed. You cannot win hearts and minds of those who have no hearts and minds in the first place.

They could care less about their children.
Remember, folks: Hamas are bad, therefore killing children is fine.

Literally, you hear "children killed by Israeli airstrike" and your first response is "Well, that's less suicide bombers for Hamas!"

Monstrous.